Visit site
✟16,321.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, this was 20 years ago and I haven't lived there in a very long time. I was only there for a couple years before I moved. We didn't have the technology back then that we have now, but I always see things today that make me think, "Boy, if they had this 20 years ago, I would have caught that thief easily!". Security cameras today are soooooo much better and cheaper!
Somewhere along the lines I missed your telling us that in the beginning. Thanks.
Best wishes. :)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What matters is that there are people who do know about Cecil. And are heartbroken and outraged that he is gone and how that happened.

I understand that, but I seriously doubt that the majority of people out there who are hating on the dentist had ever heard of Cecil the Lion. If most people living in Cecil's country didn't know of his existence, certainly even fewer people elsewhere would have.
But what about lions who kill people? There doesn't seem to be as much outrage when that happens, even in Zimbabwe. Those people actually have to live amongst these creatures: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/sex-romp-turns-deadly-lion-attacks-article-1.1281125

Reactions: MiniEmu
Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This thread isn't about "problem" lions that kill people.

It's about a lion that was collared, part of a study, and illegal to kill.

If it were a problem lion that was killing people, there would be much less outrage (still some, because people are always going to be offended). Exterminating individual problem animals that are known to kill people is understandable.

Reactions: Orange Crow
Upvote 0

Lazy_Proverb

"You did not choose me but I chose you"Jn.15:16
Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
✟16,321.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is about Cecil. And the poacher dentist and two guides who all contributed to the killing, the skinning, and the beheading of this one particular lion of Zimbabwe.

Other issues are irrelevant.

Reactions: HotRhymez
Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think he knew that. That's why he resorted to pointing a weapon at her face, threatening to "light her up". When words fail, resort to violence.

I think cops like to get people out of their vehicle in order to make the person feel more vulnerable since they're no longer in the safety of their vehicle, and of course it also opens the door to a search of the vehicle once the person is no longer in it.

Wrong. Removing someone from their car is to get them to calm down and for the officer's and civilians safety. Ive never felt vulnerable outside my vehicle. Do you know how difficult it is to fight someone in a confined space, such as inside a vehicle? Also, outside of the vehicle you are "eye to eye" with the officer. Inside the vehicle, the officer is "towering above you". Basic psychology.

Answering the door is not consent. In fact, if they have a warrant, they have to legally give you "reasonable time" to answer the door before they can bust into the house. You can't push back, but you can file a lawsuit. If they found anything illegal in your house, tell your lawyer exactly what happened.

I guess you haven't heard of Obama's "no knock warrants". This was the same guy who claimed it was perfectly legal to use military drones to kill US citizen on US soil. Several Americans have been killed during no knock warrants.

As for the weapon he was going to use to "light her up". You can see the silhouette of his hand. That isn't a gun or a tazer. It was a container of pepper spray.

He asked her not once, but twice if she was ok. She was only going to get a warning ticket, but she decided to get mouthy. A cops job is difficult enough without having to deal with mouthy, self-important morons who think their rights supersede everyone else's rights. I understand that you two probably don't know this, but the cops aren't legally obligated to protect you, even if your life is in danger. Several lawsuits have been filed over the years and the Supreme Court has always sided with the police.

And as I said earlier. She is responsible for her suicide. No one else. No one forced her to hang herself and the fact that within days her family is suing the officer tells me its all about "Show me da money!"

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This thread isn't about "problem" lions that kill people.

It's about a lion that was collared, part of a study, and illegal to kill.

If it were a problem lion that was killing people, there would be much less outrage (still some, because people are always going to be offended). Exterminating individual problem animals that are known to kill people is understandable.

It really doesn't sound like the protesters that do things like vandalizing property by painting "Lion Killer" on the guy's garage care about a law that was broken in Zimbabwe.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This thread is about Cecil. And the poacher dentist and two guides who all contributed to the killing, the skinning, and the beheading of this one particular lion of Zimbabwe.

Other issues are irrelevant.

Issues can be intertwined. Laws, ethics, anti-hunting groups with their own agendas, animal lovers, animal "rights" activists, anti-gun activists, and general hate all have something to do with this.

Reactions: William67
Upvote 0