Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't have to listen to murderous lunatics to understand murderous lunatics.

Well, I'm not gifted with your supernatural insight.

Murderous lunatics are evil and don't represent the religion at large, period, end of story.

Which was the major point of my initial post, which begs the question if you agree with me, why argue?

In fact, the world would be much better off if we stop listening to the rantings of murderous fools for as long as we do.

And I think you are wrong.

"“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
-Sun Tzu.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ah, atheists defending Islam, even when there's been an attack motivated by Islamic extremism. I would say I'll never figure it out, but....
I believe Douglas Murray, a left leaning political centrist provides answers for why people defend these kind of issues. I would sum his analysis of the situation in the following video with the expression, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the motive is Islam, then it is clear, we need to get rid of people that follow Islam. When a person is motivated by Christianity, we should follow suit.

Remind me again how many armies Christ lead, how many child 'brides' he abused, and how often he told his followers to rape the widows of enemies....

Upvote 0

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't have to listen to murderous lunatics to understand murderous lunatics. Murderous lunatics are evil and don't represent the religion at large, period, end of story. I don't care to listen to their lunatic rage.

In fact, the world would be much better off if we stop listening to the rantings of murderous fools for as long as we do.

Upvote 0