Visit site
✟188,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was personally most excited about the Massachusetts election results. Both because Elizabeth Warren ousted Scott Brown, and because there's now a Kennedy in Congress again.

Elizabeth Warren is a confirmed liar and phoney.

Her election was a disappointment.

Jim

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Elizabeth Warren is a confirmed liar and phoney.

Her election was a disappointment.

Yeah, "faux-cohantas". Great that recipe she used "proving" she was native american, turned out to be a plagarism of an old coastal recipe requiring crab even though Warren claimed it was from the Indians in land-locked Oklahoma. And the fact that the Native Americans completly disowned her evidently didn't mean anything for "those that walk among us". Her practcing law without a license was interesting too. (Guess it means that no one needs pass the bar anymore. Well it saves money there.) She really "takes the cake".

And I guess the fact that Jessie Jackson who is in the hospital for bi-polar disorder (a mental disorder that causes severe problem not only for the poor person but for those around him--have a relative, so I know) was elected overwhelmingly says something about the voters.

Of course, this is what I have on Allen West so far:

West Files Lawsuit to Impound Voting Machines

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Care to elaborate?

not Jim (obviously) but Warren is not Native American (as she claimed). She plagerized that recipe she used to show she was Native American. Despite her "high cheekbones", the Native Americans disavowed her. (faux-cohontas) She also used her Harvard university address to practice law without a license.

She is a confirmed liar and phoney. (BTW that "you didn't build it" speech that Obama used, came from her.)

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,095,673.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a friend who told me she was part Cherokee from the day I met her. She was without health insurance, and I said to her, "What about the IHS?" (Indian Health Service). As long as you are 1/8 Native American, you can get free medical care there.

That would mean one great-grandparent...or two great-great grandparents.

She didn't think there were any tribal records...luckily, she got a job at Wal-Mart where she got insurance (and not a moment too soon since she was diagnosed with cancer at her first doctor's visit.)

But the moral of this story (other than letting uninsured people who live near tribal lands know there may be help there) is that my friend was the same as Ellizabeth Warren. Her family always told her about her Native American heritage, but she never said, "Show me the papers...."

Neither did Elizabeth Warren....

Of course, if she knew that Donald Trump might donate $5 mil to a charity of her choice one day, maybe she would have.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟188,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Care to elaborate?

In addition to her bogus claim throughout her education and career that she was a Native American, thereby benefiting from affirmative action, she also was an attorney representing the insurance company representing the asbestos contractors, which victims of asbestos had brought a lawsuit.

She claims that she helped the families of the victims but in fact was part of the law firm the fighting against them.

Her attacks on big business interest are hypocritical, being she represented big insurance corporations.

Also, she claims that she was the intellectual knowledge behind the Occupy Wall Street movement, that is, when it was going well in the beginning. When it started going sour as people resented having to pay for the cleanup the OWS caused, she distance herself from them.

She made and agreement with Scott Brown, not to go negative with campaign ads. But when the polls showed she was falling behind, she went negative and even the Democrats in the state abandoned support for her.

Finally, yesterday she held a press conference with Governor Deval Patrick.
When the media asked how she as Senator will work to stop the Fiscal Cliff crises, she reacted totally clueless about the issue and tried to have Governor Patrick answer the question. He responded to her with, you're the senator the question is for you. Instead of answering the question, she went on about how there are so few women in the senate.

All through her campaign, she never presented her ideas and policies. Every part of her campaign, was attacking Scott Brown and the big corporations.

In other words, her knowledge on the issues is all emotion, no substance.

We got screwed getting her as our Senator and I blame the women of Massachusetts for electing her, where she got the women's vote 6-1.

Jim

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟188,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have a friend who told me she was part Cherokee from the day I met her. She was without health insurance, and I said to her, "What about the IHS?" (Indian Health Service). As long as you are 1/8 Native American, you can get free medical care there.

That would mean one great-grandparent...or two great-great grandparents.

She didn't think there were any tribal records...luckily, she got a job at Wal-Mart where she got insurance (and not a moment too soon since she was diagnosed with cancer at her first doctor's visit.)

But the moral of this story (other than letting uninsured people who live near tribal lands know there may be help there) is that my friend was the same as Ellizabeth Warren. Her family always told her about her Native American heritage, but she never said, "Show me the papers...."

Neither did Elizabeth Warren....

Of course, if she knew that Donald Trump might donate $5 mil to a charity of her choice one day, maybe she would have.

Problem is, Elizabeth Warren had zero native American Blood in her.

In an interview, she told about the Native American stories her grandfather told her. When asked to share one of the stories, she couldn't.

Then, after the genealogy experts proved to her that she was not Native American, she continued to run an add where she stated her mother was Cherokee and Delaware.

Also, she attacks the tuition cost students are being burdened with, yet, between her and her husbands salaries and free perks from Harvard University, they make over a million dollars a year.

They live in a million dollar home in Cambridge.

I see her as a pathological liar, much like the Clinton's, but she's no where as smart as the Clinton's.

Jim

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I actually *have* family that are partially Blackfoot Native American (and depend on the Indian hospital about fifty miles from here) so I know what you mean. However with Warren, at first geneologists thought that maybe there was a chance of her being 1/32nd Native American by her claim until they checked further, found her claim totally false, and then even the Native Americans that Warren claimed she was, were angered by her false claim. Forget about the "high cheekbones" she claimed and the plagerized recipe. Still evidently there are folks that still believe her lies.

And love the distraction about lawyers sometimes using their Harvard address. It totally misses the point. She *has* no law license to begin with.

She's nothing but a fraud who "pulled one over" on the Massachusetts people. But hey, she's all yours Massachusetts. Glad I don't live there. I live in another state that is equally nutty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟445,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wish i was missing Casey.
Voted for him every time - except this time.

He flipping lies too.

I wanted to vomit when i heard his ads - over and over on the radio.

CASEY AD
Claim: "Tom Smith is the millionaire tea party founder who supports a radical budget that would cut Social Security benefits by nearly 40 percent and end Medicare in 2 years, even for current recipients. Why? To give big tax breaks to millionaires like himself."
Context: Smith is a self-made millionaire after starting his own coal mining businesses in the late 1980s and selling them in 2010. He says he started the Armstrong Indiana Patriots tea party group in 2009 in his home of Armstrong County. Casey is linking Smith to a budget proposed by tea-party favorite Kentucky U.S. Sen. Rand Paul that Casey says Smith has complimented as a "good plan." During the candidates' Oct. 26 debate, Smith did not say whether he would have voted for or against Paul's budget proposal, versions of which failed twice in the Senate. The ad cites an analysis of Paul's budget by Senate Democratic Budget Committee staff. Smith has not linked Paul's budget proposal to his own tax proposals, or his own proposals for Medicare and Social Security. Smith says his plans for Social Security and Medicare would maintain the benefits, while allowing for private sector options. Smith's tax plan would favor wealthier tax payers both by prescribing a revenue-neutral "flat" tax rate for all taxpayers and by eliminating the capital gains tax.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wish i was missing Casey.

I voted for Casey again, he won again. Still one of my favorite politicians. :)

CASEY AD
Claim: "Tom Smith is the millionaire tea party founder who supports a radical budget that would cut Social Security benefits by nearly 40 percent and end Medicare in 2 years, even for current recipients. Why? To give big tax breaks to millionaires like himself."
Context: Smith is a self-made millionaire after starting his own coal mining businesses in the late 1980s and selling them in 2010. He says he started the Armstrong Indiana Patriots tea party group in 2009 in his home of Armstrong County. Casey is linking Smith to a budget proposed by tea-party favorite Kentucky U.S. Sen. Rand Paul that Casey says Smith has complimented as a "good plan." During the candidates' Oct. 26 debate, Smith did not say whether he would have voted for or against Paul's budget proposal, versions of which failed twice in the Senate. The ad cites an analysis of Paul's budget by Senate Democratic Budget Committee staff. Smith has not linked Paul's budget proposal to his own tax proposals, or his own proposals for Medicare and Social Security. Smith says his plans for Social Security and Medicare would maintain the benefits, while allowing for private sector options. Smith's tax plan would favor wealthier tax payers both by prescribing a revenue-neutral "flat" tax rate for all taxpayers and by eliminating the capital gains tax.
I don't get where the context you provided contradicts the claim in a very substantive way. Sounds like the ad was a mostly accurate, if abbreviated, summation of Smith's beliefs. As political ads go, a pretty good one. All Casey really had to do was make Pennsylvania voters aware how extreme Smith was for the voters to reject him. I don't know how you could pick up on the Casey ads among the huge flood of anti-Casey ads Karl Rove's American Crossroads group flooded the state with, though- I think on average I'd see 10 anti-Casey ads every time I watched a football game, and I'm not sure I saw a single ad in favor of Casey the entire election cycle. Pennsylvania voters are too smart to buy into Karl Rove's nonsense no matter how much he spends, though.

Hopefully we can do the same thing that pro-Casey ad did (Point out the extremism of his opponent) in a couple years and get that jerk Corbett out of the statehouse. How he got elected the first time when he, right in the middle of a campaign, said that he thought everyone who didn't work was lazy, in the middle of a recession, is beyond me. I really, really dislike Corbett. And he hasn't been much better in office- we have him to thank for the voter ID law designed to suppress Democratic voters (Which fortunately the courts delayed).

I had a very frosty exchange with some poll workers when they asked for my ID anyway. They had to let me vote without it because the courts said they had to, but they didn't sound pleased about it. I had a driver's license in my back pocket the whole time- totally a political stand on my part refusing to provide it. :)

Can't wait to help vote Corbett out of the statehouse. And rumor has it the man to do it might be Bob Casey himself (Though personally I'd prefer he stay in the Senate- I think we need him there).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,095,673.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Daily Kos: Allen West refuses to concede, ready to sue

I guess tea-partiers are more than willing to waste taxpayer money in order to keep their quarter-million dollar jobs...

Well, it took Al Franken several months to get confirmed in the Senate, and it may take Murphy several months, too.

I think he should pay for the recount with his Congressional pension.

Upvote 0