Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently, having watched several Catholic bishops make internet fodder of themselves due to ill-chosen words or phrases, I (having learned a great deal about foot-in-mouth disease through similar self-ambush over the years) presumed to offer them some sound advice, along with a friendly adjuration to “Do better, hierarchs!”

I reminded the bishops that anticipating how an insta-reactionary world might receive what they said, or how they said it, could go a long way toward reducing the need for later clarification.

It was useful advice — admittedly easier to follow with a pen than in those dicey moments when there is a microphone in one’s face.

It’s advice even easier to take when you’re leisurely writing a song lyric and planning out the video that accompanies it.

Which leads me to Jason Aldean, about whom — not being a fan of his musical genre — I know only one of two things: He is either a sentimental and well-meaning yokel who is terrible at anticipating the effects his words and images might have on people, or he’s a cynical provocateur of the “any publicity is good publicity” school who intended to garner the exact notice he’s received from his song, “Try that in a Small Town,” and its accompanying video.

Lyrics​

Continued Below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or maybe he's just a guy who's sick and tired of all the criminal, perverted, insane nonsense going on in this culture, and decided to write a song protesting such activity. Maybe he, like a good many Americans who don't live in Democrat-run urban hellholes, feels that right is right and wrong is wrong, and if anybody decides to introduce wrong into his community, he'll fight for what's right.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The protesters were raising awareness of RevCom (Revolutionary Communist Party), which believes in creating a Marxist revolution in America, calling the USA "the belly of the beast." The RevCom activists burned American flags before police "declared an unlawful assembly and said their activism ‘alarmed and disturbed others,'" according to News2Share, who captured the videos.

"The Revolutionary Communist Party… has taken on the responsibility to lead a revolution in the U.S., the belly of the imperialist beast, as its principal share of the world revolution and the ultimate aim of communism," RevCom's website said.

Communism is the cancer of society and has no place in the United States!

• Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0