Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
just read this article

Short life of bullied teen girl | Metro News

this is why I often have reservations regarding adoption, I often wonder if the parents are able to love those adopted children as their own.

coming from someone who gave my parents hell for a long time, my question to adoptive parents are, when things are going well, you are able love your adopted children, but what if things are not going well, are you able to be there for them?

don't get wrong, I do think we live in a imperfect world, where there are many children who needs an home, but still.....

anyway, this couple is a Christian, i wonder if they ever pray to God and ask for His will before the adoption, and did they bother to ask God to help them to love Rosi unconditionally, in good time and in bad time......

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I didn't read anything into this that said adoption was the problem. These type of situations happen with biological children as well.

no, it is how the parents reacted in this situation that is the problem

now, I am not Mr or Mrs Boxwell, I don't pretend to know what went through their mind when their adopted daughter started to rebel.

But I do know many adopted parents, when their adopted kids start to act up, all of the sudden, their are running out of fuels or their ability to continue to love their adopted children, this come through in cold and heartless boundary settings, where the focus in on oneself, not on their children.

if what I suspect is true, then those two have no business in adopting in the first place, maybe they wanted a little girl really badly?

Upvote 0
K

Kingsdotter

It seems like this situation would have been different if she was Mr and Mrs Boxwell's biological daughter. After reading this story, I didn't feel like they really cared much about their adopted daughter.
But why were they allowed to adopt her in the first place, when they already had four children of their own? I blame the Brazilian authorities for allowing her to be adopted by this couple. RIP Miss Boxwell

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Our son has two adopted children. We have two virtual non biological granddaughters. All are deeply loved.

John
NZ

when you say deeply loved, do you mean you love them with the same intensity you have for your own biological children? same applies to your son.

deeply loved is an adequate expression to describe relationships between friends, or siblings etc.

but unless it means unconditional love, it does not cut butter when it comes to children or grandchildren

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
when you say deeply loved, do you mean you love them with the same intensity you have for your own biological children? same applies to your son.

deeply loved is an adequate expression to describe relationships between friends, or siblings etc.

but unless it means unconditional love, it does not cut butter when it comes to children or grandchildren

Just as deeply.

John
NZ

Upvote 0