Fateful Lunch Delivery Leads to Dog Adoption at Virginia Shelter: ‘Love at First Sight’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Alan Moncayo arrives to deliver someone’s lunch, the only thing he might expect to walk away with could be a tip, but when he brought an office lunch out to a Virginia animal shelter, he got so much more than gratuity.

Moncayo arrived with a GrubHub delivery outside the Lorton campus of the Fairfax County Animal Hospital on February 10th.

Walking to the door, he saw a dog staring at him through the window.

“It was love at first sight,” Moncayo, 51, tells PEOPLE Magazine. “He looked at me, and I looked back at him.”

“My daughter’s been asking me for a puppy for the longest time. She wanted a dog so bad.”

As it happened to be a Saturday, Moncayo had his 5-year-old daughter in the car with him, and while the black and white pit bull mix in the window wasn’t exactly a puppy at 65 pounds, he couldn’t shake the feeling that this pooch was special.

He asked if the two of them could meet the dog, named Jihoo, and were allowed to take him out of the kennel to play fetch. Jihoo had been at Lorton for 240 days, ten times as long as the average stay for a dog.

Continued below.