Adiaphora Alehouse (10)

doulos_tou_kuriou

Located at the intersection of Forde and Giertz
Apr 26, 2006
MinneSO-TA. That's how they say it here, right?
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So, honestly, after 9,000 posts I never felt like I could adequately catch up and so simply ignored the AA1-9 threads. But since we are starting another one, perhaps someone could catch me up in 10,000 words or less :D

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, honestly, after 9,000 posts I never felt like I could adequately catch up and so simply ignored the AA1-9 threads. But since we are starting another one, perhaps someone could catch me up in 10,000 words or less :D

After much discussion, we've decided to vote you off the island.

JK

As far as I can tell its just a talk about anything and everything thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doulos_tou_kuriou

Apr 26, 2006
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
A woman insisted on buying my groceries today. She said I looked like I had a long day (which I had) and that all God's people need care. She wouldn't let me say no. It was really quite humbling to have a stranger do that. God is good.

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A woman insisted on buying my groceries today. She said I looked like I had a long day (which I had) and that all God's people need care. She wouldn't let me say no. It was really quite humbling to have a stranger do that. God is good.

Wow that is amazing! Pay it forward!

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Once when my daughter was working at a store, at the checkout while in college, a lady asked her how her day was going. She said "not so great, someone backed into my car." The lady said - well here's $300 towards getting it fixed....and she walked out of the store without saying who she was or anything. It was like a miracle or something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doulos_tou_kuriou

Apr 26, 2006
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I had a complete stranger pay for medication for my daughter, once. It came to about $45.00. I truly was a miracle as I only had money for about half of it, and was going to have to come back for the other half in a few weeks.

that's quite the miracle indeed.

Upvote 0

Bryne

Simul Justus et Peccator
Mar 30, 2011
Utah
✟16,817.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
As much as these experiences have been very moving to me, the time when I was most moved was a time when God used me to answer someone else's prayer. It wasn't even a big important prayer, it was a prayer for a little thing. I had no clue that he was praying for this thing but I happened to have this thing and I just felt that I should send it to him. I am not in the habit of just mailing my possessions to people unsolicited, but for some reason, I just wanted to.

It was later that I found out that that he had been praying for this item. He had no extra money to buy it and really wanted it. So he prayed for it, and then it just showed up in his mail box...and God used me to make it happen...how cool is that. It was such a privilege.

I often wonder how often God uses us like this, and we never find out about it. Just to even be allowed to see how God uses us is a privilege.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Once when my daughter was working at a store, at the checkout while in college, a lady asked her how her day was going. She said "not so great, someone backed into my car." The lady said - well here's $300 towards getting it fixed....and she walked out of the store without saying who she was or anything. It was like a miracle or something.

I heard a Joel Osteen sermon once, where he talked about being "somebody else's miracle". Basically he was saying that if you give a stranger your cell phone and tell them they can call anywhere in the world and talk for as long as they need to, you've been their miracle. If you hand a stranger an umbrella when it's raining, you've been that person's miracle. This person could've been a fan of his.

Upvote 0