South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi so who was Adam what did he look like was he jest one man I don't think so we have two men in the image of God in scripture Israel and Christ of Israel he says.

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

We know this also applies to Christ so what dose Israel look like we have moses the head we have Aaron the high priest and the tribe of Levi the priest hood then we have the children of God the 11 tribes so this is how the man in Gods image looks like.
So what will Christ look like at his second coming we will have God the Father the head of all things we will have Jesus Christ the high priest and creater of all things we will have the bride of Christ the church all those chosen from the foundation of the world the elect then we will have all The children of God the great multitude that Christ will present to God the Father.
So the question is is the first and last Adam created in the same way.

Love and Peace
Dave

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi so who was Adam what did he look like was he jest one man I don't think so we have two men in the image of God in scripture Israel and Christ of Israel he says.
If you read the genealogies in the Bible you will see that Adam in the Bible was one man with a wife and children. We can trace the generations all the way from Adam and Eve to Mary and Jesus.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • If you read the genealogies in the Bible you will see that Adam in the Bible was one man with a wife and children. We can trace the generations all the way from Adam and Eve to Mary and Jesus.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply the question is is one man in the image of God Am I in Gods image I don't think so God said in our image which can only mean more than one for myself I believe we should understand the word man as mankind as a whole its the only way we can see Jesus Christ at his second coming when he stands before the throne of God with a great multitude of believers this is Man ( mankind in the image of God)

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

This is man in the image of God Jesus Christ the head the multitude of believers his body

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi thought we can take a look at the creation of Eve

Gen 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Gen 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

This is very reminiscent of what happened to Christ on the cross same story Christs Eve was created from the water and the blood that came from his side Adams Eve was created from the rib taken from his side Christs Eve was not one woman but all those chosen from the foundation of the world so was the first Adams Eve also a group of people chosen by God.
So from the first Adam and Eve a whole host of people were created as was with the last Adam but they were contaminated by the angels not what God had planned so he destroyed that creation in the flood and began a new creation with Noah the first man in his image was the man of flesh which must come first Israel which was rejected then God created the spiritual man Jesus Christ which will be completed at his second comming.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
was the first Adams Eve also a group of people chosen by God.
Science and the Bible talk about a Matriarch and Patriarch. God’s promise to Abraham notably includes the multiplication of his descendants, likening them to the innumerable grains of sand on the seashore.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read the genealogies in the Bible you will see that Adam in the Bible was one man with a wife and children. We can trace the generations all the way from Adam and Eve to Mary and Jesus.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply it stands to reason that the first and last Adam would be created in the same way they both began as one man but they grew and increased and we know Christ grew and became a whole multitude that he presented to God the Father And there's nothing to say that the first Adam would be created in the same way the only problem was the angels that came down and bred with the woman and produced giants not what God had planned so he destroyed the first Adam in the flood.
Was the flood a flood of the water of the word of God jest a thought.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply it stands to reason that the first and last Adam would be created in the same way they both began as one man but they grew and increased and we know Christ grew and became a whole multitude that he presented to God the Father And there's nothing to say that the first Adam would be created in the same way the only problem was the angels that came down and bred with the woman and produced giants not what God had planned so he destroyed the first Adam in the flood.
Was the flood a flood of the water of the word of God jest a thought.

Love and Peace
Dave
Hi lets take a look at the tree of knowledge

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

I take the tree of life to be Christ the tree of knowledge satan the question is why did God allow Satan into the garden he answers that question himself

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

So to be like God we must have the knowledge of good and evil but we must choose the good which is to Love our tree of knowledge is Israel the knowledge is the law the only way to comply with the law is to love God and love your neighbor God is love.

Love and peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I take the tree of life to be Christ the tree of knowledge satan the question is why did God allow Satan into the garden he answers that question himself
  • Revelation 22:1-2 (Tree of Life Version):
    • The apostle John describes a vision where an angel shows him a river of the water of life—clear as crystal—flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb. Alongside this river stands the Tree of Life.
    • Here are its remarkable features:
Looks like we will be eating the fruit of the tree of life in Heaven.

Hebrews 12 2 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Revelation 22:1-2 (Tree of Life Version):
    • The apostle John describes a vision where an angel shows him a river of the water of life—clear as crystal—flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb. Alongside this river stands the Tree of Life.
    • Here are its remarkable features:
Looks like we will be eating the fruit of the tree of life in Heaven.

Hebrews 12 2 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but don't you think these things are symbolic the river of the water of life is the water of the word of God the tree of life is our Lord Jesus Christ the twelve kinds of fruit the twelve apostles producing fruit ( believers ) every month through the water of Gods word the leaves all the churches offering Gods love the only way to cure the world of its evil ways

Love and peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but don't you think these things are symbolic the river of the water of life is the water of the word of God the tree of life is our Lord Jesus Christ the twelve kinds of fruit the twelve apostles producing fruit ( believers ) every month through the water of Gods word the leaves all the churches offering Gods love the only way to cure the world of its evil ways

Love and peace
Dave
Yes water living water has to flow from us to others. WE use to say God will give to us what He can get through us to others. If there is no outlet than water becomes stagnate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but if we read Genesis we will see Gods purpose was to create man ( mankind ) in his image and we know this will be accomplished in Christ at his second coming he is the last Adam the first Adam was created before the flood so it stands to reason the first and the last Adam would be created in the same way which would mean the first Adam when the flood came would be Adam his Eve a group of people chosen by God and a whole multitude of people the first and last Adam are created in the same way except the first Adam was spoiled by the angels.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Most people believe that Adam in Chapter two was one man and that Adam in chapter one was mankind. Although everyone has a shared common ancestor. So both the Adam in chapter one and the Adam in chapter two are patriarchs.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When is His "second coming". Some people believe the 1,000 year reign of Christ is symbolic.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but I think you'll find that Christ's millennial reign is a fact it's the 7th day of this creation which began with Noah each day is a thousand years.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Love and peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
which began with Noah each day is a thousand years.
It was Adam that lived 6,000 years ago. I studied the generations in the Bible and I have Bishop Usshers book here that talks about that.

What began with Noah is people no longer lived to be 1,000. God limited their life to 120 years.
We pay in our old age for sowing our oats when we are young.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was Adam that lived 6,000 years ago. I studied the generations in the Bible and I have Bishop Usshers book here that talks about that.

What began with Noah is people no longer lived to be 1,000. God limited their life to 120 years.
We pay in our old age for sowing our oats when we are young.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but I think the flood was jest over 6000 years ago and Adam died in the flood that was the reason God sent the flood to remove his contaminated creation the first Adam then God began a new creation with Noah the first creation was the man of flesh which must come first which is Israel this is man in Gods image.

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt

So the whole nation of Israel is man in the image of God Israel is the son of God and as such would be the image of his Father.
The first Adam would have been created in exactly the same way.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
od sent the flood to remove his contaminated creation the first Adam
I believe that the Persian Gulf was created during Noah's flood so Eden is all under water now. But Noah saved the plants and animals of Eden on the Ark Otherwise man would have perished without food to eat. That is why there were 7 clean animals and only 1 unclean animal.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the Persian Gulf was created during Noah's flood so Eden is all under water now. But Noah saved the plants and animals of Eden on the Ark Otherwise man would have perished without food to eat. That is why there were 7 clean animals and only 1 unclean animal.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply as for the Persian Gulf there is nothing in scripture to support this.
What we do know is God destroyed Adam and Eden in the flood and began a new creation with Noah and everything on the ark the creation account in Genesis tells everything God would do to create man in his image which is Jesus Christ at his second comming.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This is said of no other person in all of scripture so Christ is the image of God and as such the end of creation creation is on going as attested by our Lord.

Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

This can only mean Gods Sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into I take this to mean Christ's millennium this is the Farthers sabbath rest.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your post can't argue with it the first Adam was one man then so was the last Adam Jesus Christ but in the end he presented himself before God the Father with a great multitude of believers all I am saying is the first and last Adam would be created in the same way the first Adam would be the head of a multitude the same as the last Adam.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
the first and last Adam would be created in the same way
Actually they were. He was fully human and had to empty Himself.
Philippians 2:5-8:
“Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
We have the genealogy all the way from Adam and Eve to Jesus. Those are all real people. From Adam to David to Jesus. The weird thing is all the riff raff that was in there. Even looking at all the children David had but he made Solomon the King after him. Even Solomon was from the union of David and Bathsheba.

Upvote 0