Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Source

Proposed Bill

"Seeing that it is better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God's just wrath against us for the folly of tolerating-wickedness in our midst, the People of California wisely command, in the fear of God, that any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method."

No extreme is too extreme anymore.

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
At first I was worried he'd already gotten the 365,000 signatures needed. He hasn't. Way to throw away $200 dollars and have your name forever tarnished I suppose. Mr. McLaughlin is apparently a lawyer as well. Lovely. At least he was smart enough to use a rental mailbox as his listed address. I don't see this going well for him.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At first I was worried he'd already gotten the 365,000 signatures needed. He hasn't. Way to throw away $200 dollars and have your name forever tarnished I suppose. Mr. McLaughlin is apparently a lawyer as well. Lovely. At least he was smart enough to use a rental mailbox as his listed address. I don't see this going well for him.

What I'm wondering is how many Signatures they will get.

Upvote 0

WirSindBettler

Hoc Est Verum
Feb 7, 2015
USA
✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently he glossed over Ephesians 4:32 and Romans 3:10.

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."

"None is righteous, no, not one."

That's not to endorse homosexuality, which as a Biblical Christian I still condemn as sinful, but rather to say that this guy misses the point. He's preaching the Law without the redemption of the Gospel.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."

That's not to endorse homosexuality, which as a Biblical Christian I still condemn as sinful, but rather to say that this guy misses the point. He's preaching the Law without the redemption of the Gospel.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm tempted to say that perhaps it is time for legislation to execute all Christians.

A very passing temptation for many reasons, not the least of which is that jerks like this are not the norm.

That said I do think it is time for Christians to think how they would feel if someone, even a nutjob proposed such legislation aimed at them and after a bit of contemplation act accordingly.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Should I demand an apology and refutation from all Christians for the actions of this extremist?

Perhaps you should advocate for the restriction of religious freedom for Christians, under the reasoning that Christianity is a political ideology with a holy text that commands violence (Lev 20:13)

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well that and I guess he's taking Leviticus 20 as described in full.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We'll see how serious this man is. He paid $200 to file for this. How real this is for him will be demonstrated by how much time he devotes to getting signatures.

Very well could be a gay rights activist trying to make a point. May well never hear a peep from them again, if they are even a real person (as in false identity).

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Very well could be a gay rights activist trying to make a point. May well never hear a peep from them again, if they are even a real person (as in false identity).

According to the OP source, he has the same name as someone who tried to have the Bible taught in school.

However, this is not the first person who identifies as Christian to put forth this message.

Upvote 0