Abortion OK for a raped girl of 11? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What does Scripture have to do with technical terms?
Because they were created by people, the scripture makes no distinction in either the hebrew or greek.
so they are not divided into 2 seperate entities, as many try to allude, except of course, by people, not God.

Upvote 0

Guid

Apr 7, 2006
Canada
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is also well known from earlier non-Canon writings that early Christians were decidely opposed to abortion.

Moderns, in their arrogance and pride, make word distinctions then apply demonic "morality" according to those distinctions. Convoluted nonsenses of sickly twisted hearts .. these things God hates.

God, on the other hand simply said: "Do no kill". We know, basically, what he meant there: we are not to kill each other. Jesus, as He ushered in the New Convenant reminded us that even if we are angry with our neighbour we are committing murder in our hearts. God is strong but wants us to be gentle and compassionate.

And in the case of the girl and the baby, He would have wanted the villagers to be compassionate to both the girl and to the baby.

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is also well known from earlier non-Canon writings that early Christians were decidely opposed to abortion.

Moderns, in their arrogance and pride, make word distinctions then apply demonic "morality" according to those distinctions. Convoluted nonsenses of sickly twisted hearts .. these things God hates.

God, on the other hand simply said: "Do no kill". We know, basically, what he meant there: we are not to kill each other. Jesus, as He ushered in the New Convenant reminded us that even if we are angry with our neighbour we are committing murder in our hearts. God is strong but wants us to be gentle and compassionate.

And in the case of the girl and the baby, He would have wanted the villagers to be compassionate to both the girl and to the baby.
Its called "post-modernism" and is distinctly anti-Christian in its moral concepts.

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its called "post-modernism" and is distinctly anti-Christian in its moral concepts.

I am begining to think its a part of the falling away from the truth as well, especially with all of the other doctrines being diminished, and tosed to the wind.

BTW cool hat

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,118.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
This 11 year old child did not deserve to be raped by her step-father. To have forced her to carry to term would not only have been very dangerous physically but an appalling travesty of justice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This 11 year old child did not deserve to be raped by her step-father. To have forced her to carry to term would not only have been very dangerous physically but an appalling travesty of justice.
You are concatenating the issues.

1. The girl was raped.
2. The girl was "forced" to have an abortion.

She was violated twice, and this mentality of her being violated by being "forced" to keep the child shows a sincere lack of trust in the divine jurisprudence of God. God is the protector of fairness and justice, not us.

Upvote 0

die2live

Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
✟10,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are sperm, egg and baby "sparate beings"? If so, where are they identified as such in the Bible?

Actually, they are differentiated. You can find many verses in the Bible referring to God knowing us and forming us from the womb. I am not aware of any verses saying that about sperm.

Add to that the scientific differentiation of sperm/egg and fetus. Neither a sperm nor an egg has a complete genetic blueprint (DNA) detailing all physiological features that the human being will have. Fetuses do. Sperms and eggs do not have heartbeats or brainwaves. Fetuses do. Sperms and eggs do not have neurological functions, fetuses do. The list goes on.

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
Hmmm. Interesting. 3 men - against abortion, even if it was their daughter who had been raped and abused.

Three women, two for the abortion, one undecided.

Maybe us women know a bit more about the whole thing of childbirth, rape etc. than men do??

I think that to impregnate your 11 year old stepdaughter is beyond gross and contemptible and sick.

However, I know that a child who can be impregnated can also have the child without problem(some girls matue earlier than others), I know because I wanted to as well. I also know of young girls who have been aborted and they are unable to have children as adults.

It is a very difficult situation to call.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.