A White Male Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amber the Duskbringer

This thread is waaay off topic by now, it was about scholarships for white males and the countless reasons why such a thing is absurd.

It's not absurd. If I have money and choose to give it to people that's my choice. Personally I am fine with using FAFSA and working but hell some people need more.

I think it really is just to make a point but that's there right to make that point. And for you to say earlier that white people have a easier ride is fallacy. I didn't. I still truck on. As should you.

Upvote 0

Chanya

Dec 19, 2008
✟622.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's not absurd. If I have money and choose to give it to people that's my choice. Personally I am fine with using FAFSA and working but hell some people need more.

I think it really is just to make a point but that's there right to make that point. And for you to say earlier that white people have a easier ride is fallacy. I didn't. I still truck on. As should you.

In general they do. You don't get judged every time you go to a job interview. Maybe you personally, but I'm talking in general terms. Then again, I don't really want to generalize too much.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2008
Trondheim
✟9,941.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Again, I'm sorry if I appear rude but your arguments really confuse me. You argued against white nationalism earlier, defended the black dicator Mugabe, and now you're saying you support European nationalist groups???
European nationalist groups, not in the context of pan-white pride and white nationalism. I apologize, I should have used better terminology. I meant groups that I had previous mentioned, such as Ukrainian and Chechen nationalists.

I don't see how 9/11 and 7/7 can be described as anything but acts of terrorism, but just to be clear - do native white people have the right to expel the, violently if needs be? Speaking of which, what do you think of the BNP?
Yes, they have a right to expel invaders from their lands. I'm quite fond of Vlad Tepes for his efforts against the ottomans.
9/11 and 7/7 are as equally devastating as attacks on any nation and in my opinion, are warfare, only on a much smaller scale. I suppose it would be justified if an entire city was leveled instead by people who wore uniforms and had a flag?
The BNP are a group of demagogues.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Frankly yes, because if people are going to discriminate based on race (yet claim that they're not, because race doesn't exist) we're going to have to prove race does exist. That there IS something to discriminate against.
"Race" exists as a relatively arbitrary classification made by certain individuals. It's easy for people to create categories and then discriminate based on them. It happens all the time.

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

In general they do. You don't get judged every time you go to a job interview. Maybe you personally, but I'm talking in general terms. Then again, I don't really want to generalize too much.

In general terms, ok there is something we can agree on. Yes I agree with you. I wont even pull the my black friend card. Still we were best friends, cops would stop him while walking, it was ridiculous. We smoked pot, I could be reaking and you know what, they would tell me to go home and stop being so gay. Him he got the full pat down. Oh best part? We went in for the same interview seperately. I got the job, the guy said he was filling up 20 positions and there were 18 left. We were the first to be reviewed. My friend was next, "Oh sorry we are full up" I got him back tho, I left out all the subway food and let it rot and closed up shop being the only person there. :3 Yeah I am a turd for that but that was my best friend...

So if people say racism doesn't exist, I say rubbish. Now it is to the point where I pass pretty much completely, so I don't get the "oh is that there a gayfer" as much.

:/ life is what life is amirite?

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't get judged every time you go to a job interview.

I do. I've lost several legal jobs to women and minorities from far lower-tier law schools, with less experience and lower GPAs. Many of my white male lawyer friends have experienced the same thing.

Hiring white guys is politically incorrect now, if you have a remotely qualified female or minority candidate.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
MountainCappuccino said:
European nationalist groups, not in the context of pan-white pride and white nationalism. I apologize, I should have used better terminology.
Again, considering white people are the natives of Europe we'd be hard-pressed to find a European nationalist group which isn't somehow linked to white nationalism. The British (and Scottish) National Party, The German National Party and Nordic National Party all have racial overtones.

MountainCappuccino said:
Yes, they have a right to expel invaders from their lands. I'm quite fond of Vlad Tepes for his efforts against the ottomans.
The internet has destroyed by ability to detect sarcasm ... was that sarcasm? :sorry:

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2008
Trondheim
✟9,941.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Again, considering white people are the natives of Europe we'd be hard-pressed to find a European nationalist group which isn't somehow linked to white nationalism. The British (and Scottish) National Party, The German National Party and Nordic National Party all have racial overtones.
Yes, there has been a recent backlash to nonwhite migration into various countries in Europe. I favor groups that are more "Right to self rule" than pure immigration policy. That is to say, nationalist self governing movements instead of xenophobic demagoguery.

The internet has destroyed by ability to detect sarcasm ... was that sarcasm? :sorry:
lol
No, I was being serious.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
MountainCappuccino said:
Yes, there has been a recent backlash to nonwhite migration into various countries in Europe. I favor groups that are more "Right to self rule" than pure immigration policy. That is to say, nationalist self governing movements instead of xenophobic demagoguery.
I find it hard to see the difference, especially considering you've defended people such as Robert Mugabe and Vlad the Impaler (maybe?)

MountainCappuccino said:
I'm quite fond of Vlad Tepes for his efforts against the ottomans.

No, I was being serious.
No really, were you being sarcastic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 22, 2008
Trondheim
✟9,941.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I find it hard to see the difference, especially considering you've defended people such as Robert Mugabe and Vlad the Impaler (maybe?)
Both people who fought for the independence of their nation. There is a difference.

No really, were you being sarcastic?
Not at all.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmm ...

I guess I'm judging you a bit quickly MountainCappuccino, since this is the first time we've met (Hello BTW :wave:) but I find your arguments really distainful. You've argued against racism, oddly, by claiming race does not exist and by focusing on the crimes commited by caucasians, as though racism from white people is worse than racism from non-white people.

Yet bizarrely you defend nationalism and - even worse - you've defended monstrous people such as Mugabe and Vlad the Impaler (but not Adolf Hitler, strangely) because they were "defending" their homeland. These were twisted and evil people who sadistically attacked and killed those they didn't consider '"one of them". They are the very embodiment of xenophobia.
Remember the user I mentioned earlier, Research6? The fellow who considered Christianity a white religion and said Adolf Hitler didn't believe in a master race? Sadly I think he'd agree with your ideas on nationalism.

Sorry about this buddy, but it's as though we've becomed so concerned with being "not racist" we've circled all the way back around to "racist" again ... :sorry:

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2008
Trondheim
✟9,941.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Hmm ...

I guess I'm judging you a bit quickly MountainCappuccino, since this is the first time we've met (Hello BTW :wave:) but I find your arguments really distainful. You've argued against racism, oddly, by claiming race does not exist and by focusing on the crimes commited by caucasians, as though racism from white people is worse than racism from non-white people.
Hi there.
You're characterizing me as being biased against crimes committed by Caucasians when I clearly am not.

Yet bizarrely you defend nationalism and - even worse - you've defended monstrous people such as Mugabe and Vlad the Impaler (but not Adolf Hitler, strangely) because they were "defending" their homeland. These were twisted and evil people who sadistically attacked and killed those they didn't consider '"one of them". They are the very embodiment of xenophobia.
One can defend nationalism and be anti-racist. Mugabe expelled his oppressors, Vlad fought against an empire that sought to conquer Wallachia and Hungary. They certainly were not angels nor saints, but securing your country's sovereignty is rarely peaceful.
They're not even remotely comparable to Adolf Hitler, who wanted to conquer other nations and exterminate their inhabitants.

Remember the user I mentioned earlier, Research6? The fellow who considered Christianity a white religion and said Adolf Hitler didn't believe in a master race? Sadly I think he'd agree with your ideas on nationalism.
lol
Most of the planet agrees with my ideas on nationalism.

Sorry about this buddy, but it's as though we've becomed so concerned with being "not racist" we've circled all the way back around to "racist" again ... :sorry:
It's all good. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
MountainCappuccino said:
Hi there.
You're characterizing me as being biased against crimes committed by Caucasians when I clearly am not.
Unfortunately that wasn't the impression I got. When I pointed out whites were victimized in Zimbabwe you defended Mugabe, as though attack people simply because they happen to be white is OK.

MountainCappuccino said:
Mugabe expelled his oppressors, Vlad fought against an empire that sought to conquer Wallachia and Hungary. They certainly were not angels nor saints, but securing your country's sovereignty is rarely peaceful.
They're not even remotely comparable to Adolf Hitler, who wanted to conquer other nations and exterminate their inhabitants.
This is what I have the problem with. All three men were "defending" their countries, which had suffered terribly, all of them expelled and killed people who they did not consider one of them, and all of them are sadists. In particular, Vlad the Impaler killed his victims in a deliberately slow and painful manner - during an age where torture and displaying your victim as a trophy was the norm, he was considered a monster.

We can hardly say such acts of genocide were merely defensive. They were acts of evil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's absolutely tragic and equally depressing that the human race (yes, the human race, there's just one) is preoccupied with skin color. So infinitely primitive and positively retarded. Even as a kid I couldn't possibly fathom how grown-up people can be so primitive and stupid.

Not sure about much of this thread, but I agree with this.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2008
Trondheim
✟9,941.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately that wasn't the impression I got. When I pointed out whites were victimized in Zimbabwe you defended Mugabe, as though attack people simply because they happen to be white is OK.
They were victimized because they were victimizers. Big difference than they just happened to be white people lallygagging about Africa.

This is what I have the problem with. All three men were "defending" their countries, which had suffered terribly, all of them expelled and killed people who they did not consider one of them, and all of them are sadists. In particular, Vlad the Impaler killed his victims in a deliberately slow and painful manner - during an age where torture and displaying your victim as a trophy was the norm, he was considered a monster.

We can hardly say such acts of genocide were merely defensive. They were acts of evil.
You are free to believe an indigenous population fighting back against encroaching empires or engaging in revolutionary activity against a former oppressor is the same as the actions of Adolf Hitler (ooo scary!).

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
If they want to have this scholarship, so be it. However, it seems redundant.

Minority scholarships are most often awarded by alumini groups, or private investors who feel that a particular minority is underrepresented at their particular institution because of financial limitations, and is meant as an opportunity or encouragement for those who qualify.

The vast majority of scholarships are based on academic achievement or academic performance, or athletic peformance. Next most are based on financial need, then student-specific (what we're talking about), then career specific. These actually tend to be awarded in a way that represents the community of the institution. However, traditionally certain minorities are not well represented in these institutions because of financial limitations, hence scholarships.

It can indeed be seen as racist when someone awards a whites-only scholarship. Whites tend to be overrepresented in most institutions, in contrast to most minorities, so this scholarship would probably not be seen as pro-white as much as anti-non-white. It can be seen as a way of pusing more non-whites out of the institution.

In the end, if I was awarded this scholarship, I wouldn't want anyone on campus to know it.

That being said, I will remind everyone here that everyone hates. Everyone. If you claim that you are that single person who doesn't, I will claim that you're lying or deluded. Everyone hates.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
MountainCappuccino said:
They were victimized because they were victimizers. Big difference than they just happened to be white people lallygagging about Africa.
The fact that they happen to be white means nothing. Imagine the outrage if I said Muslims deserved to be beaten and thrown out of their homes because they were lallygagging about Britain.

MountainCappuccino said:
You are free to believe an indigenous population fighting back against encroaching empires or engaging in revolutionary activity against a former oppressor is the same as the actions of Adolf Hitler (ooo scary!).
Considering that a) caucasian are the indigenous people of Germany and b) "fighting back" shouldn't include judging people by their colour / sticking them on a spike / putting them into concentration camps, I'd say people like Mugabe and Vlad the Impaler were exactly the same as Hitler. There really isn't much difference between the three.

Something else I should have pointed out earlier - conisdering all three men are almost as vicious to their own people as they are to foreigners, I'd hardly call them defenders of their nations. Mugabe enslaves other black people for the 'blood diamond' trade, Vlad tortured the people of Wallachia just as much as he tortured invaders, Hitler subjected Germans to eugenics and the secret police.

If they were revolutionaries their countries needed, their countries got screwed. :p

Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's also the fact that while black people tend to trace a culture back to their actual country, white people are just, well, white.

How are black people who are descended from ancestors brought here as slaves supposed to know what African country their ancestors came from?

I, on the other hand, can trace my ancestors back to the countries they emigrated from - Norway (my mother's side), Ireland, England (maternal grandmother - I have an ancestor who actually signed the Mayflower Compact), and Spain by way of Jamaica (paternal grandfather). My paternal grandfather's family were Sephardic Jews, therefore I have a Sephardic last name.

So much for being "just, well, white".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.