Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Prosperity preachers love to tell the stories of the wealth of King Solomon and King David but not giving enough emphasis how their wealth have massively corrupted them.
They get very upset if anyone holds them accountable for their corruption. Musk sold off a lot of his property because it is a heavy burden to carry. They Bible clearly says it is better to be poor than rich.

My son is very clear about this though. It is not money but the love of money that is the root of all evil. They say there will not even be any money in Heaven, everything will be free. I try to do that now, I try to give away all I can because I seem to get more back when I give compared to selling my stuff.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"Karma" doesn't really work.
My father was a doctor and a lot of what he promoted was positive thinking and the power of suggestion. They are very powerful and the placebo effect has a positive effect 1/3 to half the time.

Karma and possibility thinking is a lot the same. We need to think positive uplifting thoughts.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My father was a doctor and a lot of what he promoted was positive thinking and the power of suggestion. They are very powerful and the placebo effect has a positive effect 1/3 to half the time.

Karma and possibility thinking is a lot the same. We need to think positive uplifting thoughts.
I know positive thinking works. Even evil and corrupt people do it and it works even for them.

Anyway, I'm talking about the "Layman's Karma" not the real Karma of Hinduism. The layman's karma where you get immediate or near term consequences out of nowhere based on our actions.

The Rich man in the parable with Lazarus did positive thinking. How else could he had good life? There's people who are both rich and miserable but that's not our rich man in the Bible.

I used to be far more financially endowed and as a Christian, I filled my mind with positive thoughts based on the Biblical version of Positive thinking, NOT the Eastern version. Yet now, I'm the opposite. Lost my career, all my lifesavings, and inherited debt from parents and I have remained positive in the Biblical sense.

Yet, no amount of positive thinking will turn God's hand. If God is behind something, there's no way to override it. unless God isn't really behind it.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yet, no amount of positive thinking will turn God's hand. If God is behind something, there's no way to override it. unless God isn't really behind it.
Our real litmus test for God is to be able to go beyond what you can do with positive thinking.

Upvote 0