Farmington
✟23,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
True, but I see Revelation 14 being the same events as Revelation 6:12-17 as a different narrative rather than Chronologically later. Revelation 6:12-17 and Revelation 7 has the signs like Matthew 24:29-31, including the gathering of the elect.

What I actually see is Jesus coming from heaven, going south (Zechariah 9:14-16, Isaiah 34), then coming back to Jerusalem (7th trumpet and Revelation 16 after the 7th bowl, and shown in Isaiah 63). He only comes from heaven once, but in all the chaos of the trumpets and bowls He takes over kingdoms (why in Revelation 14 He has 1 crown, in Revelation 19 He has many) by Himself, then returns to Jerusalem. Armageddon is the last battle of a campaign.

That is why Revelation 11 has the declaration of the Kingdoms of this world being His, it's the triumphant return to Jerusalem on the white horse (not from heaven, which is on the clouds)

I agree, Revelation isn't strait chronological, but rather like Daniel. Later chapters expand and give other details of previous ones.
The most important thing is to be ready, not to be sleeping, not to be without oil....
" And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord..." (1 Samuel 3:3) What? the lamp was going to go out? It wasn't supposed to:
Leviticus 24:2 "Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually."

It's one of the saddest verses in the Bible, but it also has a blessing because ere: before the lamp went out, the LORD called Samuel.

We live in very dark times. Before the lamp goes out, let's be sure we hear Gods call to us, to watch, to be ready. Because sometimes it seems as if the lamp is going out. And that also means to be ready in times of tribulation. A lot of people don't want to hear that. They think no Christians will ever see any portion of the great tribulation whatsoever, but the Bible never teaches that. Especially in America and western Europe people are too comfortable, and were persecution to arise as it does in Iran, or N. Korea, many Christians would buckle under. They have not been prepared, and not been taught the truth, and it is the leaders responsible who will bear great judgment from the LORD for misleading their flocks.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree, Revelation isn't strait chronological, but rather like Daniel. Later chapters expand and give other details of previous ones.
The most important thing is to be ready, not to be sleeping, not to be without oil....
" And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord..." (1 Samuel 3:3) What? the lamp was going to go out? It wasn't supposed to:
Leviticus 24:2 "Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually."

It's one of the saddest verses in the Bible, but it also has a blessing because ere: before the lamp went out, the LORD called Samuel.

We live in very dark times. Before the lamp goes out, let's be sure we hear Gods call to us, to watch, to be ready. Because sometimes it seems as if the lamp is going out. And that also means to be ready in times of tribulation. A lot of people don't want to hear that. They think no Christians will ever see any portion of the great tribulation whatsoever, but the Bible never teaches that. Especially in America and western Europe people are too comfortable, and were persecution to arise as it does in Iran, or N. Korea, many Christians would buckle under. They have not been prepared, and not been taught the truth, and it is the leaders responsible who will bear great judgment from the LORD for misleading their flocks.

Parable of the 10 virgins. It's night (tribulation, persecution), all 10 light their lamps (testimony) when they know the groom is coming soon.
Only the 5 wise can keep their lanterns lit.

and that to me is a pretty sad parable that Jesus taught. That all 10 were waiting for Him. All 10 went out to meet Him, all 10 had lamps to be light in the darkness. But only half could keep theirs lit, and the half that could, could not help the half that couldn't, and when they came to the door... they were denied even being known, by the one they had waited for, and told to depart.

That is the saddest reality in scripture that could ever happen.

and it leaves you wondering, why couldn't they keep their lanterns lit? If it's the holy spirit that's the oil, why didn't the 5 foolish who were waiting on the groom have it? Isn't the Holy Spirit given by grace through faith, isn't it given freely by God when asking?

Luke 11
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Half of the people who believe Jesus Christ is Lord, don't make it through the dark time known by Jesus.. why?

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Half of the people who believe Jesus Christ is Lord, don't make it through the dark time known by Jesus.. why?

Their lights are out. No oil. The lamp of God goes out, and they didn't see it coming, were too worried about other things, a number of reasons.
Maybe as in Luke 18, when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Because what is being taught today in so many churches is not really the gospel, but a combination of pop psychology, story telling, and new age junk.
If people are in Christ, know the cross, the blood, repentance, sanctification, true charity, whatsoever things are honest, and just, and true: exposing error when one sees it, resisting the devil, then that person is keeping their heart with all diligence and watching and praying, waiting for their Lord, shall overcome and endure unto the end.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,872.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dogs? Another angel I spoke to had a very effective, alluring Scottish accent and he pronounced them “dawgs”. I quite liked this angel at first who I clumsily assumed was Saint Paul. I had already been acquainted with Paul in a different human form as a supernatural being, he walked by my side for a while. I’m still not sure who this angel was, Satan? He did appear to turn into Satan in later meetings but was still amusing. I wouldn’t want to be a friend though knowing the power he has. Looking at the misinformation Satan fed Muhammad, I can see some did point to the Bible.
The verbiage of Satan above described is good for nothing, he knows that will be cast down into the bottomless pit, and his followers into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,872.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see your point? Of course I know about Joshua the priest in the book of Zechariah. It was I who just mentioned him!

Yes, I was explaining the 2 lampstands in the OT scriptures. The same symbol does not have to carry the same application in the NT Scriptures. That would be an interpretive fallacy, that a single word carries with it a single application in all places where that particular word is used.

Words used like that are called "technical" applications, such as proper nouns, or names. They have to been designated as such before using the same application elsewhere. "Candlestick," or "lampstand," has no such designation in order to justify carrying the same application from OT to NT.

The word does have a technical application in the Bible, in the sense that it commonly refers to the menorah in the Temple. So it has to do with its designated purpose, rather than its application to a particular person or church. It refers, largely, to the lampstand in the Temple, as opposed to any old "lampstand."

In Revelation we see the figure of "candlesticks" being applied to several church congregations in Asia Minor. The image is applied to them to convey that their purpose is to witness to the light of Christ. It has no special relation to Zech 3-4. And I have no reason to apply Joshua and Zechariah to the 2 "lampstands" in Rev 11.

The fact there are *two* of these witnesses merely indicates that their purpose in being "two" is in confirming a testimony. It is not an element designed to compare the "2 Witnesses" of Rev 11 with the "2 founts of oil" in Zech 4.
The content above described, is a mere verbiage from a natural man, a verbiage from a human perspective, a stumbling block-Genesis 3:1, not from GOD' perspective-Matthew 16:23.
My Lord JESUS said: Matthew 15:19 - Out of the heart proceed false witness, evil thoughts, blasphemies, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts.

The Lord weighs the spirits - Proverbs 16:2

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The content above described, is a mere verbiage from a natural man, a verbiage from a human perspective, a stumbling block-Genesis 3:1, not from GOD' perspective-Matthew 16:23.
My Lord JESUS said: Matthew 15:19 - Out of the heart proceed false witness, evil thoughts, blasphemies, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts.

Yes, I have zero interest in discussing things with malicious witnesses.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Rapture isn't what they teach us in church. "And the Angels called upon all the foul, to feast on those who follow Christ".
Christ means marked, cross means cursed, his number is 6ptx6&6 point star fallen from heaven. The god of the Bi Baal is lucifer facts..2nd Enoch 20:3 is the True living Creator of All life.
Enoch returned in 2017 and the Tribulations are almost over. Please seek truth in the Most High Aravat. He arrives in less than a year for judgment day and Enoch is our Righteous Judge at the Right Hand.
Zero basis for such assertions.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,872.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have zero interest in discussing things with malicious witnesses.
You know that what matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, self-executing.
Revelation 21:8

But the fearful(the COWARDS), and all liars, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
παρουσία, meaning "arrival", "coming", or "presence". That doesn’t state or interpret as “rapture” only the Second Coming.
1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 says the Parousia of Christ (4:15) IS the time of the rapture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jacob refers here to the post-rapture remnant of national Israel, who were not raptured because they hadn't accepted Jesus before his Parousia. I am not of this group.

So if we have no connection to Jacob, why would one think that we are part of Jacob's trouble?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,153.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So if we have no connection to Jacob, why would one think that we are part of Jacob's trouble?
The connection of Christians with Jacob, is in his name that God gave Jacob after he was an overcomer: Israel. The literal meaning of israel, is: One who overcomes for God.
Since Jesus came and we can overcome Satan through His Salvation, then we too qualify for that name and are Israelites. Galatians 6:14-16
John sees Overcomers, Israelites; in each of the 7 Churchs of Revelation.
You got me; ask them.
As a Christian believer, you ARE one of them!
Many prophesies describe a worldwide disaster at the forthcoming Sixth Seal Day of the Lords fiery wrath. It will badly affect the whole world and will destroy our military strength.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The connection of Christians with Jacob, is in his name that God gave Jacob after he was an overcomer: Israel. The literal meaning of israel, is: One who overcomes for God.
Since Jesus came and we can overcome Satan through His Salvation, then we too qualify for that name and are Israelites. Galatians 6:14-16
John sees Overcomers, Israelites; in each of the 7 Churchs of Revelation.

As a Christian believer, you ARE one of them!
Many prophesies describe a worldwide disaster at the forthcoming Sixth Seal Day of the Lords fiery wrath. It will badly affect the whole world and will destroy our military strength.

Avoid reading the NIV and you will realized that Galatians 6:16 does not allow you to conclude that you are Israel. ;)

Reactions: WilliamLhk
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,872.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 says the Parousia of Christ (4:15) IS the time of the rapture.
But before JESUS coming, who comes FIRST is the archangel Michael - Daniel 12:1-3 combined with Matthew 24:15-25, and Revelation 12:7-12, and 1Thessalonians 4:15-16: ---> For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel - Michael-, and with the trump of GOD (Revelation 11:15-take a look): and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Michael comes before JESUS, Michael comes first - Revelation 11:15-18 and 12:7-12 - Be careful or else get ready

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,872.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Avoid reading the NIV and you will realized that Galatians 6:16 does not allow you to conclude that you are Israel. ;)
Good observation. Verse 15 says: 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Furtheremore, "Not as though the Word of GOD hath taken none effect. For they are not ALL Israel, which are of Israel-Romans 9:6 combined with 1Kings 20:15 and 19:18.
In Elijah's time, out of the 7000 all the other "israelites" were from the synagogue of Satan, idolaters, and they are to this day, to this current time, and the holy city is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt.

Revelation 14:18-20
18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of GOD.

20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

My Lord JESUS left very clear, saying: John 15:1-2 and 6

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

The Word is GOD, self-executing.

Woe of the inhabiters of the earth, ...

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,872.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were many Jewish people in the Church of Rome,and the Apostle Paul in his universal epistle to the Church of Rome, he wrote: Romans 2:5-16:
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the Day of WRATH and revelation of the RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT of GOD;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, ETERNAL LIFE:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, INDIGNATION and WRATH,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew FIRST, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew FIRST, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with GOD

12 For as many as have sinned WITHOUT Law(the Gentiles)shall also perish without Law: and as many as have sinned in the Law(the Jews) shall be Judged by the Law;

13 (For not the hearers of the Law are just before GOD, but the doers of the Law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the Law, do by nature the things contained in the Law, these, having not the Law, are a Law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the Law written in their hearts(Hallelujah!!), their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another-)

16 In the Day when GOD shall Judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. (The Day arrived-Woe of the inhabiters of the Earth)

The Word is GOD, self-executing

Upvote 0

JoyAlton

Jan 1, 2024
South East region
✟2,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was taught a Pretrib Rapture in the early 70s by friends and the church I began to attend. But I had been raised in church from birth where no such thing ever existed. Since this was new to me, and held by all my new Christian friends, I thought Pretribism was the way to go.

Hal Lindsey had written a book called "The Late Great Planet Earth," and was taking the "world by storm." Lindsey was out of Dallas Theological Seminary, I believe, where they all taught Dispensationalism, which contains Pretrib Doctrine.

So I watched the movies that depicted Christians suddenly disappearing, leaving their cars and planes unattended, and maybe even leaving their clothes behind. And the world "left behind" seemed caught unprepared and unaware of what just happened.

So the world came up with some idea to explain how so many people ended up disappearing--perhaps an alien invasion? And they then proceeded to become terribly ungodly and antichristian since the Christians of the world had gone away, leaving backsliders and pagans in charge.

Not long after becoming Pretrib my brother started harping on me about the need to memorize Scripture. He had participated in Bill Gothard's course on Bible memorization and wanted to pass that on to me. After preaching to me for a half hour or so I decided maybe I should try to memorize some Scripture.

To my surprise memorization came easy for me. Before I knew it I had memorized a few entire books of the NT. 1 John, Colossians, and 2 Thessalonians were were I started. I probably memorized half of the book of Revelation before I got a stopped doing this.

In the process of memorizing 2 Thessalonians I realized that Paul was teaching *against Pretribism!* He said that the Rapture cannot take place until Antichrist is actually destroyed at the Coming of Jesus! And in his time Antichrist had not come yet.

From this point on I've been Postrib. I had a moment of doubt when I moved to S. CA in the mid-70s, after reading Chuck Smith's Commentary on the Revelation. But after some unusual circumstances I was led, I believe, back to full acceptance of Postrib Doctrine, and determined never again to doubt what my 2 eyes are telling me! ;)

I say all this to explain this post. I still believe a Rapture will happen. But will it have the same strange phenomena happen as with the Pretrib scenarios, with people disappearing and the world left trying to explain where people went? This seems all so mythical to me, so fable-like! I'm a bit embarrassed to present the Gospel with things so unlikely, though the resurrectiton is equally a miracle but far more likely in my thinking.

I'm wondering if maybe the real Rapture will be unlike how the Pretrib movies portray it? Jesus said that when he comes will he find faith on the earth? This means that though Nominal Christianity is ubiquitous and common, genuine born again Christianity will not be so apparent, and may not exist as such except in dark corners of the earth.

If so, the Rapture may be more of an unseen event, as though happening when most of the world is hunkered down in bomb shelters during a nuclear war, rather than driving cars and piloting planes. If you look at the account of Elijah's "Rapture" he is even searched for, being that the event is far more subtle than a large-scale disappearance.

Perhaps the real Rapture will be confined to much smaller numbers in a time when religion is on the way out, and born again Christianity is so marginalized that it is no longer part of the mainstream? This may be a ways off, but the way things are going now I can see it happening. Large groups of Christians are being exposed as frauds, and antiChristianity is taking over the world, pushing true Christians out of the way. Your thoughts?

2 Kings 2.9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”
“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.
10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”
...16 “Look,” they said, “we your servants have fifty able men. Let them go and look for your master. Perhaps the Spirit of the Lord has picked him up and set him down on some mountain or in some valley.” “No,” Elisha replied, “do not send them.”
Hi Randy. Thanks for the offer to reply. I was once a pre-triber. Allow me to share something I recently discovered from minds better than mine and from a simply reading of Scripture. In Luke 17, beginning verse 34, we see additional details not included in Matthew 24.

Luke 17:34 (Randy, pay attention to the words 'taken' and 'where').
"I tell you, on that night there will be two people in one bed; one will be taken, the other left. And there will be two women grinding meal together; one will be taken, the other left.” They said to him in reply, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will gather.

Now, recall that, as believers in the Rapture theory (namely pre-trib), we were taught that the ones 'taken' were Christians with the only evidence left being their clothes in a pile on the ground. With that in mind, note that Jesus said one would be 'taken' in each case to which His disciples asked "Where, Lord?" (ie. taken where?")

Now connect the dots ie. the bodies of the ones 'taken' will be eaten by vultures. Vultures eating bodies of the ones 'taken' is a type or sign of death, decay and destruction. That means that the ones taken are the wicked, not the saved.

Randy, add to that the typology from the flood mentioned in Matthew 24:39 " they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and "took them" all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man (ie. the Second Coming).

(Notice Randy, they were "took...away"
ie. the same as "taken away" just like the ones Jesus mentioned in Luke 17). Do you see it?!

We can go even further and add to that the plain words (of the only passage in the NT that contains the word rapture) that rapture theorist miss. They believe the so-called rapture will be 'quiet' just like the 'Left Behind' series portrayed, however, in this only passage where the word 'rapture' (ἁρπαγησόμεθα) occurs, we are told that the Lord's coming will be anything but 'quiet'.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.
Then we which are alive and "remain" shall be "caught up" (raptured) together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Note: this verse even tells us who was left behind ( "we which are alive and "remain" shall be "caught up").

Now, ask yourself. Does the Dispensationalist Rapture theory make sense if....
1) The only verse in the NT that contains the word 'Rapture' (which is suppose to be a quiet affair) states it will be, instead, "...with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, with the trump of God"....and...
2) That the ones left behind ( we which are alive and "remain" ) shall be caught up {raptured})

You should also Google how Dr. Dale Moody of Dallas Theological Seminary came to refute a pre-trib rapture. Like you, he ended up embracing a post-trib. Surprisingly, omitting the John Darby style terminology, the ancient churches, East and West, have always embraced (the essence of what rapture theorist call post-trib). The only difference is those ancient churches refer to it as 'The Second Coming'

BTW:
1) the phrase 'the second coming' is always tied to the end of the age in the NT.
2) The ancient churches, East and West, embrace what Protestants would call ' amillennialism' (although those ancient churches don't use that term). Those ancient churches believe we are currently in the 1,000 reign of Christ. The 1,000 only indicates a long time, not a literal 1,000 years. We know Christ is currently reigning because He ascended to the right hand of the Father. He even told his Apostles that some of them would not taste death until the coming of the Kingdom of God. That occurred at His Ascension. He will come a second time to judge the living and the dead. Praise be to God. May we all be found worthy and abiding in Him at His coming.

If you would like to read a brilliant refutation of the Dispensationalist Rapture Theory, I highly recommend the book: Rapture: 'The End-Times Error That Leaves The Bible Behind' by the once Fundamentalist David Currie. It's a brilliantly written book and not an short read.

God bless you brother.

Upvote 0

JoyAlton

Jan 1, 2024
South East region
✟2,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Randy. Thanks for the offer to reply. I was once a pre-triber. Allow me to share something I recently discovered from minds better than mine and from a simply reading of Scripture. In Luke 17, beginning verse 34, we see additional details not included in Matthew 24.

"I tell you, on that night there will be two people in one bed; one will be taken, the other left. And there will be two women grinding meal together; one will be taken, the other left.” They said to him in reply, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will gather.

Now, recall that, as believers in the Rapture theory (namely pre-trib), we were taught that the ones 'taken' were Christians with the only evidence left being their clothes in a pile on the ground. With that in mind, note that Jesus said one would be 'taken' in each case to which His disciples asked "Where, Lord?" (ie. taken where?")

Now connect the dots ie. the bodies of the ones 'taken' will be eaten by vultures. Vultures eating bodies of the ones 'taken' is a type or sign of death, decay and destruction. That means that the ones taken are the wicked, not the saved.

Randy, add to that the typology from the flood mentioned in Matthew 24:39 " they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and "took them" all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man (ie. the Second Coming).

ie. the same as "taken away" just like the ones Jesus mentioned in Luke 17). Do you see it?!

We can go even further and add to that the plain words (of the only passage in the NT that contains the word rapture) that rapture theorist miss. They believe the so-called rapture will be 'quiet' just like the 'Left Behind' series portrayed, however, in this only passage where the word 'rapture' (ἁρπαγησόμεθα) occurs, we are told that the Lord's coming will be anything but 'quiet'.

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.
Then we which are alive and "remain" shall be "caught up" (raptured) together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Note: this verse even tells us who was left behind ( "we which are alive and "remain" shall be "caught up").

1) The only verse in the NT that contains the word 'Rapture' (which is suppose to be a quiet affair) states it will be, instead, "...with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, with the trump of God"....and...
2) That the ones left behind ( we which are alive and "remain" ) shall be caught up {raptured})

You should also Google how Dr. Dale Moody of Dallas Theological Seminary came to refute a pre-trib rapture. Like you, he ended up embracing a post-trib. Surprisingly, omitting the John Darby style terminology, the ancient churches, East and West, have always embraced (the essence of what rapture theorist call post-trib). The only difference is those ancient churches refer to it as 'The Second Coming'

BTW:
1) the phrase 'the second coming' is always tied to the end of the age in the NT.
2) The ancient churches, East and West, embrace what Protestants would call ' amillennialism' (although those ancient churches don't use that term). Those ancient churches believe we are currently in the 1,000 reign of Christ. The 1,000 only indicates a long time, not a literal 1,000 years. We know Christ is currently reigning because He ascended to the right hand of the Father. He even told his Apostles that some of them would not taste death until the coming of the Kingdom of God. That occurred at His Ascension. He will come a second time to judge the living and the dead. Praise be to God. May we all be found worthy and abiding in Him at His coming.

If you would like to read a brilliant refutation of the Dispensationalist Rapture Theory, I highly recommend the book: Rapture: 'The End-Times Error That Leaves The Bible Behind' by the once Fundamentalist David Currie. It's a brilliantly written book and not an short read.

God bless you brother.
Correction to BTW 1). It should read 'the coming of the Lord'...not 'the second coming'.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, I've been aware of these arguments for many years, but I'm very glad you're bringing them back! Thanks much.
BTW:
Well, there's good Premill arguments against this position, but for now, I'm happy that you're Postrib! :) I'm not Dispensational, but neither am I Amillennial, though I was raised with that in mind. I'm not ultra-dogmatic about Premillennialism, but for now, that's the position I hold to.

God bless you brother.
Thank you. I haven't read the book, and I may check it out. But to be honest, I've been refuting Pretrib Doctrine since about 1977. So I don't know what more I can learn about it? Thanks anyway. Take care...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.