ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thought this very interesting link from another site.

Signs in Nature: Scientists stunned as grey whale sighted off Israel

Interesting.

The whale, which was first sighted off Herzliya in central Israel on Saturday, is believed to have travelled thousands of miles from the north Pacific after losing its way in search of food.
"It's an unbelievable event which has been described as one of the most important whale sightings ever," said Dr Aviad Scheinin, chairman of the Israel Marine Mammal Research and Assistance Center which identified the creature.
A population of grey whales once inhabited the north Atlantic but became extinct in the 17th or 18th centuries and has not been seen there since.
The remaining colonies live in the western and eastern sectors of the north Pacific.

Big jonah symbolism there. And/or Leviathan.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I take a strange view of symbolism. I consider us as in a book. Those who are in the book. Those who are not, what happens to them is meaningless for their names and existence is blotted out.

I view us as characters in this book God is writing. He writes the scenes, He writes the plot, He writes the environment. It is rich in symbolism which the reader is aware of but the characters, of course, are not.

The characters are as dead, as but characters in the book, unless they are made alive and brought outside the book through the reader who is son of the writer.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
thats an amazing way to put it childofgod97

Danke, bro.

(Not from me, it just came to me, though God had been showing me this larger concept for many years... but glad to see when others can hear such things and delight in it as I do.)

(Frankly, this is often how I know I 'have from God', is when I see such concepts and realize, "I could never have thought that up".)

One cool thing is if you notice, Moses was talking with God and mentioned, "You can just blot me out of this book you are writing if you are going to kill them all". This shows a conversation Moses was having with God not in the Bible. Apparently, God was explaining to Moses about how creation is as a book.

This sort of conversation not included may shine light on why it is said of Moses, "When I send you a prophet I speak to them in riddle and puzzles. Not so with my servant Moses with whom I speak plainly and clearly, face to face, and not in riddle."

Anyway, my impression was and is that God was explaining to Moses about his writing the books of the Bible and explaining about how God is a writer, too, writing events. For instance, it is to Moses God said, "Who makes a man dumb or able to speak? Is it not I, the Lord?"

That likely means God was showing Moses before He said this to Moses about how it is He who makes people about to speak or dumb, deaf or able to hear. Which, theologically, has a lot of ramifications and deep material.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David69

Mar 16, 2010
UK
✟207.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmmm and what verses would you be using for that? Awesome as I'm ready to leave this crazy place...

Saying that I can think for myself I am using my own opinion :)
My thoughts come from God ovcourse! Just because a whale shows up at Juruselem, It doesnt have to be a Religious symbol. But because just about every thing around here has to be symbolic, I have interperated it in my own way... crazy eh! :p

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, but this is a news item I continue to meditate on. When I think of the whale my mind goes to Jonah the OT prophet. He was told to go to Ninniveha and preach to them as they believed in Dagon the half fish half god diety. He at first refused, but the Lord managed to change his mind.

Jonah then became stubborn and developed anger that the people repented. He wanted to see them obliterated. And who hasn't had one of those brief moments?

What's coming to me is that the Lord is speaking to the Jews, but they will not listen and will eventually embrace the antichrist for a short period of time. Then they will repent and cry out to Jesus to save them at Petra.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
In the Jonah story, it was a fish, not a whale. Additionally if you study the migration of animals and insects there are a lot of strange things going on these days. The question is just how strange are they? It much depends on how the information is being related. The perspective of the observer.

This earth is in constant change. Change is the only constant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
Absolutely. The creation often changes and rebuilds itself. It is all amazing isn't it:)

Oh, I should have said, Change is the only constant except for the unchanging consistency of God.

Phew! if it weren't for His consistency I'd be a basket case.

Last edited:
Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0