A relaxing question, about Paradise/Heaven.

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It might be described like one huge “Love Feast” with the only Love being expressed is Godly type Love (unconditional, unselfish, sacrificial Love). The problem is most people like to be loved for how they want others to perceive them to be and not in spite of the way they are. People do not like to accept charity, so they will not be happy a “Love Feast” of only charitable type Love.

Upvote 0

Froesler

Learner
Jan 27, 2015
✟431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Heaven and Hell did not exist, there would be no difference between the righteous and the wicked. Heaven and Hell ought to exist because God is just and eternal, therefore the eternal justice exists.

I believe heaven is a reward and hell is punishment.

No human can tell you how the paradise exactly looks like, the only thing I know is that it's a place 100% filled with God's grace.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Once again, this question is simple.

How do you conceive paradise/heaven ? According to your own opinion and scriptures how would you describe "Paradise/Heaven" ?

In the Apocalypse, echoing the Prophet Isaiah, St. John writes of newness of the age to come, "I saw a new heavens and a new earth..." This echoes the Prophet Isaiah who says the same, the Prophet also writes,

"'The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,'
Says the LORD.
" (Isaiah 65:25)

Also found in Isaiah,

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD
As the waters cover the sea.
" - Isaiah 11:6-9

At the coming of Christ on the Last Day the dead shall be raised and all things shall be made new. There shall be peace, justice, and life everlasting upon the earth forever.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

This love "in our hearts" is how Heaven is, now in us, as much as we grow in this and how God's love has us relating with Him in His peace (John 14:27, Colossians 3:15) and loving each other and any and all people . . . in this all-loving love.

"For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens

How do you conceive paradise/heaven ? According to your own opinion and scriptures how would you describe "Paradise/Heaven" ?
Are we talking about heaven as in God's throneroom now,
Or paradise as in the current resting of the dead.
Or the final hope?

Assuming the latter - God's creation put to rights, put back on track, with God's (physically) resurrected people as his restored images in and for that world.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It could be Star Trek, or it could be the Sound of Music. Maybe a bit of both. But I don't see it being a collection of Golden Gates and/or lots of Clouds.

One thing is sure; Jesus will definitely be there. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

(Rev 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

(Rev 21:3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

(Rev 21:4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

(Rev 21:23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

(Mat 22:30) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

(Isa 65:25) The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

(Rev 21:23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

(Rev 22:1) And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

(Rev 22:2) In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

(Gen 1:29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

(Gen 1:30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

(Joh 14:2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Those are the scriptural references--omitting the description of the city itself for space. To me, it's a place of peace, total love, no death, (Death and Hades bring thrown into the lake of fire), all of nature in complete harmony and supreme beauty. Though no marriage, it implies a close relationship with all and the security of knowing no one, nor any creature will ever be taken from you again. A closeness with God far above what we have now. A brain that is perfect, with incredible abilities (like being a total savant (without any impairments)--purity of thought where no sin will ever raise its ugly head again. No worthless idleness, but to work together in growing our own food, and making our own things and in selfless sharing of those things. Exploring of all that is, whether just around us or far out into the universe. Enjoyment of music--whether we learn to make it ourselves or hear it from others and of pure dance for joy and praise to God. Eternal life with purpose, abilities, fearless as nothing can hurt us. We can stand on the surface of the sun to examine it if we wish. We will eat and drink, and things will be needed for that, like making beautiful dishes, glasses, pottery--working with precious stones and metals, the very best--you want diamond doorknobs--no problem!
John 14:2 mentions mansions in "my Father's house"--the International version translates that to "rooms"---which I prefer. A mansion in someone's house sounds rather separated, distant from it's owner where ones life is lived away from the other mostly--a room is like being a part of the household--Christ is preparing a room in His home--more like we're coming home to our old childhood room instead of going to our own house. In our own house, we are alone, in a room in a home, we all share the main house, just have a private room of our own. It's like we're all sharing His house.

And just because it says there is no more sea doesn't mean there won't be large bodies of water--rivers, lakes, streams. We can explore them, and the creatures under them without fear--nothing will eat us! Stay underwater a long time if we want without fear of drowning--play tag with friendly water animals. and the land animals. I have a fondness for lions, and tigers, and bears (oh my)--and would love to just bury my hands into a lions mane or a bears fur and run with a cheetah--for that matter, fly with the eagles! Sooooo very much to do---and all the time we want to take to do them.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

This thread has undergone a slight cleanup. As a reminder, Non-Christians are welcome to start threads asking sincere questions in this forum, but only Christians can respond to them.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,150.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are of 2 concepts slightly different.

A paradise is a place to hold human souls in the presence of God. Heaven is a place within God's realm where God is living with His designated creations.

A paradise can thus be outside God's realm but with God's presence. That lies the difference. Humans will be able to enter heaven only after the Final Judgment. Before that humans can be in a place outside God's realm (i.e., outside heaven) but in the presence of God. They are thus said to be in paradise. Of course, even in Heaven a place for humans to live can still be called paradise.

Upvote 0
Has anyone heard of Akiane Kramarik (I hope I'm spelling her name right.)? She is the prodigy child that God gifted to make beautiful paintings of heaven. Her art is beautiful and I believe that her paintings are a dim window into what heaven looks like.

I also believe that we have jobs in heaven. And not jobs like laboring away but jobs that God designed specifically for us to do that we desire to do.

Upvote 0