Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Every single atheist on this thread gave nothing but dull, predictable and in many cases childish answers. Not one person was able to answer even one of my questions. This proves that atheists cannot be convinced no matter what evidence they are presented with. Most atheists know little to nothing about science or the Bible yet they spend hours of their time on Christian sites trying to convince Christians that if they give them enough "evidence", they can be convinced. I have talked to enough atheists to know that this is just a bunch of crap. You know as well as I do that no matter how much evidence we show you such as the fact that energy cannot die, there are believed to be multiple dimensions that may exist outside our physical laws, people such as "John of God" have been proven to do spiritual healings that science cannot explain, thousands of people at a time have reported seeing visions of Mary and other apparitions with hundreds of healings taking place during the sightings, people have come back from being clinically dead and have described what went on in the emergency room, and the list goes on and on but most atheists just shrug them aside not even bothering to come up with a logical explanation for them and then continue to push Christians to give them more evidence. You can see the evidence all around you. You claim that Christians can't come up with explanations for your "theories" but the truth is, Christians can and do come up with explanations for absolutely everything you have thrown at us, whether you find them to be acceptable is your problem but I challenge you to find explanations for the list of miracles I have listed above. Until you can explain them with science, you have no credibility claiming that the supernatural doesn't exist.

Reactions: Rosalila
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This proves that atheists cannot be convinced no matter what evidence they are presented with.

I didn't see you provide any empirical evidence. If you have any, I'd love to see it.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Until you can explain them with science, you have no credibility claiming that the supernatural doesn't exist.

This is simply untrue. You must make a positive case for your claims. Your case isn't made any stronger even if it turns out that there are no alternative explanations. Your case seems to be one big argument from ignorance.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This proves that atheists cannot be convinced no matter what evidence they are presented with.

Most atheists know little to nothing about science or the Bible yet they spend hours of their time on Christian sites trying to convince Christians that if they give them enough "evidence", they can be convinced.

I have talked to enough atheists to know that this is just a bunch of crap.

These were my favorite slanderous and erroneous comments, displaying your ignorance :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is simply untrue. You must make a positive case for your claims. Your case isn't made any stronger even if it turns out that there are no alternative explanations. Your case seems to be one big argument from ignorance.

eudaimonia,

Mark

No, I agree with her.

Until you can explain things that you can't explain with science, you can't be viewed as credible in claiming that the things you can't explain can't be explained... or exist.

With science!

1211044979_5929.jpg

Lol

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
awitch and Eudaimonist- I gave you a list of miracles to explain, what more do you want from me? Or are you just ignoring them because you have no explanation?

Non Sequitur- You have proven my point beautifully Thank You :)

You gave the name of a magazine. I asked for empirical evidence. And remember, even if you could prove evolution to be false, it would not in any way validate your claims about divinity.

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No, I agree with her.

Until you can explain things that you can't explain with science, you can't be viewed as credible in claiming that the things you can't explain can't be explained... or exist.

With science!

1211044979_5929.jpg

Lol

Well can you explain them....with science? Or are you just going to continue with your childish games?

Upvote 0

buzzini

May 25, 2009
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christians can and do come up with explanations for absolutely everything you have thrown at us, whether you find them to be acceptable is your problem but I challenge you to find explanations for the list of miracles I have listed above. Until you can explain them with science, you have no credibility claiming that the supernatural doesn't exist.

no science can proof personal experience. Neither can Christian use miracles as proof of anything other then what they wish to hear. If proof is all one need to believe in Divine, then look into mirror. If a living human being means nothing of spiritual miracle, then what use is a Divine God showing himself to them but to be mock by them? Yet Christian think miracles are proof? Isn't life itself a worthy proof? Athirst don't need science to proof anything, nor will they be convinced by miracles. But by the love and kindness of Christians are the greatest evidence that man can be above animal and in Gods image, though where can one find such Christian?

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You gave the name of a magazine. I asked for empirical evidence. And remember, even if you could prove evolution to be false, it would not in any way validate your claims about divinity.

No but it would make Creationism the best possible answer again until another theory was presented, now wouldn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
No but it would make Creationism the best possible answer again until another theory was presented, now wouldn't it?

Absolutely not. There is no reason to "default" to some other explanation. You would still need to provide evidence. The burden of truth lies with the person making the positive assertion. And if the evidence provided is falsified, then it is not valid.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well can you explain them....with science? Or are you just going to continue with your childish games?

Until you understand that science doesn't deal with the "spooky stuff" that can't be proved or disproved, given it could have been any un-provable god, the latter.

Next you'll be asking science to explain why the color green has a tendency to feel a little down on Tuesday...

Upvote 0

Tiberium

Jul 29, 2011
✟15,285.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Atheist thinks from carnal mind. They have not the light of God in their spirit, thus all they can trust is their fleshly senses and certain logic that they learn to trust in.

You've got that pride thing and that "better than you" thing down pat don't you?

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Absolutely not. There is no reason to "default" to some other explanation. You would still need to provide evidence. The burden of truth lies with the person making the positive assertion. And if the evidence provided is falsified, then it is not valid.

Well let's see, according to what is considered scientific fact, an atom appeared out of nowhere, split and burst creating a universe that by a series of billions of coincidences that just happened to take place under the perfect conditions, each one happening under probabilities of a trillion to one, such as a bunch of rocks appearing, each perfectly round and a great ball of fire that just magically appeared along with great balls of gas that all just happen to give off light while the big one gives off so much light and heat and just happened to be just the right distance away from one of the big rocks that it makes it possible for life to develop, but wait, that wouldn't even have happened either unless another trillion to one condition had taken place in the form of a liquid substance that also appeared out of nowhere and covered just enough of the earth to create life while leaving large portions of land for that life to eventually crawl up onto after billions of years when it sprung limbs and then over millions of more years these creatures developed into giant reptiles who eventually died and the whole process started over again to finally develop into beings with thoughts, feelings, consciences, a sense of humor, an incredible intelligence and a powerful need to understand where we came from to the extent that we spend large amounts of our time, arguing on a machine that we created with our vast intellect that just happens to pick up signals from energy that also just happens to exist to make it possible for us to capture that energy and use it to create light, sound and heat.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is anymore believable or probable than my scenerio which is:

A powerful energy that has always existed and cannot be destroyed (which is proven to be a scientific fact) With a powerful intellect and emotion, caused a "Big Bang" like situation through the power of his infinite mind (Science is beginning to discover that our minds are capable of manipulating matter. If we can do that with only accessing 10-20% of our brains, imagine what we could do if we accessed 100% of our brains) and then molded the matter he created into a universe that worked perfectly together and made it possible for one of the planets he created to support life by making the conditions perfect for it. He created a large ball of fire in space that is just the right distance from the earth to keep it warm and give it light while protecting the earth with a protective layer to protect his creations from the harmful radiation that the sun gave off. He also created a planet that the sun would reflect off of just perfectly to light the earth even at night and created other planets and stars that made it easy for his creations to tell what time of year it was and how many years had gone by. He created 2 perfect beings full of all the same energies he was made of but in much smaller amounts and made plants and animals for them to eat and a way for them to reproduce. Over time, these beings and the animals around them did evolve to a certain extent depending on who they mixed their DNA with and where they lived. For instance, those in colder climates were lighter skinned and those in warmer climates became darker skinned over time and Animals evolved slightly over time as well depending on where they lived and mixing their DNA with other animals through mating.

This seems like a much more realistic scenerio than the Billions of Trillion to one coincidences that it would take for the other to be possible but each to there own I guess, I just wish atheists would stop forcing their "Theories" on us and our children and realize that Creationism isn't so unbelievable after all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Explain to me how it happened then.

No, no, no, no.

You made the claim that it was considered scientific fact that an atom appeared out of nowhere. I made no positive claims.

You either show where it is, or you admit it is not considered a scientific fact.

(No wonder you have a hard time understanding science...)

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No, no, no, no.

You made the claim that it was considered scientific fact that an atom appeared out of nowhere. I made no positive claims.

You either show where it is, or you admit it is not considered a scientific fact.

(No wonder you have a hard time understanding science...)

Fine it's not a "fact" then. It's my understanding of it. If I am incorrect, correct me if you know so much about science.

Reactions: Non sequitur
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Fine it's not a "fact" then. It's my understanding of it. If I am incorrect, correct me if you know so much about science.

Most (and I don't wanna hear any flack) will not admit to anything, even if proven wrong.

I sincerely appreciate you for being honest :)

I'm sure others can explain it much better than I, but here is something to look at.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not one person was able to answer even one of my questions.

Let's try this again. Upthread I posted this:
You are not asking because you are interested in the answers. Your questions are quite shot through with underlying assumptions. And it is quite easy to see that you are simply making assertions/statements thinly disguised as question. (You are by no means the only person to do that, it is quite popular.)

Upvote 0