Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My husband is mean.
Very mean.
Verbally abusive, rude and it's all about him all the time.
What he wants comes first and everyone else is a distant second.
I really do not know what to do anymore.
Sounds like domestic violence, even if it isn't physical. I'd be outa there ASAP if I were you. Bullies don't wake up until you take action. And I wouldn't be falling for the "oh I'm sorry, I wont do it again" line that they use later. Get out now, while you have some sanity left.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not married so take any advice from me with a huge grain of salt. But, if it were me, I'd tell him he has X time to shape up, or, I ship out. Actually, I'd ship out, then tell him he's got X time to shape up if he wants me to ship back in.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry you're going through this. I was in an abusive relationship once, so I understand how hard it is. In my opinion, people can change, but people like this rarely do. Abuse in any form is a deal-breaker to me, and while divorce is a last resort, I do consider it a viable option when your well-being is at stake.

Do you have anyone in your life you can talk to about this? I'm praying that your situation improves and that God restores peace to your marriage.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
need a lot more info.

How old are both of you?
How long have you been married?
What was dating like and for how long?
Do you feel you are nice to him even when he is mean to you?
Do you feel that he tries to dominate conversations or your actions (decisions)?
Do you two attend church together?
Have you two ever been to counseling (apart or together)?

Upvote 0

AWomanNamedDamaris

Dec 21, 2016
Florida
✟9,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does he have bipolar disorder? My husband does and it makes him mean, rude, and selfish more often than not.

Once I learned that much of his behavior stems from his very brain chemistry, it made me more understanding. He's still difficult, even with medication, but now I know why he is so unreasonable.

Does your husband love you and value your marriage regardless of his poor behavior? If so, he may be willing to get treatment.

I have said a prayer for you both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband is mean.
Very mean.
Verbally abusive, rude and it's all about him all the time.
What he wants comes first and everyone else is a distant second.
I really do not know what to do anymore.

What is it you want? Do you love him? I want you to understand something that I dont say lightly or in jest. JESUS IS REAL! We are free.. WE need to make the choice on what we want to do. We know right from wrong yet GOD will say nothing.. till we make the choice. And this JESUS can relate on verbally abusive, rude and so much more. You are not alone. Mine was flipped and yet so much worse. Love for me and I didnt see till I was in my 50's. We been married over 30y. One day ..or night I should say I had to pick her up after work she was drunk. Never happen before or ever again. But I right then called her best friend and was taking her to her friends house. Yet her best friend cried and cried..asking me not to give up. The next day or so her mom sat us on the couch to talk to us. She was a missionary and said.. marraige is not always 50/50 sometimes its 25/75 or even 100/0. Mine was far worse..

I wont get into it.. but.. JESUS is real. We all have our moments so to speak. Each one of us our lifes are different but we all have that moment we have to make a choice. Christ will love us no matter what we do. And if we repent with our heart He will forgive. But.. the CHOICE..its ours. So what do you want? Love never sees its self. This love.. a man keep talking to this other man ..very kindly but the man got so mad just beat the believer up so bad.. was on the ground in blood.. crying. The man said WHY do you keep doing this? The believer on the ground said "I have to.. I love you". He really cared so much for where this man would go if he died with out Christ. Well the man got saved haha..

Jesus is real.. what you need no human can give you. He IS REAL and loves you and YOUR NOT ALONE! I know this road to well..I am still on it. God is for marriage. Yet.. He does not judge nor condemn us no matter what we do. May be see talk to someone. Go to Church.. even if you have to alone. I choose to love no matter what I ever got back and that was even if it was nothing. The pay off so to speak? The reward? I KNOW this is what Christ wanted but I had to make the choice. I didnt do this to get anything from God. He gave me a love for her I never had.

Jesus is real.. talk to HIM.. KNOW He hears you.. and go talk to some Christian believers that know about this can pray with you. A Church that knows the word. But sis.. I exactly even so much more of this pain. I know the DOORS before you...loved you are forever.. saved you are. But RUN to Christ 1st. He WILL give you a love you never had.. and He is the BEST at what He does. Command this evil to get out of your house. Hand over that house to GOD.. give it to HIM! So HE has a right to ack. Praying for you. and JESUS IS REAL! Let Him.. hold you

Upvote 0