tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any idea how many guns are in the countries you mention, compared to the United States?

I wonder if tulc is curious about that?

you should find that out if it interests you. I was asked a question and answered it because it followed up on something I asked, if you're curious about something you should research it and start a thread. :wave:
tulc(seems only fair) :)

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Restrictive gun laws did keep the IRA from getting them, didn’t stop the Cumbria killing spree, the Hungerford massacre, the Monkseaton shootings, the Dunblane school massacre, didn’t stop the terrorists in France at Charlie Hebdo and the kosher market, didn’t prevent the Toulouse and Montauban shootings, didn’t stop The Red Army Faction / Baader-Meinhof Gang or the Winnenden school shooting, didn’t stop Anders Behring Breivik from killing those kids at camp, didn’t stop the Kauhajoki school shooting or Jokela school shooting in Finland, didn’t stop Mehdi Nemmouche from killing at the Jewish museum, didn’t stop the recent Copenhagen shooting…

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Restrictive gun laws did keep the IRA from getting them, didn’t stop the Cumbria killing spree, the Hungerford massacre, the Monkseaton shootings, the Dunblane school massacre, didn’t stop the terrorists in France at Charlie Hebdo and the kosher market, didn’t prevent the Toulouse and Montauban shootings, didn’t stop The Red Army Faction / Baader-Meinhof Gang or the Winnenden school shooting, didn’t stop Anders Behring Breivik from killing those kids at camp, didn’t stop the Kauhajoki school shooting or Jokela school shooting in Finland, didn’t stop Mehdi Nemmouche from killing at the Jewish museum, didn’t stop the recent Copenhagen shooting…

So we're back to: the people in those countries are more moral and more thoughtful? Here's an interesting statistic: in Ireland during the troubles (1968-1998) the RUC killed approximately 84 people. Think about that, 30 years 84 people what's that? about 3 a year? The police in the US killed just 115 last month. :eek:
tulc(is going to need more coffee soon) :sigh:

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
tulc,
besides your unclear stat about police (your implication is that they are all bezerk), your stat about ireland at 3 a year vs us at 115 is innumerate because what would matter is the per million count. ie the percent. after the other is cleared up. not before.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So we're back to: the people in those countries are more moral and more thoughtful? Here's an interesting statistic: in Ireland during the troubles (1968-1998) the RUC killed approximately 84 people. Think about that, 30 years 84 people what's that? about 3 a year? The police in the US killed just 115 last month. :eek:
tulc(is going to need more coffee soon) :sigh:

Just out of curiosity, how many of those 115 threatened police or someone else with a weapon?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tulc,
besides your unclear stat about police (your implication is that they are all bezerk),
I'm implying nothing, I'm supplying information about what's happening. That you assume to know my motives for doing so is anti-police actually says more about you then me. :wave:

your stat about ireland at 3 a year vs us at 115 is innumerate because what would matter is the per million count. ie the percent. after the other is cleared up. not before.
actually I posted that because I've been thinking about the Easter Rebellion lately and was curious about how many people the RUC had killed during the (much, MUCH) later "Troubles". :)
tulc(is going to need a lot of coffee today) :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm implying nothing, I'm supplying information about what's happening.

Indeed you are, limited information.

Of course, this is what happens, when one is only interested in providing "certain" information, based on your personal motivation.

And regarding opening new threads, why do that, when we have the topic at hand and can comment in this thread, with information you have not provided?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The link here: Killed By Police - 2015 should be able to answer that. :wave:
tulc(each death has a link) :)

I am surprised, I actually thought the site would be another “murder the stinking pig’s cause they are Nazi’s” site, but it appears to just report legitimate news stories about deaths that can be attributed to the police in some way.

I was also surprised that the first person “Killed by Police” this year was a 22 year old Longmeadow man, Garrett Gagne, who decided to go to sleep in the road and was struck by a police cruiser responding to an emergency call just after 4am.
How dare the police respond to emergencies when it is dark outside. Don’t they know that drunken lacrosse players sleep in the street? What are these cops thinking responding to emergencies?

Death number two, after beating wife to a bloody pulp, our fine upstanding citizen goes outside to get the police off his property by pointing a gun at them; the police violate his rights to beat your wife and point guns at cops by shooting him.

Number three was another rightful domestic abuser that attacks three police officers in jail, giving a female deputy a concussion and broken nose. If the princess can’t take a beating from a law-abiding wife beating citizen without getting hurt, perhaps she has no business being a police officer.

Oh, number four, I used to live in Bremerton, real close to Shelton, WA. Typical Washington man tries to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head, but fails. Police arrive after 911 call, man completes suicide by cop.

Oh yes, I love this site, thanks for posting it, my faith in the police is slowly being restored.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
It's not so much we don't care enough to do so. It's moreso that the problem is so systemic that we could literally talk about it every single day.

Your best bet regarding discussing police action is to just wait for a national level incident of police abuse. And sad to say, you aren't going to have to wait too long.

Otherwise, you over farm this ground and when the time comes to have another big wave of discussions, we are all talked out...

I have to disagree with the bolded statement for a couple of reasons.

First, the problems highlighted in this thread should be national level news. Evidence of clear police corruption are usually covered in local news broadcasts, but are ignored by the national media.

Second, the national media outlets only propagate stories that further their already formulated narrative. For the liberal outlets, they focus on police stories that appear to have a racist element. For the right wing outlets, they focus on stories that infringe on gun rights or other forms of conflict with government power (rancher who refused to pay taxes story comes to mind). Both branches of the national media are pro-establishment, and tend to ignore stories which detail corruption that can't be blamed on "the other side".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
More thoughtful, moral? Palermo and Naples no.

But relative to Chicago, Toronto and Sydney probably yeah.

Switzerland has gun ownership I think and mandatory military service I believe. But it's a more homogenous society than United States with a much different history.

Gun ownership is not new in the United States nor is it new for children to run around with toy guns. I did it as a child and was never shot by the police. Of course, when I was in grade school gun violence was rare in most the United States and few police ever drew their service weapon from their holster.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The link here: Killed By Police - 2015 should be able to answer that. :wave:
tulc(each death has a link) :)

Since the first link is about a man who pointed a rifle at a cop, I'm gonna go ahead and say the majority of those 115 are just good police work.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since the first link is about a man who pointed a rifle at a cop, I'm gonna go ahead and say the majority of those 115 are just good police work.

I'm not sure a story that ends with "...and the suspect was pronounced dead at the scene..." can be called "good police work". :sorry:
tulc(just a thought) :cool:

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure a story that ends with "...and the suspect was pronounced dead at the scene..." can be called "good police work". :sorry:
tulc(just a thought) :cool:

Would you rather it be; the suspect fired his weapon and killed an innocent by stander? Or, the suspect fired his weapon and killed a cop and then two more cops took bullets before they apprehended the guy, because they didn't want to shoot him?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you rather it be; the suspect fired his weapon and killed an innocent by stander? Or, the suspect fired his weapon and killed a cop and then two more cops took bullets before they apprehended the guy, because they didn't want to shoot him?

I'm sorry, I thought the discussion was: "is killing suspects good police work?" which was what Ana the Ist said. :wave:
tulc(always thought an arrest defined good police work) :confused:

Upvote 0