South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christmas is about commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ. It was a blessed event and still should have seen as such. However, I feel it goes deeper. It starts with the impregnation of a young girl by God, who was highly favored. She later gives birth to our Lord and our Savior. I sometimes wondered how as a kid, Jesus dealt with bullies. Were there any kid who bullied or tried to bully Him? Did they think He was "different"? Did He have many friends? The truth is, those are questions that I may never have the answer to. Mary and Joseph seemed to have been trusted with being parents to a Child who was Perfect. I wonder if it were easy or if it were a challenge to raise Jesus since they were flawed humans raising a Child who was much more than just a "Nice young Man from school or down the street". It comes to mind the song, "Mary did You Know?". Maybe Mary always knew that her Son was the great I Am. I think that Christmas in short is about the conception, birth. life, ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He may have not been born on December 25. He could have been born in the Spring, Summer, or even Fall. I wonder how much the date of His birth really matters. Maybe, maybe not. It sure would not hurt to wonder or ask about these things. I guess for now, I will never know.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, Im curious to know some of these things too.
But you can ask him aside from what we know in the bible cant you?

From what I know in the bible he lived in egypt, i dont know how long they stayed there until King Herod died. He ordered all those hebrew children living in bethelehem under two to die, remember?

His cousin was john the baptist. I imagine he was very close to him as their birthdays were not far apart. Being the eldest, first born, he would have not been bullied like a younger sibling might have easily been. As mary and joseph were jewish parents and entrusted with his care I think he would have lived a sheltered life in his childhood as much as they could shelter him...except the time he went missing at aged 12 in jerusalem.

I expect he knew from an early age scripture and got taught the mosaic law and. Everything even though he would have already known it youd think! But the bible says he grew and waxed strong in spirit and filled with wisdom.

I find the phrase 'waxing stong in spirit' interesting. Waxing as in...polishing?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well Jesus was a lamb he was actually never a kid. i could never think of Jesus as a kid in the sense these days children are known as kids that run wild and are unruly.

So I think we need to understand that, he did not grow up in a world like today's world.
Also, he did have younger brothers and sisters. But he definietly was bullied by all those that mocked him at the crucifixtion. I think his mother mary had hints of pride to her like a jewish mother may have been proud to give birth to the messiah..or at least tempted to boast. However it does say that she pondered all those things in her heart...i dont think she openly bossed Jesus except maybe at the wedding.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus had four brothers and a sister. Of course they were technically half siblings.
James, Joses(joseph) simon, Jude and Salome.

I have heard Catholics will try and argue Mary never had any other children and stayed a virgin, but..us baptists know that makes no sense and does not diminish her role in Jesus life whatsoever.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I suppose if Christ wanted us to celebrate His birth it would be apparent to Creation the date...but instead we are given a Communion that "every time we do this [taking of bread and wine] remember [Him]." We celebrate Him a lot then, don't we? :)

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0