May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, they are calling for just rule of law to prevent more victims of injustice. It is biblical. What on earth are you thinking? To let the unjust and the unmerciful to reign in this world?
Well put......

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With me? What is wrong with the USA that even Christians there are calling for more kills or LOLing about that?

No, we are just tired of criminals doing whatever they want and getting away with it terrorizing law abiding citizens. If things like this happen, maybe criminals will think hard before trying to break into someone else's house. The criminals put themselves in the position to get hurt when they broke the law and tried to harm a 93 year old man. If they had killed that old man, they would have gotten away with it or just got a slap on the wrist and be right back out to kill and rob again.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My guess is the good folk of the city throw the book at the man who was only protecting his property and maybe his life and the life of his family.

My guess is you are completely wrong and he isn't even charged. We'll see which of us is correct over the next few days.

More broadly, he was "frustrated with multiple home break ins". I'd be interested to hear more about why his home was a frequent target, was it just his home? or his area? that kind of thing.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My guess is you are completely wrong and he isn't even charged. We'll see which of us is correct over the next few days.
More broadly, he was "frustrated with multiple home break ins". I'd be interested to hear more about why his home was a frequent target, was it just his home? or his area? that kind of thing.
This is not Oz. More often than not if a private citizen shoots another person even if being attacked the shooter is at fault. If the attacker is armed gun or knife the
hemorrhaging hearts say the victim should have shot the weapon out of the attackers hand.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is not Oz.

It's also not a question we need wait too long to find an answer to. As soon as the authorities have reached a conclusion lets post it here, and see which of us was correct, and which was completely wrong.

We can follow along together
Riverside County Sheriff, CA

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

In certain areas (this article mentioned LA), certain homes in certain neighborhoods become "known easy targets" unfortunately.

I'll see if I can find the article (I think I posted it on here 2 or 3 years ago), but there was an elderly woman in East Cleveland (East Cleveland, Ohio...for those international members of CF who aren't familiar with US geography and aren't aware of the reputation of certain neighborhoods, can be a pretty nasty place) whose house was a target for 4 different robberies in a 2 month time period, and after 2 months of police inaction, her grandson and 2 of his friends decided to set up their own "sting operation" that ended with an intruder getting clocked with a baseball bat.

Not advocating for vigilante justice, but I can see why someone would eventually get fed up and can see why that option would be tempting if someone has been victimized multiple times.

• Informative
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL! They picked the wrong house!

A 93-year-old suburban Los Angeles homeowner, who a relative said was frustrated over being the victim of numerous home break-ins, shot and critically wounded a burglar and scared off the would-be thief's accomplices, according to authorities.

The retired plumber, identified as Joe Howard Teague by the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, turned the tables on the group of home invaders early Wednesday when he grabbed his gun and confronted them inside his house in Moreno Valley, the sheriff's office said.

93-year-old man shoots home intruder, fends off others near Los Angeles

Just goes to show, you're never too old to try new things.

Upvote 0