90 Minutes in Heaven, by Pastor Don Piper

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am currently reading a book by Pastor Don Piper titled, "90 Minutes in Heaven". This is an amazing true story about Don spending 90 minutes in Heaven following a fatal car accident he endured and coming back to earth to tell his testimony. Its an amazing touching story that everyone should read!

Pastor Michael

What I find unbelievable about this is how anyone could spend "90 minutes" in Heaven? How is time measured in Heaven? God is timeless. He is the Alpha and the Omega. God is the "I Am" and has no beginning or end. Heaven is eternal and everlasting. Heaven is not earth, with limitations and boundaries such as space and time. Does not the Bible say that to God, a thousand years is like a day?

Therefore, there is no concept of "time" in Heaven as it is God's throne. How therefore could someone quantify a period of time in Heaven such as "90 minutes". This is just unbelievable to me.

It is like waking up from what seems like a long dream and claiming that you dreamt for hours. It is not possible to quantify. The same with anyone in Heaven. Anyone who genuinely goes to Heaven and comes back cannot say how long they were there. It is literally impossible. Anyone claiming a time period seems suspicious to me.

Upvote 0
S

Studious One

Mr. Piper was certainly mistaken. I'm sure he didn't conduct an experiment. It is as the Word says. That doesn't make him a liar, it just makes him wrong in this case.

If you see only one street, that doesn't mean there isn't any other. That is your assumption. That is so weak, it is hardly worth mentioning. They say that Heaven is a planet, and it would be ridiculous to assume an entire city only has one street, let alone the rest of Heaven. You think you've debunked the book based on this?

You've already said you were going to Heaven in spite of what happens in your heart or in spite of what you say or do?

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2 John 1:9

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:6

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1 John 2:9

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1 John 1:6-7 (KJV)

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 1:8-10 (KJV)

You need to walk in the light. You can't hate anyone. The Word speaks of many things you cannot do.

Not sure how fabricating stories, such as dying and going to heaven for 90 minutes and never seeing Jesus, helps people. If anything, it teaches people that it is OK to make up stories that are not true.

I can't find on instance in the Bible of Christ or His Apostles lying to help people.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Matt 7:1-2

So you're saying they are deceivers. You may not agree with them, but it is not for you to judge their heart. According to Matthew 7:1-2, that makes you a deceiver for passing judgment on them. Because they don't agree with your take on the Word, or were mistaken in one point, they are now liars? You've called Jesus' brother a liar.

It doesn't matter who you trust. God will not violate His Word for you or anyone.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Rev 21:8 (KJV)

The scripture has proven your lack of knowledge of the Word. Does that make you a liar (apart from your judgment)? It is not for me to say. Your judgment (words) will judge you in the last day. Will you not repent?

My judging does not make me a deceiver. Jesus said in John 7:24 that we are to 'judge righteous judgment.' Righteous judgment is to judge what man says against what the Word of God says. Are we to believe man? or God? If Piper, Sigmund, Baxter, Burpo, Eby, and others have written truth, then God's Word is not truth for it contradicts their writings.

I have judged their writings by what is written in the Word of God. Their writings are not consistent with what the Word of God teaches.

It is obvious their writings have deceived thousands, if not millions, into believing their testimony rather than the written Word of God. Many are turning their ears from the truth to believe fables.... a sign we are truly living in the last days.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

People believe the fables woven by Baxter, Burpo, Eby, Piper, Sigmund, et. al., because of the lusts of their hearts.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

You defend Piper saying he did not lie, but was mistaken. The Word of God is Truth. Any statement made that contradicts the Word of God is a lie whether you want to believe it or not. You can continue to defend one who lied against the Word, I will defend the Word.

Upvote 0
S

Studious One

In Richard Sigmund's book, "My Time in Heaven", Richard contradicts himself many times and weaves such fanciful tales he would easily enthrall the feeblest of minds.

On page 64, Richard tells his readers that there are stores in heaven. One such store is a jewelry store that represents a specific woman in a man's life.

Richard contradicts himself over and over again throughout the book. For instance, in one place he says that whatever a person learns in heaven he will never forget. Then Richard fails to remember names that he heard, and lyrics to songs that he heard.

One of the (ahem) angels that accompanied Richard lies to him early in his journey through this fanciful land of streets made of diamond and gates made of gold. (by the way, Sigmund's account of gates and streets contradicts the Word of God just as Piper's did)

People would do well to stick with the Word of God and leave the fairy tales to those who would have nothing to do with God.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Revelation
1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. 19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.

4:1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this

Most of the book of Revelation is a vision John saw in the spirit of things which are to come. It is not a complete record of everything that is and will be, but simply of what John saw.

I know I already posted this, but apparently Studious One didn't take the time to study it and come up with a response:

Rev 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

We are living in the "old" Earth, and people who die go to the "old" Heaven or sleep in the grave awaiting the resurrection. The new Jerusalem described in Rev 21 is not the current Heaven, and when it does come into service it will be situated on the new Earth, not in the new Heaven. How many streets of gold John saw and managed to write about that are going to be in the New Jerusalem on the New Earth... is not something we can use to judge people's supposed trips to Heaven now!

Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Stephen, right as he was being stoned, saw a brief glimpse into heaven. This would be the current heaven, btw, not the futuristic New Jerusalem that will be on the New Earth some day! ;)

Stephen didn't mention seeing any streets of gold, nor pearly gates, nor angels or anybody else besides Jesus and the Father. Does that mean Heaven is empty of everything except for what Stephen saw? What school of theology or denomination supports the belief that if something is not mentioned in the Bible, then it doesn't exist?

Revelation is written from the perspective of one man's vision. If he only saw one street, then he was right to mention there was a street of gold! It would be wrong to say that all the rest of the streets are gold too, if he didn't know for sure. John was not writing from the perspective of the omniscient narrator, but as an observer. He saw one street, and left the record as such!

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I find unbelievable about this is how anyone could spend "90 minutes" in Heaven? How is time measured in Heaven? God is timeless. He is the Alpha and the Omega. God is the "I Am" and has no beginning or end. Heaven is eternal and everlasting. Heaven is not earth, with limitations and boundaries such as space and time. Does not the Bible say that to God, a thousand years is like a day?

Therefore, there is no concept of "time" in Heaven as it is God's throne. How therefore could someone quantify a period of time in Heaven such as "90 minutes". This is just unbelievable to me.

It is like waking up from what seems like a long dream and claiming that you dreamt for hours. It is not possible to quantify. The same with anyone in Heaven. Anyone who genuinely goes to Heaven and comes back cannot say how long they were there. It is literally impossible. Anyone claiming a time period seems suspicious to me.

I didn't read the book, but it's likely that he claims he was aware of the time on the clock when he left, and noticed the time when he returned. At least that's my guess.

As far as time in Heaven, it's clearly something God uses there as well, even saying that a thousand years is as one day to God demonstrates time because it is units of time being measured against each other. If I compared a kilometer to a mile, that comparison does not abolish the concept of distance, but rather affirms it.

A reading of Revelations shows heaven has conversing, singing, sequential actions, and each of those with a beginning, an end, and even duration in the middle, and these require time (the 4th dimensio) to exist.

After all, time is what duration is. God doesn't operate by time as we do, because He has no duration, having no starting point (or end point for that matter), but rather created time so we, as finite beings, could both function and exist.

Upvote 0
S

Studious One

Revelation
1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. 19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.

4:1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this

Most of the book of Revelation is a vision John saw in the spirit of things which are to come. It is not a complete record of everything that is and will be, but simply of what John saw.

I know I already posted this, but apparently Studious One didn't take the time to study it and come up with a response:

Rev 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

We are living in the "old" Earth, and people who die go to the "old" Heaven or sleep in the grave awaiting the resurrection. The new Jerusalem described in Rev 21 is not the current Heaven, and when it does come into service it will be situated on the new Earth, not in the new Heaven. How many streets of gold John saw and managed to write about that are going to be in the New Jerusalem on the New Earth... is not something we can use to judge people's supposed trips to Heaven now!

Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Stephen, right as he was being stoned, saw a brief glimpse into heaven. This would be the current heaven, btw, not the futuristic New Jerusalem that will be on the New Earth some day! ;)

Stephen didn't mention seeing any streets of gold, nor pearly gates, nor angels or anybody else besides Jesus and the Father. Does that mean Heaven is empty of everything except for what Stephen saw? What school of theology or denomination supports the belief that if something is not mentioned in the Bible, then it doesn't exist?

Revelation is written from the perspective of one man's vision. If he only saw one street, then he was right to mention there was a street of gold! It would be wrong to say that all the rest of the streets are gold too, if he didn't know for sure. John was not writing from the perspective of the omniscient narrator, but as an observer. He saw one street, and left the record as such!
John was writing under inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit revealed to him that there was only one street in heaven, not multiple streets. That street was of gold, not diamond. John, under inspiration of the Holy Spirit recorded 12 gates of one several pearl, not one gate of something that was not pearl.

Obviously there are denominations that subscribe to anything that is not biblical.

Old heaven? Scripture does speak of a new heaven and a new earth, but it does not say the new is any different in appearance than the old.

As I said, others can believe the fairy tales purported by Piper, Sigmund, and their ilk. I will believe the Word of God.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John was writing under inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit revealed to him that there was only one street in heaven, not multiple streets.
Revelation 21:21 (AMP)
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each separate gate being built of one solid pearl. And the main street (the broadway) of the city was of gold as pure and translucent as glass.

Revelation 21:21 (NLT)
The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass.

Revelation 21:21 (YLT)
And the twelve gates [are] twelve pearls, each several one of the gates was of one pearl; and the broad-place of the city [is] pure gold -- as transparent glass.

Revelation 21:21 (HCSB)
The 12 gates are 12 pearls; each individual gate was made of a single pearl. The broad street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
This is hardly definitive proof that heaven has only one street. John is simply recording that the main street that he saw was made of gold.

In any event, this is a prime example of "petty controversy over words", which does no good.

:cool:

Upvote 0
S

Studious One

Revelation 21:21 (AMP)
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each separate gate being built of one solid pearl. And the main street (the broadway) of the city was of gold as pure and translucent as glass.

Revelation 21:21 (NLT)
The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass.

Revelation 21:21 (YLT)
And the twelve gates [are] twelve pearls, each several one of the gates was of one pearl; and the broad-place of the city [is] pure gold -- as transparent glass.

Revelation 21:21 (HCSB)
The 12 gates are 12 pearls; each individual gate was made of a single pearl. The broad street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
This is hardly definitive proof that heaven has only one street. John is simply recording that the main street that he saw was made of gold.

In any event, this is a prime example of "petty controversy over words", which does no good.

Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

John said 'the street of the city', had there been more than one street, he would have said 'a street', 'one street', or 'one of the streets'.

Since he was writing under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, I would say that his statement 'the street thereof' was 100% accurate and proves that heaven has only one street.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John said 'the street of the city', had there been more than one street, he would have said 'a street', 'one street', or 'one of the streets'.

Which is precisely what some translations of scripture do say; the main street.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Old heaven? Scripture does speak of a new heaven and a new earth, but it does not say the new is any different in appearance than the old.

As I said, others can believe the fairy tales purported by Piper, Sigmund, and their ilk. I will believe the Word of God.

Rev 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

"No more sea." Sounds quite a bit different to me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

Studious One

Here's a thought.

Call up Houston Chronicle and talk to one of the staff members there. I have researched and researched and find no articles in their archives that tell of a TDOC inmate being in an accident in 1989.

Spoke briefly with Dick Onarecker's daughter (Terri Poss) a couple weeks back through email. Even she does not recollect any articles about the accident, only has heard stories from her father.

Maybe someone else can do some legwork on this one.

Upvote 0

lovinggod1111

Apr 19, 2011
USA
✟15,131.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe that in God anything is possible. Only Don Piper and God knows for sure what transpired during that time. As for the physical body, I believe that we will have spiritual bodies in Heaven. We are speaking about God though, and who knows if our spiritual bodies will appear to have some type of physical form to it? The angels can take on physical bodies. I truly believe there is a lot that we will not know until we are actually in Heaven. While here on earth we just have to continue to live in faith, following what the scriptures say.

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What the Scriptures say? or what Don Piper says?

And why do others judge me as being wrong for testing all things against Scripture?

I do not judge you as wrong, I have not read that particular book and will not be doing so.
I have tried to offer an alternative view of scripture, you are set in your thinking and maybe right, but there maybe other options.

I admit I do not understand heaven and hell exactly , but am curious.

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't read the book, but it's likely that he claims he was aware of the time on the clock when he left, and noticed the time when he returned. At least that's my guess.

As far as time in Heaven, it's clearly something God uses there as well, even saying that a thousand years is as one day to God demonstrates time because it is units of time being measured against each other. If I compared a kilometer to a mile, that comparison does not abolish the concept of distance, but rather affirms it.

A reading of Revelations shows heaven has conversing, singing, sequential actions, and each of those with a beginning, an end, and even duration in the middle, and these require time (the 4th dimensio) to exist.

After all, time is what duration is. God doesn't operate by time as we do, because He has no duration, having no starting point (or end point for that matter), but rather created time so we, as finite beings, could both function and exist.

How on earth can you possibly claim that Heaven has a "time" dimension when your quote (in red) makes no earthly sense at all? Your quote demontrates my point and not yours-that Heaven has no time in the earthly sense.

Obviously, if to God a thousand years is like one day, the concept of time by our standards goes straight out the window.

If anyone enters Heaven, the laws of the universe and nature such as space, time, decay, growth, death etc do not apply. Doesn't the Bible also say that we receive glorified bodies that never decay? All the usual laws here on earth and in our universe are not valid.

Therefore, if anyone enters Heaven wearing a watch ,the watch will stop working in Heaven and only start working upon return to earth. So you can never know how long you were in Heaven.

It would be exactly the same if someone went to Heaven with a miniature pocket television and claimed they watched TBN in Heaven. If there is no telecommunications network in Heaven (by our technological earthly standards), that would not be possible. The same with time. If Heaven is not measured in seconds, hours, days, weeks etc then a watch can't work in Heaven. It would just stop running.

Do you really think Heaven has a 24hr day like here on earth? Are you kidding me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
My judging does not make me a deceiver. Jesus said in John 7:24 that we are to 'judge righteous judgment.' Righteous judgment is to judge what man says against what the Word of God says. Are we to believe man? or God? If Piper, Sigmund, Baxter, Burpo, Eby, and others have written truth, then God's Word is not truth for it contradicts their writings.
We weigh what we hear and see. We do not render a final judgment without receiving it from God, just like Jesus, our example. That is righteous judgment.

It is obvious their writings have deceived thousands, if not millions, into believing their testimony rather than the written Word of God. Many are turning their ears from the truth to believe fables.... a sign we are truly living in the last days.
The deceived are those who cannot hear the voice of the shepherd in the witnesses He provides. We all have to wade through our own pet doctrines and religious thinking because that is what we came out of. Judge nothing before the time.
People believe the fables woven by Baxter, Burpo, Eby, Piper, Sigmund, et. al., because of the lusts of their hearts.
You really love living in the danger zone? You are totally oblivious to the danger. You think you can say anything you want, accuse anyone you want, and still be "saved". You are greatly deceived.

You defend Piper saying he did not lie, but was mistaken. The Word of God is Truth. Any statement made that contradicts the Word of God is a lie whether you want to believe it or not. You can continue to defend one who lied against the Word, I will defend the Word.
No people can be mistaken. What's your excuse? You contradict the Word with your judgments when the Word is clear. So again, by your own judgment, you are a deceiver. I won't ask you to repent because it appears you are reprobate. I can quote you scripture and set your text down right next to it and you wander off as though scot free. That is the sign of a reprobate mind. You are seared. Do you know how easy and beautiful it would be for you to repent of this? You would have EVERYTHING to gain.

John was writing under inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit revealed to him that there was only one street in heaven, not multiple streets.
What I find unbelievable about this is how anyone could spend "90 minutes" in Heaven? How is time measured in Heaven? God is timeless

That would be earth time. I'm sure he accounts for the time he was "gone". That is so obvious (whether it was 45 minutes or 90 is immaterial). And yet you use this to "support" your criticisms of their being liars by your poor understanding of the Word.

<Anyone who genuinely goes to Heaven and comes back cannot say how long they were there. It is literally impossible. Anyone claiming a time period seems suspicious to me.
Without a stopwatch you wouldn't know would you? Does it really matter exactly how long he was there? People regularly round off numbers. Does that make them liars?

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
Gen 4:1

And Adam knew his wife again;
and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Gen 4:25

Sounds like Eve was "in the know". We only know of 2 instances mentioned in the Word. Do you want to venture to guess that they made love more than twice before this happened? Yet we only "know" 2 instances. Do you want to build a doctrine out of this? Call someone a liar because they inferred they were like normal couples and regularly had sex? Want to take an easy guess that there is more than one street in a big city?

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:3

You could argue that dead men don't have sex.
And why do others judge me as being wrong for testing all things against Scripture?
We should take care of holding fast to certain doctrines, because we know in part. Precept is built upon precept and some doctrines come down crashing because they are built on sand. Some of those precepts were not established by God, but by assumption. We've all done it. The wise thing is to remain teachable. It's wiser to test all things, compare things in scripture, approach them prayerfully. We do not judge the individuals as deceivers because you do not agree with some of their doctrine. So I do not judge you, I impose your words upon the scripture, and it judges you, not I. I only encourage you to repent.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioArtist
Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without a stopwatch you wouldn't know would you? Does it really matter exactly how long he was there? People regularly round off numbers. Does that make them liars?

Yes it does. If you cannot measure time in Heaven, then claiming that you went there for a specified amount of time does make them liars. It's that simple, now isn't it?

As I said, if you go to Heaven wearing a watch, it will stop working because Heaven is eternal and timeless unlike what we know on earth.

If you went to the moon and picked up a large rock, you cannot know how heavy it was because weight on the moon is completely different to that of earth. If you went to Jupiter, you cannot say "90mins" because time there is different. A day on Jupiter is less than half an earth day.

Do I really need to draw you a picture or something? Earth is finite, Heaven is infinite. All the usual laws and dimensions on earth do not apply in Heaven. They don't even apply to other finite planets and stars in the universe. A kilogram on earth is not a kilogram on the moon. A second on earth is not a second on Jupiter. And that is still dealing with space and time dimensions. What about Heaven that has no space and time dimension?

Now, why don't you go off and think about what I've said. Good boy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll dumb it down for you a little. Put it this way. You claim someone can go to Heaven for "90 minutes", by our standards. Well, if God took me today as I'm typing on this computer to Heaven at 1:20PM, Friday, 22nd April, 2011, does that mean it's 1:20PM, Friday 22nd April 2011 in Heaven when I get there?

No? Why not? If you can go to Heaven for 90 minutes, then you can categorise the day, date and time in Heaven too. Does that not sound ridiculous to you?

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Yes it does. If you cannot measure time in Heaven, then claiming that you went there for a specified amount of time does make them liars. It's that simple, now isn't it?

Not really. He might have approximated. Let's hope your tax returns aren't receiving the same scrutiny.

As I said, if you go to Heaven wearing a watch, it will stop working because Heaven is eternal and timeless unlike what we know on earth.

You might be right? I've never been there when I was awake. We don't know. I assume you've never been either, yet you speculate authoritatively.

Do I really need to draw you a picture or something?

Not really. I do catch your drift and it sounds reasonable. The problem is, neither one of us know. Besides, it's a pretty small point. You might say that you work a 40 hour week, yet odds are good that you've worked long days and short days. Sometimes arriving a few minutes later or early. No one's calling you a liar for you to represent yourself as working a 40 hour week, or whatever you work. Wouldn't it be extreme to do so?

Remember the mercy we give is the mercy we'll get.

Now, why don't you go off and think about what I've said. Good boy.

That's about the fruit I would expect from someone with a devil for an avatar. I do not judge you by the appearance, but don't you care about the appearance of evil?

If part of you really did want to please the Lord, wouldn't you want to nurture that, particularly since people do tend to judge by the outward appearance, and your appearance by avatar and by the "Black Sabbath" is evil. Even if it is primarily a stage act, their are spirits loosed in the earth by permission by the inverted pentagram.

So rather than quabble over a question of a few minutes someone might have guestimated for lack of a running stopwatch, how about searching for truth in addition to tending to your garden of offensive fruit? Jesus is coming soon.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
What the Scriptures say? or what Don Piper says?

You don't get to play the martyr on this one. I'm testing what you have to say against scripture, and find it lacking!

I haven't read Don Piper's book, so have no opinions on it. :cool:

Upvote 0