Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok...let's see...

Never threaten divorce. In fact, vow to never say the word divorce about your relationship. The devil will use all he can. Sin will kill anything it touches, including your marriage.

Ask your spouse to finish the sentence, "I feel most loved when you _________." (Then make a point of doing that from time to time.)

One day, ask your spouse what one thing you could do for them that would show your love and then do it with joy and enthusiasm. Of course, you should use your own judgement as to whether their request is made in good will or not.

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You've got it man :) That's awful news, I hope she'll be ok!! Remember to support your fiance and let her feel what she needs to feel...even if you don't know how to take care of her, what to do, just be there for her. That will be a huge help, I'm sure! You're a good man, I'm sure you already know that ;)

22 days

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok I officially have the jitters!

I am like freaking out here, emotionally! I know it's good and everything but I'm thinking about how I have to leave everything I know, everything I enjoy, everything I do and completely restablize myself in a totally new environment! I don't like change at all...I want to start preparing but I can't! :help:

I'm ok enough but I only have 22 days left and my world is going to be turned topsy turvey in a few weeks, literally. I will only be able to lie in bed like this quietly writing, posting, whatever I want to do for another 22 nights. Then everything will change. I'll have to go right back to work a few days after we get back from our honeymoon and...ok I'll stop and breathe now.

I'm way excited don't get me wrong. But I am freaking out...is this normal? LOL well DUH! of cousre it is!

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How is your fiancee's grandmother? Hope she's doing better. Here's some tips...annnd...18 days!! Not freaking out yet.

When conflict begins to escalate, call a "Time Out" and either try
talking again using less volatile words or agree to talk later at a
specified time.

Give up the desire to change your spouse. Accept your own and your
spouse's limitations and focus on the strengths you both have. What
are three strong points about your marriage? Think about those
today instead of what's wrong with your marriage.

This is not meant to minimize or ignore changes that need to take
place in all of our marriages. Sometimes we can become so focused
on what needs to change that we fail to celebrate what's good about
our marriages.

What will you do today to protect what's good about your marriage
from the seemingly unsolvable problems you may be facing?

Rituals in marriage are an important means of staying connected and maintaining continuity in your marriage. One husband has had a single rose delivered to his wife's office every Monday since they were married. Another couple takes 10 minutes after dinner each evening to talk about their life that day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
New pics :)

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Upvote 0

abacoian

Apr 22, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟7,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
hey, lovely pictures!:) I feel better but still not my best, I can't wait to be done with the medication. I got my tux taken care of and today my fiance got the cake figured out. 22 days. It still seems long to me but I figured that after this week it will only be two more weeks before the week of the wedding:) So I really only need to get through two weeks, then the week of my wedding will be here:)

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That's the way to think :) Trust me the time passes. It seems to be going by almost too quickly for us, which is interesting considering that most feel it goes too slow. As nice and wonderful it will to be married and everything else, I wish the time would go a bit slower so that I could grab hold and get organized :D

Our pastor's daughter is getting married on Saturday so that will take up this weekend, next weekend we'll probably go shopping for the rest of the supplies and then...it will be the week of our wedding. *major freak* LOL. Like, when Sunday comes, I can say "I'm getting married next week":swoon: :eek: :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klynnmiller

Cry out to Jesus!
Nov 17, 2006
Indiana
✟10,602.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys! Oh, GWB, your dress is absolutely beautiful! You look like a princess! Those are great pictures!!! I'll have pictures after the wedding to share, but my dress is in alterations right now. It has to get bustled.

Wow! Only 14 more days, and we're packing up my stuff and moving me out ofmy apartment this weekend!!! WOW! I can't believe it's come to this already! Seems like only yesterday I was thinking that this time would NEVER get here, and now I'm wishing I had more time! There's still so much to do and now so little time to do it! I'm stressing a little, but I've been praying about it and praying that God will give me strength, and help me get things done and keep my leg and hip from swelling up and hurting so much.

Well, I gotta get going, no advice tonight except, everyday say something to your husband/wife that you appreciate about him/her. Be genuine and be creative so it's not the same thing everyday.

Blessings and love to you both!!!!

Oh, BTW, Abacoian, how's your fiance's grandmother and your sinus troubles? Keeping you all in my prayers!!!

Upvote 0

abacoian

Apr 22, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟7,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for the prayers and advice. My fiances grandmother is not doing so well but she is reaady to go. My sinuses, better maybe, I'm tired of taking antibiotics but I have to for 6 more days, but it will be 6 days closer to my wedding:) 21 days, it seems long today.

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It will not die, it will not die!

Do all that you can do to create an environment of encouragement in
your marriage where your spouse will feel loved and accepted. Begin
by respecting your spouse as a gift from God to help you become a
better person. Honor your spouse's feelings and his/her ability to
think and reason with understanding and respect.

Pray practical. What does your spouse want, need, or desire? Maybe it's something simple like energy for the day, or maybe it's serious, like a new job or the healing of a relationship. Just take a few minutes, think about your spouse, and pray about their needs and desires.

Did you know that what happens in the first four minutes you are
together after being apart during the day sets the tone for the
rest of the evening? Prepare yourself with an attitude adjustment
and delay complaints until later.

Remember this: You are responsible for your thoughts, beliefs,
feelings, and behavior. In your marriage, you influence, not
determine, your spouse's thoughts, beliefs, feelings, and behavior.
You are not responsible for your spouse's thoughts, beliefs,
feelings, and behavior.

Upvote 0

abacoian

Apr 22, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟7,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you.

Please encourage me, the days are seeming so long, Saturday was forever. And it's especially difficult because we only get to spend very little time together each week, which I know will make our marriage even more wonderful but it's still so difficult. 18 days seems like an eternity, I think I should probably feel this way but still.

I just have to get through this week. Then next week. Then it will be the week of our wedding. Still, everyday is taking forever.

Please keep me in your prayers and encourage me, thank you!:)

18 days

Upvote 0