Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... not that anything is wrong with my current set of friends. They're actually pretty nifty. Think I'll keep 'em. I would like more though. I tend to be a late nighter and have found that CF has been a nice haven. I've entered into a couple of threads... but there mostly in the support section. I also want to touch base with people in a low key way. Somewhere I can connect with people who share my interest...

About me: I love Boggle, backgammon, and the beach. I've lived in Maui but I grew up in California. I've traveled around Europe and I've been a missionary with YWAM in the South Pacific. My favorite ice cream is vanilla slathered in chocolate sauce. I can't ride a bike to save my life. I'm afraid of spiders but not mice. My favorite food is BBQ and I think it should have it's own food group. I was in a sorority in college... and really wonder WHY??? I have 15 people in my immediate family... and my favorite color is orangeyellowandpink all together. Oh yeah, I like bowling but I use gutter guards. :)

Even if you have NOTHING in common with me I'd love to hear from you and about you.

Peace,
LC :wave:

NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit

Just call me Nie :)
Feb 9, 2004
I live in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
✟9,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
USincognito said:
Howdy Laurel.

What parts of Europe have you been to? When my dad was in the Air Force, we lived in Germany and traveled all over northern Europe.

Hey USincognito,

I went backpacking around Europe when I was in college. I went to Belgium, the Netherlands (Amsterdam), Germany (Munich), Austria, Spain (Barcelona), France (Marseilles? and Paris)... I did the whole youth hostel/eurail thing. It was grande fun. I won a trip to Norway/Denmark when I was in high school... but that was so long ago I can't really remember much. How long did you live in Germany and what was it like being a Military Brat?

LC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
crydun said:
hello Laurel!

You sound like a neat person who has a lot of knowledge about a lot of things. Thanks for posting your thread.

Hey Crydun,

What's that they say about "Jack-of-all-trades Master of none?" I figure the best way to learn more about the world I inhabit is to connect with people who have absolutely nothing in common with me and thereby learn from them and their experiences. I think I've closed myself off over the years and now it's time to BREAK OUT OF THE BOX and connect with people.

Thanks for your post... I hope you feel inclined to post more and share the world with me. :)

Upvote 0

4wheelerforChrist

Mar 2, 2004
Colorado
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Lutheran
Laurel Crowned said:
... not that anything is wrong with my current set of friends. They're actually pretty nifty. Think I'll keep 'em. I would like more though. I tend to be a late nighter and have found that CF has been a nice haven. I've entered into a couple of threads... but there mostly in the support section. I also want to touch base with people in a low key way. Somewhere I can connect with people who share my interest...

About me: I love Boggle, backgammon, and the beach. I've lived in Maui but I grew up in California. I've traveled around Europe and I've been a missionary with YWAM in the South Pacific. My favorite ice cream is vanilla slathered in chocolate sauce. I can't ride a bike to save my life. I'm afraid of spiders but not mice. My favorite food is BBQ and I think it should have it's own food group. I was in a sorority in college... and really wonder WHY??? I have 15 people in my immediate family... and my favorite color is orangeyellowandpink all together. Oh yeah, I like bowling but I use gutter guards. :)

Even if you have NOTHING in common with me I'd love to hear from you and about you.

Peace,
LC :wave:
Hey there Laurel,

Things we have in common, Well lets see. I've been to Maui and California, I've been to a few beaches in my life. I've played backgammon about 3 times. I have sung one of the Songs from the musical South Pacific, I eat ice cream in lots and lots of chocolate sauce, I own a bike I hardly ever get to ride, and I sometimes wish I could be a teacher, and of course we are Christian. Oh yah I almost forgot, we live on the same continent.

I too am looking for a few online friends that share my views and morals. I think having friends around the world is so much more possible now with the Internet/forums. And it makes the world seem alittle smaller.

Steve

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Steve,

Ice cream comrades unite! Ok... maybe not... but meeting other christians who share similiar interest was what I had in mind when I put my post. I let many of my hobbies fall by the wayside when I studied to get my teaching credential... so I figured hook up with people and see what's out there to do. I had a bike... many many moons ago. Fell off it over the handle bars... and that was all she wrote. I took ice skating lessons-- picture a bear on ice. Not very graceful. I was tempted to buy another backgammon game this morning because I've taught my students to play-- they're only 7 years old... so that tells you how desperate I am for good game.

So, Steve, what's you favorite beach in the whole world? What flavor ice cream do you like? How were you able to stop playing backgammon after only 3 games? What drew you to CF? How'd you find out about it I mean...

I'm on my lunch break so I want to check other stuff before the bell rings. Feel free to PM me.

Peace,
LC

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Laurel Crowned said:
Hey USincognito,

I went backpacking around Europe when I was in college. I went to Belgium, the Netherlands (Amsterdam), Germany (Munich), Austria, Spain (Barcelona), France (Marseilles? and Paris)... I did the whole youth hostel/eurail thing. It was grande fun. I won a trip to Norway/Denmark when I was in high school... but that was so long ago I can't really remember much. How long did you live in Germany and what was it like being a Military Brat?

LC

I couldn't possibly have had a more rewarding upbringing. I got to live in Massachusetts, Iran, Oklahoma, Michigan, Germany, Alabama and Texas. I met people from diverse ethnic, religious and national backgrounds. My parents thought travel was important so we took a lot of trips to many interesting places in North America and Europe.

I lived in Germany from 1981-1984 when I was in perfect formative years 13-16) to experience Europe without getting into trouble or not appreciating it. We spent two weeks in the Netherlands one year, and spent two weeks on the train seeing Norway, Sweden and Denmark. In 1984 we attended the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo. Me and my dad watched the Mehre brothers take gold and silver in the slalom and then raced across town to see the medal ceremony.

There was also little slices of Germany that I will never forget like all the Gasthauses we went to, Volksmarching with my dad on weekends, unique German foods and sodas availible on base, spending our Christmases in the beautiful alpine town of Berchesgarten skiing and so many other wonderful memories.

My memories of Germany are so meaningful to me that I keep in contact with several high school friends from that time, but none from my junior and senior year in Alabama. It's also quite humorous speaking to Army guys about Grafenwoehr, the base I lived on. It's a huge training area that, between winters cold and snow, and spring/falls rain and mud, can be absolutely miserable for soldiers. When I tell them that's where I was, they usually grimace, and when I tell them I was a dependant and loved it, they're incredulous.

Upvote 0

4wheelerforChrist

Mar 2, 2004
Colorado
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Lutheran
Laurel,

What's you favorite beach in the whole world?
As far as the ones I have been to my self.
My favorite beaches are along the Washington and Oregon cost. The large pentacles of rock are amazing. But the beaches on the back site of Kauai are pretty cool too.

What flavor ice cream do you like?
My favorite Ice cream is called Bunny tracks, it's vanilla ice cream with
chocolate and Carmel swirls and it also has peanut-butter balls covered in
chocolate. that's my fav right now. I also like chocolate chip Mint Ice cream with lots of chocolate sauce. My wife would say I am having some chocolate sauce with alittle Ice cream. ;)

How were you able to stop playing backgammon after only 3 games?
It's just one of those games we haven't played in a long time.

What drew you to CF? How'd you find out about it I mean...
A couple of things drew me to CF. One, I wanted to replace the old Christian forum that went belly up a few months ago, that I used to go to. Two, I just saw the Passion of the Christ. And I felt convicted to find a Christian forum again. I also had a few question about that movie. Three, meeting other Christians who share similar interest was what I had in mind too. So I did a search on Google for Christian Forums. And I found this place.

One other thing we have in common. I too flew off my bike over the handle bars. I broke my left Collar Bone doing that. That was 7 years ago.

Steve

Laurel Crowned said:
Hey Steve,

Ice cream comrades unite! Ok... maybe not... but meeting other christians who share similiar interest was what I had in mind when I put my post. I let many of my hobbies fall by the wayside when I studied to get my teaching credential... so I figured hook up with people and see what's out there to do. I had a bike... many many moons ago. Fell off it over the handle bars... and that was all she wrote. I took ice skating lessons-- picture a bear on ice. Not very graceful. I was tempted to buy another backgammon game this morning because I've taught my students to play-- they're only 7 years old... so that tells you how desperate I am for good game.

So, Steve, what's you favorite beach in the whole world? What flavor ice cream do you like? How were you able to stop playing backgammon after only 3 games? What drew you to CF? How'd you find out about it I mean...

I'm on my lunch break so I want to check other stuff before the bell rings. Feel free to PM me.

Peace,
LC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow... makes me envious. I grew up in South Central Los Angeles and pretty much stayed there until I escaped to UC Berkeley for college. My most memorable travels were when I was a missionary aboard a medical relief ship. Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu were countries I'd never even heard of until I went there...yet they were gorgeous in their simple life. The people were the friendliest people I've ever met in my life... and the ocean was the most vibrant colors I've ever seen.

I look back at those times with many memories. :)

So, Steve now that you're back in the US? What do you do? Are you military?

LC

Upvote 0

4wheelerforChrist

Mar 2, 2004
Colorado
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Lutheran
Laurel,
All the places/beaches I have seen were on vacations or on my honey moon. And nope I'm not military. I am a graphic artist/photographer/web designer. I live in Colorado and I am a native Colorado-in. I've lived in Colorado for most of my life. My Dad was in the Park Service and they moved around alot when I was little. They moved 13 time in one year. I don't know how they did that. I hate moving. In 1972 they settled back to Denver, Colorado.

I use to do some back packing in the mountains of Colorado. But right now I am going through a different season in my life. I have a 17 month old daughter and a baby boy due in May. So time is somewhat limited right now.

Steve

Laurel Crowned said:
Wow... makes me envious. I grew up in South Central Los Angeles and pretty much stayed there until I escaped to UC Berkeley for college. My most memorable travels were when I was a missionary aboard a medical relief ship. Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu were countries I'd never even heard of until I went there...yet they were gorgeous in their simple life. The people were the friendliest people I've ever met in my life... and the ocean was the most vibrant colors I've ever seen.

I look back at those times with many memories. :)

So, Steve now that you're back in the US? What do you do? Are you military?

LC

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
4wheelerforChrist said:
Laurel,
All the places/beaches I have seen were on vacations or on my honey moon. And nope I'm not military. I am a graphic artist/photographer/web designer. I live in Colorado and I am a native Colorado-in. I've lived in Colorado for most of my life. My Dad was in the Park Service and they moved around alot when I was little. They moved 13 time in one year. I don't know how they did that. I hate moving. In 1972 they settled back to Denver, Colorado.

I use to do some back packing in the mountains of Colorado. But right now I am going through a different season in my life. I have a 17 month old daughter and a baby boy due in May. So time is somewhat limited right now.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Oops... I was getting my responses mixed up... I was thinking I was responding to a post from USincognito. Shows what happens when I go online too early in the morning.

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your son. Have you and your wife picked out names already? When I was a girl growing up I had names picked out for all six of the children I hoped to someday have. They all had ridiculously long names... funny how now that I'm an adult I don't even want kids. How many kids do you and your wife hope to have??

LC

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
christianster said:
i'm 30 something too.. have wife, kid (working on another 1) and work 3 jobs....dats why i'm not on here a lot. but if i was single and had all the time in the world, this seems like the place to be to make new friends.

Hey C,

Congratulations on possible baby number 2. 3 jobs??? Goodnight. ... and yes, CF is a great place to meet new friends.

Peace,
LC :)

Upvote 0