Within the love of God and England
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I've had a couple of strange dreams in recent weeks.

In my first dream, I was sat at a table with some friends of mine. One of them however I was very wary of and they soon identified themself as being death. She was giving gifts to my friends in return for 'favours' i.e. their lives, but when she got to me, she refused to give me gifts spouting some sort of curse at me that sounded something like 'Death will not touch you, you will grow old and your beauty shall fade, but you will not die, you will see your friends wither and die...', after this I was stood on Canterbury city wall with my friend. Opposite the wall, across the main road (The platform of the wall is about 30-40 feet above the main road), there was a cafe, where death was sitting on a balcony, waving at my friend. My friend stepped up to try and jump off the wall to go to death, but I grabbed her and pulled her back. On the bridge of her nose was a speck of blood, I tried to tell her about this, but an old man pulled me back saying 'how dare you question her...' and a load of other ranty type things.

Now, according to a friend of mine, a speck on the nose represents God's wrath because of how they both sound similar in Hebrew. But the death persona in the dream was clearly evil and the Bible says that satan is the master of death, so I figure the old guy is satan. That was the end of the first dream.

Then 2 nights ago, I had another dream that definitely involved satan. I dreamed I was waiting for a flight with some other people. We were all at the airport waiting when satan looking like another old guy just appeared out of nowhere and attempted to shoot me, but I managed to pin him on the floor. I emptied his gun so he couldnt attempt to fight back. For some reason though I believed that it was merely satan inhabiting this guy, so I was like 'In the name of Jesus, leave him!' but all that happened is his eyes changed colour from blue to a hazel orange colour, and he was sort've gloating like 'do you think you can save my soul?!' etc

That was the end of the second dream.

Any thoughts?

Jan 4, 2011
Letchworth GC, England
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm not sure what this means, but I think it means you have Satan around you. With your friend and the speck, is she Christian? Has she ever sinned? And as for the last guy and the attempted shooting, perhaps it means you will try to save people from the burning lake of fire and brimstone in hell, and they will refuse to repent, or say they will and don't really believe, and you cannot save them. I don't know, this is just my perception on your dreams.

Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟47,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Have you had this type of dream before - i.e with someone you believe is symbolising satan or death and/or people cursing you?

Some background info may help with understanding the dream.

My gut feel is that it is not related to you personally, but I'll mention some possible family influences just in case.
Have you changed or started taking meds recently?

Have you had any of the following in your family line (parents, grandparents etc):
- new age / psychic involvement, occult practises or freemasonry
- suicide
- unusual premature deaths

If you have not had this type of dream before...
Have you recently had any of the following events happen:
- change of job
- change of home
- involvement in new social group/context
- new people move in close to where you are living
- new interest in a potential life partner

Is anything going on in Canterbury or near where you live around this time or soon like:
- new age festival
- psychics convention
- new shop opening with tribal artifacts or new age focus
- etc

Upvote 0

Fireoflife

Apr 10, 2007
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Firewater, none of them are particularly relevant to me, except maybe the last one, my (nearly) girlfriend's beliefs are mildly unconventional, but because of a lot of problems in her family life she feels abandoned by God and by her family to some extent.

Wayfaring man, I agree, God has told me that before so maybe just a reconfirmation of my place in things. Thanks for the help :)

Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟47,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Firewater, none of them are particularly relevant to me, except maybe the last one, my (nearly) girlfriend's beliefs are mildly unconventional, but because of a lot of problems in her family life she feels abandoned by God and by her family to some extent.

I think one good response from the dream would be to pray for this person's protection, & that the Lord would breathe hope & faith back into her heart & that she would respond in trusting in God's goodness.

I am not saying that this is the case for you, but sometimes we can unconsciously be looking to enter into a romantic relationship out of mercy or a desire to help someone; being more moved by compassion than the sense of a life partner. We can also consciously or unconsciously have an expectation or assumption that we can change a person, or that they will change. Changing people is of course is God's domain. Some people do change, but others can resist change in key areas like basic trust in God until their last breath.

Again, I am not saying this is the case for you & your potential girlfriend, but it might be worth asking the Lord to help you discern the thoughts & intents of your heart (Heb 4:12, Prov 20:27).

If you do this & you have a strong sense it is not the case, then you could proceed with more confidence & conviction. If after listening to God you believe it is the case, then it could save both of you from some heart-ache before you get too far down the track.

Upvote 0

Fireoflife

Apr 10, 2007
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I understand, I've been down that road before. This one is different though, I recognise my own heart well enough now to know how I feel about her.

Interestingly a girl randomly quoted Mark Twain yesterday and I think that quote might relate to these dreams. Apparently in one of his works he says something like 'And who will pray for the devil, because surely he needs salvation above all' or something like that, it just struck me as being significant.

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had a couple of strange dreams in recent weeks.

In my first dream, I was sat at a table with some friends of mine. One of them however I was very wary of and they soon identified themself as being death. She was giving gifts to my friends in return for 'favours' i.e. their lives, but when she got to me, she refused to give me gifts spouting some sort of curse at me that sounded something like 'Death will not touch you, you will grow old and your beauty shall fade, but you will not die, you will see your friends wither and die...', after this I was stood on Canterbury city wall with my friend. Opposite the wall, across the main road (The platform of the wall is about 30-40 feet above the main road), there was a cafe, where death was sitting on a balcony, waving at my friend. My friend stepped up to try and jump off the wall to go to death, but I grabbed her and pulled her back. On the bridge of her nose was a speck of blood, I tried to tell her about this, but an old man pulled me back saying 'how dare you question her...' and a load of other ranty type things.

Now, according to a friend of mine, a speck on the nose represents God's wrath because of how they both sound similar in Hebrew. But the death persona in the dream was clearly evil and the Bible says that satan is the master of death, so I figure the old guy is satan. That was the end of the first dream.

Then 2 nights ago, I had another dream that definitely involved satan. I dreamed I was waiting for a flight with some other people. We were all at the airport waiting when satan looking like another old guy just appeared out of nowhere and attempted to shoot me, but I managed to pin him on the floor. I emptied his gun so he couldnt attempt to fight back. For some reason though I believed that it was merely satan inhabiting this guy, so I was like 'In the name of Jesus, leave him!' but all that happened is his eyes changed colour from blue to a hazel orange colour, and he was sort've gloating like 'do you think you can save my soul?!' etc

That was the end of the second dream.

Any thoughts?

I think this was a self induced dream.. It sounds like you are very curious about the spiritual aspect.. and maybe in your spare time you research things.. that your curious about..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Upvote 0

Fireoflife

Apr 10, 2007
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Used to be curious about the spiritual aspect til I was attacked by something, and I research eschatology and a little bit about demonology, but demonology only really gets fielded when people I meet are having a bad time with the opposite side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Used to be curious about the spiritual aspect til I was attacked by something, and I research eschatology and a little bit about demonology, but demonology only really gets fielded when people I meet are having a bad time with the opposite side.

I think the seeking part of you is a good thing.. but, you have to apply that energy only in good places so that you can get the end result that your soul is looking for.. Your soul wants to grow and that's Godly... thats what God wants but, seek and research only the positive and goodness.. because there is where the truth is...

I am very spiritual... See and hear spiritually... sometimes you move into an area that is too soon for you or you just needed to take other avenues to get there... be patient with God and ask God to reveal... All is honored by the heart... and I can even see you want to learn so imagine what God sees..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Upvote 0