14-year-old New Jersey girl may get sex offender status for posting naked pictures on

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why is the prosecutor jealous? :p
Because no one wants pictures of him?

This is pure abuse of the sex offender register.

First off, I don't believe kids voluntarily sending pics of themselves to someone else to be as bad as someone else exploiting kids. They are doing a criminal act, but not as bad as child inappropriate content creators.

This is one of those crimes, that I think should disappear when she turns 18. It is ignorance of the law. We need to educate our children that they can't take pictures of themselves in anything less then swimwear coverage. Also we need to figure out how we can let kids be kids longer.
14 yr olds should not be thinking about taking off their clothes for someone. KIds grow up to fast.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it her age (the fact that she is posting naked pictures of a "child") that is the problem, or is it the act of posting the pictures no matter what age she is?

It sounds like it's the fact that she's a "child" that's the problem. But she's not being exploited, she's exploiting herself. She needs therapy, not jail.

And if any courts should be involved, it should be the family court, with perhaps some supervisory guardianship to make sure she is getting the therapy she needs.

Upvote 0