1260 day~1290 days~Tishri 1 to Tishri 10?

Is the counting of days{1260-1290}wrapped up in the feast days? From Tishri 1 to 10?

• Yes

• No

• Probably something like that

• O NO! Not the Moon!

Results are only viewable after voting.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
According to Acts 2:41, about 3,000 people responded to Peter’s call “to repent and be baptized.” The ritual immersion pools (miqva’ot) located around the southern and southwestern portions of the Temple Mount offer the only place in Jerusalem able to accommodate the ritual immersion of so many.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
When the temple stood, the Jewish people identified it as the dwelling place of God’s presence, His Holy Spirit. It makes perfect sense that the manifestation of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost would occur in relationship with the temple in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
According to Jewish tradition, God gave Moses the Torah on the festival of Pentecost which is probably why Luke identified so many similarities with Sinai like fire, wind, and language. All the events of Acts 2 occurred in a public setting and the only natural location for these events to take place was the temple in Jerusalem — the House of the Lord.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He never mentioned it.

RECONSTRUCTION of PRE-METONIC HEBREW CALENDAR
Copyright
©
E. C. Gedge

a ‘week’ of days (7 days)

a ‘moon’ (one month)

a ‘time’ (one year)

a ‘time, times and half a time’

a ‘week’ of years (7 years)

a ‘jubilee sabbath’ (49 years)

a ‘70-week jubilee’ (490 years)The ‘week of years’ was akin to our ‘decade’, and ‘jubilee’might be likened to our ‘century’, albeit shorter. The longer ‘70-week jubilee’ is alluded to in both Testaments (Daniel 9:24,Matt. 18:22) and is also mentioned in fragments of manu-scripts found among the Dead Sea Scrolls. (Scroll 11Q13)A ‘moon’ (lunar month) is typically 29 or 30 days, sowhen the year was completed it only reached 354 days, abouteleven days short of the Sun’s 365
/
day rotation. As a result,the year slipped back each season, and an extra (thirteenth)month had to be inserted every so often. It was added at the end of Adar, according to a sabbatical formula if my proposition iscorrect - not according to primitive observation of seasons as it isusually assumed to have been done.

The off setting of Abib and Nissan.
and so on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So are you saying that this year Tammuz [July 5th] will have a significant event trigger three weeks of sorrow for Israel?
No, that is divination.
I was speaking in a calculating sense.
I just found the 3 weeks of sorrow info. The tradition is new to me.
I was wondering if it is a subtraction of days to the count.
Meaning they are not observed on the calendar.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
No, that is divination.
I was speaking in a calculating sense.
I just found the 3 weeks of sorrow info. The tradition is new to me.
I was wondering if it is a subtraction of days to the count.
Meaning they are not observed on the calendar.
Fascinating in and of itself, but not significant to the current conversation. Could be worth discussing in its own thread though.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Exodus 26 King James Version (KJV)

1st set of instructions.

the 2 lampstands?

26 Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them.
2 The length of one curtain shall be eight and twenty cubits, and the breadth of one curtain four cubits: and every one of the curtains shall have one measure.
3 The five curtains shall be coupled together one to another; and other five curtains shall be coupled one to another.
4 And thou shalt make loops of blue upon the edge of the one curtain from the selvedge in the coupling; and likewise shalt thou make in the uttermost edge of another curtain, in the coupling of the second.
5 Fifty loops shalt thou make in the one curtain, and fifty loops shalt thou make in the edge of the curtain that is in the coupling of the second; that the loops may take hold one of another.
6 And thou shalt make fifty taches of gold, and couple the curtains together with the taches: and it shall be one tabernacle.

2 Lamp Stands again

15 And thou shalt make boards for the tabernacle of ****tim wood standing up.
16 Ten cubits shall be the length of a board, and a cubit and a half shall be the breadth of one board.
17 Two tenons shall there be in one board, set in order one against another: thus shalt thou make for all the boards of the tabernacle.
18 And thou shalt make the boards for the tabernacle, twenty boards on the south side southward.
19 And thou shalt make forty sockets of silver under the twenty boards; two sockets under one board for his two tenons, and two sockets under another board for his two tenons.
20 And for the second side of the tabernacle on the north side there shall be twenty boards:
21 And their forty sockets of silver; two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board.

North 2 and 20
Lamp Stand
40 Sockets of Silver

(1)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards
(2)7777 <curtain
-8tenons
-4 boards
(3)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards
(4)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards
(5)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards

South 2 and 20
Lamp Stand
40 Sockets of Silver

(1)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards
(2)7777 <curtain
-8tenons
-4 boards
(3)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards
(4)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards
(5)7777 <curtain
-8 tenons
-4 boards

4 And thou shalt make loops of blue upon the edge of the one curtain from the selvedge in the coupling; and likewise shalt thou make in the uttermost edge of another curtain, in the coupling of the second.

5 Fifty loops shalt thou make in the one curtain, and fifty loops shalt thou make in the edge of the curtain that is in the coupling of the second; that the loops may take hold one of another.

6 And thou shalt make fifty taches of gold, and couple the curtains together with the taches: and it shall be one tabernacle.
26 Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them.
3 colors 17 connections x50 so 75 taches of Gold?
7777 <curtain[vail]
-8 tenons is for the 8 phases of the Moon maybe.
-4 boards

Still trying to figure out how to put up an illustration. I have one on file

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Pin, when you make your post at the bottom right you see three blue boxes? 'Post reply', 'upload a file' and 'More options'

click 'upload a file' and it will open your libraries and you can find and choose your file there.
If you want more room to post hit 'More options' and there you will see the same three boxes, now located in the middle at the bottom of the posting field. :)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Dan 12:5 I heard and did not understand, so I said, ‘My Lord, what will be the outcome of these things?’ He said, ‘Go, Daniel, for these words are SECRET AND SEALED to the TIME OF THE END. Many will be purified and purged and refined; the wicked will act wickedly and none of the wicked will understand; but the knowledgeable will understand. From the time the regular offering is abolished, and an appalling abomination is set up -- it will be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Happy the one who waits and reaches one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.

There are several important factors in these three dates,
-they are end of days time frames
-it is the time when the abomination of desolation is set up
-it marks the end of time for this world
-Yom Kippur is the only time when "the adversary/Azazeal" is represented in feast services
- Fall feasts as seen in Revelation unfolding with each seal opened and each trumpet sounding.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yes, I think you are on to something significant here. The 1260 and 1290 days seem to be part of an ancient calendar formula. Here is a paper on it that might interest you.

https://www.academia.edu/8989370/Reconstruction_of_Pre-Metonic_Hebrew_Calendar
There is something interesting in this article. He mentions that in the dead sea scrolls, the debate concerning changes to the biblical calendar and the current Hebrew calendar used throughout Judaism may have a link to the prophecy in the Book of Jubilees.

Jubilees 6:33-37 All the children of Israel will forget and will not find the path of the years and will forget the new moons, and seasons, and Sabbaths, and they will WRONGLY determine all the order of the years. FOR THIS REASON the years will come upon them WHEN THEY DISTURB THE ORDER. ... they will go wrong as to the months and Sabbaths and feasts and Jubilees.

The Essenes of Qumran's scrolls indicate that the 364 day solar year was divisible by seven and they believed it to be the original system founded by Enoch.

Upvote 0

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
visionary said:
"Jubilees 6:33-37 All the children of Israel will forget and will not find the path of the years and will forget the new moons, and seasons, and Sabbaths, and they will WRONGLY determine all the order of the years. FOR THIS REASON the years will come upon them WHEN THEY DISTURB THE ORDER. ... they will go wrong as to the months and Sabbaths and feasts and Jubilees."

Hi Visionary,

Yes, the reference from the book of Jubilees is very interesting. However, there is a problem with the 364-day system put forward by the Qumran community. It cannot be made to fit with our known solar year of 365.242 days.

I have come to the conclusion that the Essenes were aware that changes had been made to the original Hebrew calendar, and were trying to rediscover it. They were also aware that it had to have a Sabbatical formula - hence the above quote. But that does not mean to say that they got it right.

If you would like to read some informative stuff on this subject, may I recommend this book here: The readers edition is not expensive, and I think you will like it.

Upvote 0

Mockingbird0

Mimus polyglottos
Feb 28, 2012
Between Broken Bow and Black Mesa
✟17,994.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
As I read, the article linked above describes a system in which 173 lunar months are equated to 14 solar years.

The 1000 BC value of the Spring equinox tropical year was about 365.24225 days.
The 1000 BC value of the synodic lunar month was around 29.530598 days.

173 lunar months of 29.530598 days contains 5108.793454 days.

14 years of 365.24225 days contains 5113.3915 days

The difference is 4.598 days in 14 years.

A metonic cycle equates 235 lunar months to 19 solar years.

235 lunar months in 1000 BC contained 6939.69053 days.

19 years of 365.24225 days contains 6939.60275 days.

The difference is .08778 days in 19 years.

The metonic did not exist in 1000 BC, but it would have been more accurate than the scheme proposed in the article linked above.

Have I misunderstood the article?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mockingbird0

Mimus polyglottos
Feb 28, 2012
✟17,994.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
The "overlap" is a mere distraction. But I see that I did mis-read the article. Instead of equating 173 lunar months with 14 solar years, the scheme equates 606 lunar months with 49 solar years. Repeating the computation for this scheme gives:

The 1000 BC value of the Spring equinox tropical year was about 365.24225 days.
The 1000 BC value of the synodic lunar month was around 29.530598 days.

606 synodic lunar months contain 17895.54239 days.
49 Spring equinox tropical years contain 17896.87025 days.

The difference is 1.32786 days in 49 years. The implied tropical year in 606 synodic lunar months is 17895.54239/49 = 365.2151508 days, which is a bit short. Fixed dates in this lunar calendar would slowly drift to earlier in their seasons, in the same way that fixed dates in the Rabbinic calendar are slowly drifting to later in their seasons.

For the metonic cycle:

235 synodic lunar months contain 6939.69053 days.
19 Spring equinox tropical years contain 6939.60275 days.

The difference is .08778 days in 19 years.
This is equivalent to .22638 days in 49 years.

The metonic cycle is still more accurate.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A 7 years cycle with 1260 days to the first half, and 1290 for the second half is to say that you need a 7 year cycle with 86 moons, not 87 moons.

Is the language being spoken in these counts of days in 1260 to 1290 is to say,'' From the feast of trumpets of Tishrei 1 to the day of Atonement Tishrei 10.''

Within this 7 year cycle, blood moons must occur.

Not just any 7 years will do, it has to be a 7 year cycle with 86 moons and there must be blood moons.

For instance, 2014 to 2021 would work exactly but I'm not saying anything about 2014, just showing an example.

But is this is what is being relayed in talking about 1260 days and 42 months?

Is it a 7 year cycle that would begin on the feast of Trumpets Tishrei 1, and would end on the day of atonement 7 years later on Tishrei 10.?

I often think that we aren't looking for a 7 year interval, and the reason for showing 3 and a half years, or 42 months is to show the plan in a walk with God. We can see a plan when looking at older figures in Elijah for instance. The 3 and a half years of Elijah, and then he stepped up on the stage and was destined to go all the way to death, but he ran.

Then Jesus had his 3 and a half years, I think its a plan whereby a person suddenly becomes of age, and that age is 30 years old no matter how old his physical body is. But at some point, he begins to walk, and first he is a prophet, and then a priest, but to be a king it seems, is to die.

But these are just wandering thoughts, like this subject is to show a plan and how to begin a walk that leads all the way to death.

I found this Tishri 1 to Tishri 10 someplace but I don't remember now, just wondered if anyone had heard of it, and if anyone can add or take away from it.

Wrong "days" because they are yamim-hours. First half of the year is 180 days, (Esther 1:4), second half is 184 days, (for a total of 364). There is a shabu`iym-week of seven yamim-hours in each and every day, (from the third hour of the day up to the tenth hour of the day).

7 Yamim x 180 Yom = 1260 Yamim
7 Yamim x 184 Yom = 1288 Yamim (two hours shy of 1290)

Wrong "days" and wrong length of the year, (364 days).
Are you still around, Hanni, my old friend? :)

Upvote 0

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mockingbird0 said:
The "overlap" is a mere distraction. But I see that I did mis-read the article. Instead of equating 173 lunar months with 14 solar years, the scheme equates 606 lunar months with 49 solar years.

No. The scheme equates 600 lunar months with 48.5 solar years. The count started on the 1st of Nisan and ended on the 10th of Tishri in the 49th year - the literal day that Jubilee was announced. This spanned 17719 days. Divide that figure by the synodic lunar month and see what you get.

(See the last section G. and also the diagram in section F)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mockingbird0

Mimus polyglottos
Feb 28, 2012
✟17,994.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
No. The scheme equates 600 lunar months with 48.5 solar years. The count started on the 1st of Nisan and ended on the 10th of Tishri in the 49th year - the literal day that Jubilee was announced.
I find errors in this statement, but I am not allowed to debate on this board, so if you want to continue the discussion, you must message me privately.

Upvote 0