USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Most people even over 25 can't afford to do that.
2. *looks at economy* Yeah... right...
3. *looks at divorce numbers in the past decade* See above.
4. Judging by many of the posts I see on here, a good majority don't care about family and friends.
5. Most people need some, and most people can't afford it.
6. Probably the only relevant thing on this list. Everyone should have at least one, but most people already think they know it all these days.
7. With the decline in religion we're seeing across the world, that's a bit of an odd one.
8. See above.
9. A nice idea, but seeing as many people are forced to work multiple jobs to make ends meet, it's not really all that possible for most.
10. Sure, that would be nice, but most people can't afford the food or the time.
11. Again, a good idea, but most people, especially at that age, can't afford the time to do it because there are so many bills to pay.

Yes, a totally pessimistic response, but the list was incredibly unrealistic in today's modern world. Very few people have the time or the money to spare, people are losing faith in everything. Things are looking very bleak out there for many as we continue to push further and further into a hole, and the bad thing is that it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1. Yep. I enjoy my work.

2. I have a fixed rate mortgage and a no interest car loan. Not too worried about that.

3. Hah! Me. Date?

4. Yes, I visit my parents a lot.

5. Been there, done that. Meh.

6. Yeah, that's my dad.

7. I am. But work makes it hard.

8. Yep.

9. If I thought it would accomplish something, I might.

10. I do.

11. Yep, well, I'm due for another raise in a few months. I'll stick around.

Upvote 0

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really liked that article, thanks for sharing!

1: Special education teacher! LOVE IT!
2: See above! haha!
3: Happily Married, but it wasn't rushed. We dated 8 years before getting married 18 months ago.
4: I'm very close with my family and my in-laws.
5: Had a little bit. Helped a lot.
6: Mentor? My dad. He was a special ed. teacher, director of special ed, and one of my college professors on learning disabilities, differentiation, and special education law
7: My wife and I finally found a church to call home, but we can't afford the gas to get there, so we watch their webcasts. :) Thank you 21st century technology!
8: This one ties in with #7 above.
9: I'm currently working on many projects for two local aircraft museums to help document oral histories for vets.
10: Working on my culinary skills, thanks to my awesome wife!
11: I never look back. I've always felt that the time I'm in is the best time of life. Bring it on, future!

Upvote 0
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1. You Have Time to Find a Job You Love

Yeah right. I can't even find a job. There are none around me that I can get to since I don't know how to drive.

2. Get Out of Debt and Stay Out of Debt

The problem here is I don't have enough income for even basics, like say, toilet paper? Washing my clothes? Food? I ran out of money before food stamps came in; I do every month because I'm allergic to a lot of cheap foods (gluten, corn, soy, dairy, chicken, pork, and rice). With only $20 left each month after basic bills, I have to rely on my cards just to eat because the church food pantry sure doesn't ever get foods I can eat!

3. Don’t Rush Dating and Marriage

Well, I'm already married.
4. Give Your Best to Friends and Family

What friends? And my family locked me into my bedroom, feeding me through a dog door just so I didn't have a chance to live my life the way I wanted to. 5. Get Some Counseling

Can't afford it.

Not even going to waste my time to read the rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 29, 2011
Bolton, Ontario
✟8,188.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
I absolutely love the section on volunteering. I volunteer as much as I can and find it to be an extremely rewarding activity. It always ends up being worth more than whatever I have to give up in order to volunteer.

No truer words, my friend

Upvote 0