Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Kind of shocked Kentucky make the list considering the demographics of Louisville, although I suppose that's just a minor part of the state. Interesting information though. Indiana would probably be on there too if not for the areas around Chicago.
I live in Louisville. It's really not like the rest of the state. Are you in Louisville, too?

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What I specifically have noticed change is middle class neighborhoods that are diverse and churches that are diverse - and much less acceptance of racism among young people. I do not doubt someone from NYC and NJ would have a different perspective.
I am from the Northeast too and yes...NC has some very diverse areas. Many of the younger people are quite progressive.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Kinda boring, I'd think. Like where would you go in Wyoming for authentic Thai, or Korean, or Northern Indian cuisine? And I guess finding real, home-cooked soul food in Idaho is out of the question.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kinda boring, I'd think. Like where would you go in Wyoming for authentic Thai, or Korean, or Northern Indian cuisine? And I guess finding real, home-cooked soul food in Idaho is out of the question.
I know what you mean...I try to eat a different cuisine everyday of the week.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Curious, where did you live in NC and when? I am currently in the Triad area, for what that's worth. I have lived in the state for about 45 years. I've seen a lot of change for the positive, but would not assume at all that is the case across all of the state. What I specifically have noticed change is middle class neighborhoods that are diverse and churches that are diverse - and much less acceptance of racism among young people. I do not doubt someone from NYC and NJ would have a different perspective.
I was in the Piedmont Triad, Winston-Salem. To me I could see things were diverse, but the city was clearly split with a white side and a black side.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think it's troubling?

Haven't you heard? White people are evil. They all hold and express views such as this:

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Haven't you heard? White people are evil. They all hold and express views such as this:

Unless they go looking for this video they will never see it, and if for some reason they do it will be dismissed as a trick from the Republican party...

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
12963540_1003764532992103_5199342315663271325_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Probably becames most Americans believe in personal responsiiblit, IE, what somebody did 100 years ago isn't my fault because I did not do it. Thus, I shouldn't suffer the consequences of their evils. Might explain why the post modern american mind has a hard time understanding the concept of original sin, since Adam did it and not them.

The idea of fixing a problem they did not cause is foreign to most americans. which is why most walk by trash in the streets instead of picking it up and throwing it away. "I didn't put it there why should I have to pick it up?"

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Probably becames most Americans believe in personal responsiiblit, IE, what somebody did 100 years ago isn't my fault because I did not do it. Thus, I shouldn't suffer the consequences of their evils. Might explain why the post modern american mind has a hard time understanding the concept of original sin, since Adam did it and not them.

The idea of fixing a problem they did not cause is foreign to most americans. which is why most walk by trash in the streets instead of picking it up and throwing it away. "I didn't put it there why should I have to pick it up?"

What problem needs to be fixed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

The government should just go into Singapore mode and impose heavy fines for littering. Before you know it, clean streets!

But thanks for your explanation, you made some good points.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am from the Northeast too and yes...NC has some very diverse areas. Many of the younger people are quite progressive.
Aren't younger people (in general) more progressive than the average person anyway? That is, until they grow older and gain some sense about the real world.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You don't need massively diverse populations to have that haha

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0