Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't recall any scripture that tells us to pray with our eyes closed or for that matter kneeling with our hands folded. Perhaps we don't know how to "pray without ceasing" because we don't how to pray.

Would you care to elaborate?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would you care to elaborate?

Thank you kindly.

Praying without ceasing requires breaking out of form and ritual otherwise it's not realistic. The Bible does not teach the posture of prayer yet you could fill a library on books on the subject today.

Perhaps we are too focused on the posture that we have lost the skills of prayer outside of ritual to understand how to pray without ceasing. This then begs the question do we really know how to pray to begin with?

Posture is a pagan mindset and does not only not help our prayer but it can lead to counter-gospel values as we can start to believe that because my form was perfect my prayer was better heard. We should focus on the posture of our heart not of our knees.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying without ceasing requires breaking out of form and ritual otherwise it's not realistic. The Bible does not teach the posture of prayer yet you could fill a library on books on the subject today.

Perhaps we are too focused on the posture that we have lost the skills of prayer outside of ritual to understand how to pray without ceasing. This then begs the question do we really know how to pray to begin with?

Posture is a pagan mindset and does not only not help our prayer but it can lead to counter-gospel values as we can start to believe that because my form was perfect my prayer was better heard. We should focus on the posture of our heart not of our knees.
posture of our heart
That's quite profound, thank you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Unless pride is preventing us from getting on our knees, then we most definitely should get down on our knees... right then, do not wait... and stay there till it is no longer an issue...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen.. praying always in and about ALL things. So ..yes we dont have to be on our knees all the time praying. I do personally believe we should take the time every day to before Him for more then 1-15min a day. But .. if HE is IN US.. then we should as I see it read it.. always be talking to Him..

Man He is there when we fall asleep and we say what? We wake and He is right there. We go to school work or with family what ever and.. how many times do we ..to this friend.. this brother.. this savior this GOD say nothing at all. Day in day out.

So.. always be talking.. praying.. thanking Him.

Upvote 0