Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After years of reading Christian comments, I have found that the God one knows is a reflection of one's heart. If you are an angry person, you talk a lot of the OT. Your God destroys evil cities and floods the world. in the NT, you focus on Jesus' harsh rebukes. The take away from the adutress about to be stoned: Go and sin no more! This God's focus is on sin, and complete obedience. Love only comes in the tough love flavor of stern disciplining.

If you believe un respecting view, beliefs, cultures different than yours, you have a God of mercy, kindness, and forgiveness who tells you to love your neihhbor as yourself.

I find trying to put God into words rather difficult: a being? physical being? a spirit? an old man in a white robe and big long beard? Energy?

And as i discussed this once online, someone used the pronoun she. Some Christians were very adamant that God the Father is male. I said that God is probably both, being all things. Again, the insisted he is male, not taking into account the patriarchal society the writers of the Bible lived in.

I said, "you believe the father has a human body, and a penis?"

This caused a great sense of "Well I never..." When the doctor delivers a baby, he looks at the genitals, and declares male or female. Not sure why gender would matter so much.
Perhaps consider the subject of the OP. What you describe would be idolatry.

Upvote 0