Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
EDITORIAL: While U.S. politicians of all stripes maneuver to score points for their side on the humanitarian disaster that is immigration, the Catholic Church’s perspective stands out and is more sensible than many people realize.

Evidently, Joe Biden is not taking Cardinal Timothy Dolan’s phone calls about the nation’s worsening migrant crisis, but perhaps he should.

If nothing else, the Catholic president who vowed to make enforcement of U.S. immigration laws more humane should enlist the New York cardinal’s prayer support to help him find a way out of the humanitarian disaster his administration has negligently allowed to unfold at our southern border.

There were more than 2.3 million border patrol “encounters” at the southern border in fiscal year 2023, and 3.2 million nationwide, a staggering tally that approaches the number of annual U.S. births. This past December alone saw more than 300,000 migrant encounters at the southern border. That’s an average of 10,000 per day and the highest monthly total ever recorded.

The impact of this surge is being felt in communities large and small across the U.S. New York City, where Cardinal Dolan lives, has spent billions of dollars to provide basic services to the more than 130,000 migrants who wound up there last year, some 60,000 of whom are still under the city’s care.

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
EDITORIAL: While U.S. politicians of all stripes maneuver to score points for their side on the humanitarian disaster that is immigration, the Catholic Church’s perspective stands out and is more sensible than many people realize.

Evidently, Joe Biden is not taking Cardinal Timothy Dolan’s phone calls about the nation’s worsening migrant crisis, but perhaps he should.

If nothing else, the Catholic president who vowed to make enforcement of U.S. immigration laws more humane should enlist the New York cardinal’s prayer support to help him find a way out of the humanitarian disaster his administration has negligently allowed to unfold at our southern border.

There were more than 2.3 million border patrol “encounters” at the southern border in fiscal year 2023, and 3.2 million nationwide, a staggering tally that approaches the number of annual U.S. births. This past December alone saw more than 300,000 migrant encounters at the southern border. That’s an average of 10,000 per day and the highest monthly total ever recorded.

The impact of this surge is being felt in communities large and small across the U.S. New York City, where Cardinal Dolan lives, has spent billions of dollars to provide basic services to the more than 130,000 migrants who wound up there last year, some 60,000 of whom are still under the city’s care.

Continued below.
Of course Biden does not care what the Church says. He married Jill [freshly divorced and no paper work done] outside the Church and receives the Eucharist.
He pushes abortion etc...

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Charity is not charity but taxes are theft so we can no longer give to charity and the government mishandles, misuses our resources.

Criminals, pedophiles, terrorists, rapists, and as St Paul stated... 'Do not eat another man's bread' and IF someone never worked to put into the system, they come here stocking their carts and going to free housing and our people are drowning in inflation, poverty, eventual homelessness and sitting on wait lists to get housing, vets not getting good care. The list grows and grows.

It's just wrong wrong wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Charity is not charity but taxes are theft so we can no longer give to charity and the government mishandles, misuses our resources.

Criminals, pedophiles, terrorists, rapists, and as St Paul stated... 'Do not eat another man's bread' and IF someone never worked to put into the system, they come here stocking their carts and going to free housing and our people are drowning in inflation, poverty, eventual homelessness and sitting on wait lists to get housing, vets not getting good care. The list grows and grows.

It's just wrong wrong wrong.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I read the highlighted 'series of demands' in his blog and I am confused what he is trying to say. He's saying the Bishops are back and forth... I do not think he read it? Or ?? huh?

The militarization of borders has also been the subject of criticism by the bishops, who pointed out “the abuse of authority, arbitrary detentions, and separation of families” due to this situation.​
The prelates clarified that the “Church does not advocate open borders but rather laws that respect basic human rights.”​
“Governments must create laws that include both a secure border and a humane immigration policy. We do not encourage illegal or undocumented migration, but rather we advocate for legal avenues for migration,” they said.​

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Evidently Biden and Governor Abbott are leveling broadsides at each other:

Biden Administration Demands Texas Reopen Border Access Amid Tensions​

Biden can kiss my ... toenail.

All the money Hunter made off Ukraine ought to pay for the migrants.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0