Visit site
✟296,480.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Not being rude, but to take the word Israel out of the actual context of the book of Hosea is 100% Eisegesis.
Hoses is Prophesying to the true Israelites, to the Overcomers for God, not the motley lot of the ethnic Israelis.

Redemption and then restoration:
Isaiah 41:1 - Keep silent before Me you coasts and islands, let the peoples renew their strength. Let them draw near, let them speak up, then: together we shall go to the place of judgement. Isaiah 49:1-6

Five steps are mentioned here by the prophet; keep silent – When ancient Israel migrated from their captivity in Assyria, they remained hidden until they regained their strength. Then, let them come near : awaken to the true gospel, evangelism from John Wycliffe to Billy Graham, etc.

Let them speak : proclaim the good news around the world, our missionary activity.

Still to come is ‘Let us meet in the place of judgement’ Ezekiel 20:34-38, Isaiah 41:8-9. God will soon call His people back to the Land, all the faithful Christians from every nation; Jews and Gentiles, but mainly descendants of the House of Israel, the people Jesus came to save; Matthew 13:24, where the administration of His commandments and ordinance’s will be restored. Ezekiel 36:27, Ezekiel 44:23-24

Deuteronomy 4:27, Jeremiah 3:8 The original chosen people were divorced from God and sent into exile for their sins. This is for a decreed period only. Ezekiel 4:4-6

Then God gave Ezekiel a vision of a valley full of dry bones;

Ezekiel 37:11 These bones represent the whole house of Israel [now; every Christian believer] They say: our hope is gone, we are cut off. [from God] Jeremiah 50:6
Ezekiel 37:9-10 The Lord God says: let the winds [Gods Spirit] come and breath into the slain [dead to the Spirit] that they might live. They came to life and stood up: a mighty company! [of born again Christians] Romans 9:24-26

Ezekiel 37:12-13 I will bring you up from your graves [our present condition] and restore you to the Land of Israel. Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 66:18b-21, Jeremiah 50:4-5

Through Isaiah, God gives a message to Israel, identifying them as a people who have lost the knowledge of their origin and forgotten their ancestors. Isaiah 49:21
Isaiah 51:1-2 Listen to Me, all you who know the Law [the common Judeo-Christian Law of our countries] You who seek the Lord [Christian peoples] consider your origin, where you came from- Abraham and Sarah are your parents. I blessed them and now you are their offspring. Romans 8:14, Ephesians 2:11-18
God is looking forward to the day when the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus is completed. Isaiah 50 & 51, Colossians 1:11-12 In His sacrifice all who believe in Him are redeemed and salvation is available to all who accept Him, repent and acknowledge His Atonement for their sins.

In Psalms 107, Ezekiel 34 & 36, Jeremiah 30 & 31, Isaiah 35 & 66:18-21, and others, the prophets tell the story of how the Lord’s righteous people; faithful Christians are gathered, redeemed and settled into the Promised Land.

The great national awakening of all Israelites, natural and grafted in, is symbolically represented as life from the dead, for through the Resurrection of Jesus, God demonstrated His power and is enabled to do this:
Ezekiel 37:14 I shall put My spirit into you and you will live. [a true Godly life] Thus you will know that I, the Lord has acted and spoken. Isaiah 44:1-3, Joel 2:28

And in Ezekiel 37:26-28 I shall make an everlasting covenant with Israel. [The New Covenant, 2 Corinthians 3:6]

My sanctuary will be in their midst, I will be their God and they will be My people. Revelation 7:9

The Glory of God will be present in the new Temple, built by His faithful people from far away; Zechariah 6:15, as in ancient times. Ezekiel 43:2

The Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign will come after all that is prophesied to occur before that glorious Day, has taken place. Proved by how it is by the Lord’s great actions, that we know He has helped us.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hoses is Prophesying to the true Israelites, to the Overcomers for God, not the motley lot of the ethnic Israelis.

Redemption and then restoration:
Isaiah 41:1 - Keep silent before Me you coasts and islands, let the peoples renew their strength. Let them draw near, let them speak up, then: together we shall go to the place of judgement. Isaiah 49:1-6

Five steps are mentioned here by the prophet; keep silent – When ancient Israel migrated from their captivity in Assyria, they remained hidden until they regained their strength. Then, let them come near : awaken to the true gospel, evangelism from John Wycliffe to Billy Graham, etc.

Let them speak : proclaim the good news around the world, our missionary activity.

Still to come is ‘Let us meet in the place of judgement’ Ezekiel 20:34-38, Isaiah 41:8-9. God will soon call His people back to the Land, all the faithful Christians from every nation; Jews and Gentiles, but mainly descendants of the House of Israel, the people Jesus came to save; Matthew 13:24, where the administration of His commandments and ordinance’s will be restored. Ezekiel 36:27, Ezekiel 44:23-24

Deuteronomy 4:27, Jeremiah 3:8 The original chosen people were divorced from God and sent into exile for their sins. This is for a decreed period only. Ezekiel 4:4-6

Then God gave Ezekiel a vision of a valley full of dry bones;

Ezekiel 37:11 These bones represent the whole house of Israel [now; every Christian believer] They say: our hope is gone, we are cut off. [from God] Jeremiah 50:6
Ezekiel 37:9-10 The Lord God says: let the winds [Gods Spirit] come and breath into the slain [dead to the Spirit] that they might live. They came to life and stood up: a mighty company! [of born again Christians] Romans 9:24-26

Ezekiel 37:12-13 I will bring you up from your graves [our present condition] and restore you to the Land of Israel. Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 66:18b-21, Jeremiah 50:4-5

Through Isaiah, God gives a message to Israel, identifying them as a people who have lost the knowledge of their origin and forgotten their ancestors. Isaiah 49:21
Isaiah 51:1-2 Listen to Me, all you who know the Law [the common Judeo-Christian Law of our countries] You who seek the Lord [Christian peoples] consider your origin, where you came from- Abraham and Sarah are your parents. I blessed them and now you are their offspring. Romans 8:14, Ephesians 2:11-18
God is looking forward to the day when the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus is completed. Isaiah 50 & 51, Colossians 1:11-12 In His sacrifice all who believe in Him are redeemed and salvation is available to all who accept Him, repent and acknowledge His Atonement for their sins.

In Psalms 107, Ezekiel 34 & 36, Jeremiah 30 & 31, Isaiah 35 & 66:18-21, and others, the prophets tell the story of how the Lord’s righteous people; faithful Christians are gathered, redeemed and settled into the Promised Land.

The great national awakening of all Israelites, natural and grafted in, is symbolically represented as life from the dead, for through the Resurrection of Jesus, God demonstrated His power and is enabled to do this:
Ezekiel 37:14 I shall put My spirit into you and you will live. [a true Godly life] Thus you will know that I, the Lord has acted and spoken. Isaiah 44:1-3, Joel 2:28

And in Ezekiel 37:26-28 I shall make an everlasting covenant with Israel. [The New Covenant, 2 Corinthians 3:6]

My sanctuary will be in their midst, I will be their God and they will be My people. Revelation 7:9

The Glory of God will be present in the new Temple, built by His faithful people from far away; Zechariah 6:15, as in ancient times. Ezekiel 43:2

The Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign will come after all that is prophesied to occur before that glorious Day, has taken place. Proved by how it is by the Lord’s great actions, that we know He has helped us.
Keras… No. You abrogate. We are finished discussing this. Your cup is full of your own wisdom.

You wouldn’t read through Hosea the way a broken hearted groom knows Hosea. There is a soul within scripture that God Imbued it with. It is His soul. The Scriptures testify of Him.

Your intellect is superior to mine. Your cleverness is greater than mine.

God showed me Hosea at a special time of misery within my life.

I identified with Hosea. I understood God’s heart (1 Cor 2:16) as I read each word of the book. The Holy Spirit brought me to wrenching tears… and my Marriage ended.

No, Keras… Your scriptural music is beautiful… But, it just doesn’t have that soul. I just don’t hear the blues.

No

- Grip

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟310,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do we not all reside under human kings?
We do, but as Jesus said at Caesarea, the church was to represent ONLY truth from God and His Kingdom as a contrast to the ways of man. Man sold out the Kingdom and made Christianity over in our own image, using God rather than changing ourselves to represent Him.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We do, but as Jesus said at Caesarea, the church was to represent ONLY truth from God and His Kingdom as a contrast to the ways of man. Man sold out the Kingdom and made Christianity over in our own image, using God rather than changing ourselves to represent Him.
Does your heart involve itself with Human politics?

“Then why do they assume elections mean anything for them. Breadcrumb here, breadcrumb there, while al the real action lies among the elites”

I agree that Man attempts to mold God into his image.

What I’m saying is… We are commissioned to Love our enemies.

Timithyu, My heart is burdened for “The Jewish Widow”. Perhaps God doesn’t feel that you need that burden… and your burdens are elsewhere…. But remember that it was Satan that possessed Judas… to turn Christ over to the evil powers of twisted Religious representatives that did exactly what you speak of.

All Love in Jesus to you, Timithyu

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟310,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But remember that it was Satan that possessed Judas… to turn Christ over to the evil powers of twisted Religious representatives that did exactly what you speak of.
Imagine if he hadn't

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟93,985.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not hate anybody, but God does, Romans 9:13. Todays Jews have the heart of Esau.
If you believe Israel as we know it, will be redeemed and converted to Christianity, you just haven't understood what the Prophets have told us.
The prophets told us God will save one third of Israel, read Zechariah 12 &13.

In Hosea, although God divorces His wife Israel, God takes her back; Hosea 2: 19 And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. 20 I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord.

I also recommend reading Romans 11.

And lastly, Jeremiah 31 31-40.

God has plans with Israel, whether you like it or not.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟93,985.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Winner
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,480.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The prophets told us God will save one third of Israel, read Zechariah 12 &13.
Zech 13:9 does not say that 1/3 will be saved. You read scripture with pre-conceived beliefs. Bad you!
That verse says the 1/3 will be passed thru fire and the dross removed. What normally happens to the dross; the surface scum; Ivan?
We know from Romans 9:27 and many other OT prophesies, that only a Jewish remnant will be saved.
The Church has not replaced Israel. God has plans with Israel.
He sure does! Here are some of them:

Over the 20 centuries since the time of Jesus Christ’s first coming to earth, the Jewish people have suffered terrible persecutions, pogroms and discrimination.
This fulfils several prophecies – that the Jews will be a curse and objects of derision in the world.
Jeremiah 17:1-4 The sins of Judah are recorded on their hearts, the fire of My anger will burn forever.

Ezekiel 21:2-7 Son of man, set your face toward Jerusalem and prophesy against the Land of Israel. I shall draw My sword to cut off everyone from South to North.
I will make away with both the righteous and wicked, My sword will be drawn against everyone from the Negev northward. All courage will fail – it will surely take place.

Ezekiel 21:10-14 A sword is sharpened for the slaughter, polished to flash like lightning.
Should we rejoice in the sceptre of Judah? No, the sword condemns the Rod of My Son. Cry and wail for it falls on My people – all your rulers will be killed.

Testing will surely come – what if the sceptre of Judah, which the sword despises, does not continue? Swing the sword three times, the great sword of slaughter.

Verse 14 is highly significant, as it foretells three judgements of the Jewish people:

1/ The Babylonian conquest in 585BC.
2/ The revolt against the Romans, Maccabees to AD 70, when millions were killed.
3/ The final gathering and judgement of the Jewish people in the Land, by the Lord Himself.

At the trial of Jesus, the Jews said in; Matthew 27:25 His blood be on us and our children. In the parable of the King and his servants, Luke 19:14 ..his subjects hated him and said “We don’t want this man to be our King
Luke 19:27 As for those enemies of Mine that did not want Me for a King, bring them here ( into the Land, as in 1948 ) and slaughter them in My presence.

Matthew 21:38-43 The parable of the vineyard - The wicked tenants said; This is the Heir, come – let us kill him and get the inheritance. The King will bring those criminals to justice and destroy them. He will then rent the vineyard to righteous tenants.
Therefore the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you
, ( Jews ) and given to a people who will bear the proper fruit. (Faithful Christians)

Ezekiel 16:35-62 The Lord is saying how He rescued and tended Judah, but her depraved conduct surpassed even that of her sisters, Samaria ( Israel ) and Sodom;
Therefore, you prostitute, because of your brazen excesses, I shall assemble all those around you - whom you loved. I shall bring you to trial for adultery and murder.
When I hand you over to them, they will strip you naked. They will punish you with stones and swords, burn down your houses and execute judgement in the sight of many women. You surpassed the sins of your sisters, Samaria and Sodom.

Judah, judged and punished, in the next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal devastation of the entire Middle East. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Isaiah 22:1-14
Jeremiah 8:3 The Lord says to the leaders of Judah; You will be as dung spread over the ground. This wicked race would rather die than live. Isaiah 22:14, Luke 19:27

Jeremiah 18:1-10 The Potter and the clay.
v6 House of Israel, I will remould you as a potter would a spoilt pot.
Israel, the Northern 10 tribes, are to be ‘remoulded’. Ezekiel 36:25-28

Jeremiah 19:3 Proclaim to the leaders and citizens of Judah.
v11 I shall smash this people as an earthen vessel is smashed beyond repair. There will be no room left to bury them.

In the land of Israel today, 42% of the Jewish population are secular ( atheist ) 25% believe in God, but do not actively worship Him and 12% practice Judaism, 8% are the ultra orthodox Haredi Jews. In all the amazing things that have happened to the Jews since 1948 – their resettlement, restored language and wars won, they still do not acknowledge Gods hand in their affairs. He has helped them, for the reason that they are a part of His originally chosen people, but their continued rejection of Jesus and their sinful ways will result in their being virtually wiped out on the Lord’s Day of wrath. Only a remnant will survive in Jerusalem. Isaiah 6:11-13, Isaiah 29:1-4, Romans 9:27

The eventual restoration of a Jewish remnant, in their shame and humiliation. Ezekiel 16:63, Romans 9:27

Psalms 69:36 The children of those who serve Him will inherit the Land and those who love His name will live there. Psalm 37:7-40
Reference; Revised English bible, some verses abridged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums