Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My therapist said that the stuff I think is illogical.

Never go to a blind man looking for light. @DavidTheGnome

If you want Light then go to Jesus, as He is the : " Light of the World".

Here is what God says about you, if you are born again.
And you are born again, if you have a day in your past when you trusted in Christ to be your Savior.

God remembers that Day for as long as GOD LIVES.

So, if you did that, then you belong To GOD forever......no matter how you feel or think about it, from day to day.

See, being Born again.....becoming a Christian, is a BIRTH.......a Spiritual Birth, and you can't end a birth based on "well i use to believe it".. or "i wonder if im still saved, because i have not been good lately"...

Reader, when God saved you, you had not been good all your life........

Remember?

Being born again, is FINAL, .. its a BIRTH in the SPIRIT that is GOD Caused.. and God maintained.

This is called "ETERNAL LIFE".....and that is not Temporary or based on your behavior or how you think.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I used to enjoy life until recently. Now I live in constant fear, stress, anxiety, and depression. I pray to God to take it away and to restore my ability to enjoy life.
My parents and a lot of other loved ones have died, things in my life keep going wrong, and I feel obligated by God to give up a lot of things I enjoy doing.
I'm tired of it all. Now I keep hoping I'll die and go to Heaven soon even though I'm 39 years old.
I know suicide isn't the way to go. I'm afraid of what God might do to me if I did that, and there are friends and relatives who would be devastated.
My cat is my only reason to live. She's 17 and has special medical needs. I'm afraid that if I precede her in death, she might not get the care she needs. I just hope my time comes very soon after hers.
I accept Christ as my lord and savior, and hope I'm on the book of life.
Paul said the same. He lamented that he couldn't be Absent from the body and present with the Lord. He then says, "paraphrasing"... it is well that he can be present within his body and minister in the name of God. I would suggest that each day is a blessing, that you can demonstrate Christ's Love to just 1 person a day. Nothing major! Not a requirement, but indeed a very obvious blessing.

I am so very sorry about your fears, stresses and pains! This is honesty. I will be praying for you and your wonderful cat. I also confess that I have been exactly where you currently are. Above all things... I pray that Jesus holds you tight in His Arms, via the Holy Spirit of Christ and floods you with the peace that passes understanding, for each day, year, decade and such forth, that you dwell in this decaying world of dust, where moth and rust destroy.

Reactions: DavidTheGnome
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Now I live in constant fear, stress, anxiety, and depression.
You need to quit being so negative and start to be more positive. We need to put it under the Blood of Jesus and put on the Mind of Christ. We can have a little bit of Heaven here on earth but if we give into negative thinking then we are creating hell for ourselves.

Upvote 0

DavidTheGnome

Jun 12, 2023
Powell
✟37,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul said the same. He lamented that he couldn't be Absent from the body and present with the Lord. He then says, "paraphrasing"... it is well that he can be present within his body and minister in the name of God. I would suggest that each day is a blessing, that you can demonstrate Christ's Love to just 1 person a day. Nothing major! Not a requirement, but indeed a very obvious blessing.

I am so very sorry about your fears, stresses and pains! This is honesty. I will be praying for you and your wonderful cat. I also confess that I have been exactly where you currently are. Above all things... I pray that Jesus holds you tight in His Arms, via the Holy Spirit of Christ and floods you with the peace that passes understanding, for each day, year, decade and such forth, that you dwell in this decaying world of dust, where moth and rust destroy.
Thanks, but my cat died months ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks, but my cat died months ago.
Wow, that's what I get for not reading the post's time line. You seem in good spirits, yet I am now sorry that your wonderful Cat has passed.

I know that some folks would rib me for this, but I mean it from my heart.

Rev 5:13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

You know, I really believe it! I think that if God cares for the very flowers, that there is a place in Heaven for the precious pets. The "Cujo's"... well, who knows where they go? God knows their final fate.

All Love to you, Brother in Jesus!

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟119,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. He and I go to the same church.
That is good. He sounds like a good guy, well at least since he goes to the same church, but hopefully he understands scrupulosity. Anyways, I have a Catholic age 20s youth group to go to (second one I've been to so far). Also, a Bible study or group could work well for you, brother. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,062,550.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it logical that God would send Jesus to die for us and, as Isaiah said, "take the punishment that should have been ours", then decide to punish us again when we mess up?
Would Jesus have chosen to go through that agony for nothing?

That is the reality, not what your mind/emotions are telling you.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, but I feel like an example of Matthew 7:21, Matthew 12:43-45, Matthew 18:6, Hebrews 6:4-6, 2 Peter 2:1 CEV.
And I feel like I have an experiential overlap with the Israelites who lost their Promised Land privileges, but it's my favorite hobbies privileges I seem to have lost.
I probably need to be more specific here.

John 17 3 reads:
Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.​
1 Timothy 2:3, 4 reads:
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.​

Theses verses address the importance of coming to a knowledge of truth about God and Jesus Christ.
It's easy for anyone to say, "I accept Jesus as Lord and savior.", but does that mean they have actually come to a knowledge of the truth about the true God, and the one whom he sent - Jesus Christ?

If we come to a knowledge of the truth about the true God, and the one whom he sent - Jesus Christ, what we say about God, will be truth, in line with scripture, because we have come to a knowledge of truth.
Until that becomes the case, we will think and say all sorts of things about God that are not true.

So far, you have not represented God in light of the knowledge of truth found in his word.
Does that help?

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that some folks would rib me for this, but I mean it from my heart.
:idea:

Rev 5:13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

You know, I really believe it! I think that if God cares for the very flowers, that there is a place in Heaven for the precious pets. The "Cujo's"... well, who knows where they go? God knows their final fate.
I bet they'll all have heavenly poo too. Wait! angels don't eat and poo.
Yeah spirit animals. Why not. No need to worry about cutting grass... Did you say flowers... changing bed linings, laundry, cooking, shaving...

Seriously Grip. Do you really believe this?
Has religious doctrine really had that much effect on people. :astonished:

• Wow
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:idea:

I bet they'll all have heavenly poo too. Wait! angels don't eat and poo.
Yeah spirit animals. Why not. No need to worry about cutting grass... Did you say flowers... changing bed linings, laundry, cooking, shaving...

Seriously Grip. Do you really believe this?
Has religious doctrine really had that much effect on people. :astonished:
Corey... a very theologically BRILLIANT "MAN" cough... cough... Son of Man.... once said... That the Kingdom of Heaven is made up of such as these... Such as these (Were Children). I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us Kid... and you better believe that I believe God even cares about animals.... except for Cows... they are made for Steak and Milk... but other than that, who knows, maybe someone has a pet cow. I debate Heavy handed theological matters all of the gosh diddly darn time... I do believe that God understands my heart on this matter. Yes Corey, I believe there will be puppy dogs and kittens in Heaven! I really hope snakes and spiders aren't on that list, though. Biased.

I am standing on this Hill and ready to die on it. What ya gonna do, Corey?!? Huh? :p

Jewish Guilt Trip intended! :angel:

240_F_686014337_9IMpjspaLiWTN3WFFi7uIuqLM8h6ZISi.jpg

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Corey... a very theologically BRILLIANT "MAN" cough... cough... Son of Man.... once said... That the Kingdom of Heaven is made up of such as these... Such as these (Were Children). I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us Kid... and you better believe that I believe God even cares about animals.... except for Cows... they are made for Steak and Milk... but other than that, who knows, maybe someone has a pet cow. I debate Heavy handed theological matters all of the gosh diddly darn time... I do believe that God understands my heart on this matter. Yes Corey, I believe there will be puppy dogs and kittens in Heaven! I really hope snakes and spiders aren't on that list, though. Biased.

I am standing on this Hill and ready to die on it. What ya gonna do, Corey?!? Huh? :p

Jewish Guilt Trip intended! :angel:

View attachment 347348
Do you think God made the earth because he had an afterthought, but really did not want the earth around... nor the sea.... nor the dolphins... ?

What am I going to do.
Thanks for asking Grip.

I'll do what I have been doing all along Grip - share the good news of the kingdom, which includes the news that God did not create the earth simply in vain, but made it to be inhabited by living breathing creatures that eat grass and fruit and vegetables, and poo - all according to the natural cycles of life God put in place on earth (Isaiah 45:18) with people, including those poor souls that false religious doctrine has really affected, moreso than I imagined... and I will continue to pray for those whose heart is truly inclined toward truth, that they come to a knowledge of truth, according to god's will. 1 Timothy 2:3, 4

Yes. God cares about animals. That's why he made them to live on earth.
What are you going to do with that knowledge grip?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you think God made the earth because he had an afterthought, but really did not want the earth around... nor the sea.... nor the dolphins... ?

What am I going to do.
thanks for asking Grip.

I'll do what I have been doing all along Grip - share the good news of the kingdom, which includes the news that God did not create the earth simply in vain, but made it to be inhabited by living breathing creatures that eat grass and fruit and vegetables, and poo - all according to the natural cycles of life God put in place on earth (Isaiah 45:18) with people, including those poor souls that false religious doctrine has really affected, moreso than I imagined... and I will continue to pray for those whose heart is truly inclined toward truth, that they come to a knowledge of truth, according to god's will. 1 Timothy 2:3, 4

What are you going to do with that knowledge grip?
I'm going to point out that Eye hath not seen, nor Ear heard what the Glory of the Kingdom is... I become more child like, the more I learn about God, though I have put away "childish things"... (Get it? Paul scriptural insertion for contrast).

I will also say this, Angel of the Lord is a pretty special angel, wouldn't you say? Usually the Hebrew translates to Messenger of the Lord, who has the Name of The Lord Written Within Him... Visa vi, Pre Incarnate Christ.

Numbers 22:27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

Do you get my point, or need I extrapolate?

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to point out that Eye hath not seen, nor Ear heard what the Glory of the Kingdom is... I become more child like, the more I learn about God, though I have put away "childish things"... (Get it? Paul scriptural insertion for contrast).

I will also say this, Angel of the Lord is a pretty special angel, wouldn't you say? Usually the Hebrew translates to Messenger of the Lord, who has the Name of The Lord Written Within Him... Visa vi, Pre Incarnate Christ.

Numbers 22:27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

Do you get my point, or need I extrapolate?
I don't get the point. What's the point? I hope it's not in parables. :)

• Haha
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't get the point. What's the point? I hope it's not in parables. :)
There is no way in Hades, that Jesus doesn't have a childlike sense of humor! He totally made that Donkey speak! Our Lord, God made a donkey speak to a dude... and the word's are Hilarious!!!! :tearsofjoy: Jesus is totally Pro Kittens and Puppies in Heaven! How could He not be?!?

Also, if God can "Speak through a donkey", there's no doubt that He can use a (biblical word for Donkey) like me. :p Oh, yeah, and He can use the Donkey, too. Soooooo.... The Doctrine of Spirit animals is complete and irrefutable. Also, Spirits don't poo... sooooo
giphy.gif

Upvote 0