United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Audience: Simon, the Pharisee
Luke 7:36-50 (full context)
Luke 7:41-42 (Parable)

There were two debtors who owed a certain creditor. One owed 500 denarii and other 50. When they were not able to repay him, he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?” - Jesus Christ

Sheep & Goats: Matthew 25:31-46​

This is exactly what Jesus Christ showed throughout His ministry of repentance. To get His lost people to understand how to live His Way and not the selfish ways of the world - which is never satisfying! You might be temporarily satisfied, but you’ll always be looking for more. It’s like eating junk food instead of food that is nutritious. Think of the Samaritan woman at the well when Jesus Christ told her about the Living Water in John 4:10.

Jesus Christ has paid the ultimate price on our behalf. He took on the world’s sin on His own body and became a curse because He hung on a cross made from a tree: Deuteronomy 21:23 & Galatians 3:13-14. He is the Creditor who wiped clean our debts of which we could never repay. The wages of sin is death, but faith in Christ Jesus gives us the gift of Life: Romans 6:23

Small Testimony

While true I never understood Jesus as God for many years growing up, even though my family went to church nearly every Sunday, I can’t say I was taught who He was. I didn’t understand the Trinity until I asked Him after becoming truly Born Again. Throughout my life before Christ I tried to find my place in the world, but it never stuck and I never did get anywhere where I wanted to be. Looking back at all of what I went through I truly believe God was calling me that whole time, separating me from the world. Spiritual warfare was truly at hand and I didn’t see it then, the tug-of-war for my soul.

Living the way I was, I was certainly forgiven much and at the same time, He also had much - so much mercy on me than I deserve. Perhaps it is because I respond better to a loving reprove than I do than anger. I lived a childhood where anger was “victorious” in my dad (he’s a Christian and has been for some time now, thank God!). I can’t say for sure what God’s reasoning is but this verse does come to mind: Romans 9:15.

There were certainly things not good for me that I loved. I am truly ever thankful and grateful that Christ led me to a place of repentance, so that I may live His Way and not my own way that would have killed me both physically and spiritually. I know I can never ever thank God enough for what He has gone through for me and the world, becoming separated from Father God for a short time… I can’t imagine what that must have felt like for Jesus Christ. It’s beyond my understanding.

Thank You Lord Jesus for being the Saviour that You are even today. Thank You for giving us the Hope that is You when You rose from the dead! Thank You for being the only Living God there is who truly is Love and Righteous in all Your ways!