Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I recently came across this site:

ChristWire

And I cannot decide for the life of me whether it is a parody of conservative Christianity, or a genuine conservative Christian site. There's no disclaimer that I can find, and some of its articles are... suspiciously stupid. Thoughts?

EDIT: This article was written by someone asking the same question. Consensus seems to be that it's a parody... or, at least, that he hopes it's a parody.

3sigma

Jan 9, 2008
✟3,007.00
Faith
Atheist
And I cannot decide for the life of me whether it is a parody of conservative Christianity, or a genuine conservative Christian site.
Surely it’s a parody. Would a real Christian web site admit they receive hate mail and create a section to display it publicly?

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
POE / Parody site,
Just read the video game section for a good laugh, World Of Warcraft causes AIDS
"Proof Blacks Are Possessed By Satan and Are A Violent Species"

OK, I'm fairly certain it's a parody sight now

All I want for Christmas is one person, just one person, to take this seriously. Please, Almight Santa, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

EDIT: The article has a video that's a bit... disturbing. That's a parody too, right?

EDIT2: The video came from here. Either I'm falling for a large Poe, or it's an actual incident. If the latter, ChristWire shouldn't use it to parody Christianity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Obviously a parody.

My favorite article from this site:

Upvote 0

teddyv

gneiss guy
Aug 3, 2009
✟9,351.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I looks like a parody, and a fairly gross one. Here's one I've never been able to figure out: Global Slowing Home Page[wash my mouth][wash my mouth] Stop the Madness[wash my mouth][wash my mouth] The Truth is Out There
I'd call that one parody based on the Who We Are page:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums