Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am no better than anyone else, but these are my experiences which God has transformed me into overcoming by the holy spirit with-in and having faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.

It make sense that people would never know any of these things about me unless it's expressed in front of them and I am thankful to God that he allowed me to go through all of these things that have plagued my heart and allowed me to have the experiences that were needed to create something worth while out of me.

I am not ashamed of them, nor am proud of them, they were all choices in my life that were made by me and take 100% responsibility for.

Darkness consumed my life, at a very early age, I've been a manipulator, hater of my own mother and family, meth abuser, marijuana abuser, spice abuser, stealing money from people, lying to get my own way, lover of my own self, lover of inappropriate contentography, completely self indulgent, angry, back biter, hater of God.

These have been my experiences through life.

God sure has changed me around from the person that use to do all of these things just for my own self pleasure and what my flesh desired. We are given a spirit from God that causes to love, experience peace, to forgive, and pray for others.

At the age of 26 with void in my heart, a yearning for the Lord Jesus Christ was obtained. Thus reading scriptures became something done daily especially the Gospels. Slowly, over time, the battle with the sins that were going through me were still being battled constantly.

Also though I had a teacher named Shawn Mcranney whos ; Channel is (Heart of the matter on youtube) helped me a lot because when I first was a Christian a babe in Christ, there was still a heart inside of me of stone. Growing in faith, and learning more and more scriptures, it dawned on me how much it really is about placing Faith on God, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now God is still training me, still having me learn and understand slowly cause of how slow my adoption of learning is.

You can overcome, with the holy spirit those sins (hatred, selfishness, no love) that plague your heart by faith on God, and asking him to help you. You have to ask in faith and do not doubt and completely trust in him, and sometimes that is hard to do, especially with the world trying to sway you in so many directions please... my encouragement for you is to stay strong, accept that forgiveness that God gives freely!

Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ for the Glory of the Father for the changes he can make in your life if you so desire it to be so!

Colossians 4:2, NLT: "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."

1 Peter 1:3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

Hope this helps you see my story for what it is worth.

Love God, and Love Others. Pray for everyone, even those who hate you.

Last edited:

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this honest and moving testimony, you have come a greater distance than me, but how did you know in the depths of your dark place that you could reach out to God to change your life? Many don't ever do that, , but it's wonderful that you did, God bless you.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A great testimony that reaches out to those who struggle daily. Myself included.

May God bless, protect and guide.

Thank you for sharing your testimony

Thank you brother Lost4words, always love to see your around the CF from time to time. God is still working on me, and will be for a long time.

Hello sister, Abideinme,

It took a long time, a lot of tribulation with family members, friends, drugs, addictions, running from God like Jonah. Learned a very early age that there was God and that there was a Devil. All my life, has been a tribulation between darkness and light. Some memories that are still in my mind, while some have been erased gone like the wind due to drug usage and mistreatment of my brain, probably a good few head smacks too (lol).

What you are asking, which it a great question.

How did you know in the depths of your dark place that you could reach out to God to change your life?

What is that one fairy tell story, of a witch who looks into a mirror and she says mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Then a face appears in the reflection and says you are my dear.​

Just take a moment to look and reflect on that sentence structure above.

Our minds, hearts, and souls without God near them are always going to be focused on our selves and our own interest and not on what God needs from us which is our admiration, and love for Him.

Age 26-27:

My faith was weak at the start, and my own interests mattered the most to me even as a Christian.

I remember one time smoking meth and talking to my friend on the phone, saying ' God loves us even though we are doing what we are doing you know that right? '

Looking at inappropriate contentography, I would tell myself, it's alright it's alright matthew, you are okay. God is going to forgive you, no worries you can do it again if you want to.

I remember after being sober for a while off a drug called spice, and one day. Irritated at my job, I walked out and went and found someone that I knew us to smoke weed and instead knew how to get some spice...

Selfishness and my own desires and conning myself again, oh only one time wont hurt...

Went through 1,800$ in a month and destroyed again relationship not only with my family but God.

These things were destroying my mind, and my relationships.

Temptations come from our desires (that are from our heart), that entice us and drag us away from God.

The world and what it has to offer is of a great many things... you can con yourself into thinking things are good for you but they truly are not what you need to fix problems that are deep down inside hurting you that need to be brought to light and talked about.

This is why we need God because if we place ourselves first in front of God... it only leads down a road to the destruction of ones life, time, relationships, jobs, money wasted that could have been used for the purpose of what God needed for others.

Abideinme... Some people live and see their selves at good people. For me the reality is I am an (broken*) person regardless of what someone says to me, the only (good*) thing that remotely that comes from me now as a human being, is always going to be from God, and that holy spirit he placed inside which has been with me in and through all of these things I had to suffer and go through to make me who I am today, which is a person who loves God, and is on a new road to try and give back that Love he showed me towards others even if sometimes it is hard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you hit near rock bottom many times? Turned to God? Lapsed? And went too and fro between God and your old self till gradually God started winning?
I think you have faught a tremendous battle over something powerful, and I think it takes real guts to do that, but you were lucky enough to have the knowledge of Gods love all your life, some people don't have that knowledge or refuse to believe it and never turn things around, I was into my 40's before I found God, and discovered what an amazingly tranformative power he has, you look like you have your whole life ahead of you, I think God can bring you wonderful things, and I sincerely hope he does.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Abidewithme, you are right.

There are many people who do not have that knowledge of God's love in their life, and sometimes it takes that very last moment on their death bed to finally possibly have that faith placed in them. You are right, when you say there many people like yourself just now turning in to their 40s and just now find out the transformative power that God, and the love of the Lord Jesus Christ that helps them in their lives now today. Which for you is also amazing to hear. My family seems like they barely know anything about God, or the Lord Jesus Christ, my mother is 60. My hope is that she has faith, and trust God, she has been learning a bit more as God has been graceful enough to allow me to start speaking up about the Lord and what is able to do bit by bit.

I wonder what your testimony of your life could have in store with it. Thank you for taking time to talk with me for a moment and hopefully what I said is helpful.

Did edit the message a bit maybe it's not that I am evil but more so that we as human beings are broken, all of us and are in need of God's love.

So glad to hear that God is now with you in your life, and remember that all those mistakes and whatever you have done in your past are now forgiven. God changes us and puts to death our own ways and changes them into new ways. Some articles I have made can be helpful in my link, though do not trust me; trust God, and read his Word, but if you have questions, please feel free to message me and write them out and hopefully maybe by the grace of God we can help each other understand what is going on.

You have a good day now and thank you again for a moment of your time dear sister. May the grace of God our Father be with you, and the Lord Jesus Christ be with you by the spirit that produces, love, kindness, gentleness, self-control, forbearance, longsuffering, joy, peace, temperance, and a thankful heart towards God and the Lord Jesus Christ because of their unbounding love to us all as human beings.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is good. But you need to realize God saved you. You did not save yourself. Do you believe you can lose your salvation? If so, you reckon yourself as your savior.

Upvote 0