Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

On par with what we witness in mutations within biological systems, the demonstration depicted here is similar to a car decaying over time. Red to blue depicting its graduation into dissolution.

Or a car's light switching on and off. Red to blue depicting the transition from on to off (more versatile if there is a dimmer switch ). Or your pupils dilating/contracting- red to blue depicting a change from fully contracted to fully dilated.

As a reference to microbe to man phenomena, the analogy becomes inconsistent with observations. However, it does attract with the pretty colors.

Upvote 0

ryeaber

lurker - student of logic
Sep 28, 2011
✟15,230.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Bump - Resurrection!

One of my favorite threads!

An example that I showed one of my more religious friends to visualize an intermediate species living today (the purple, in the red to blue) is the gerenuk (do a google search - still can't post links). I mean, look at that neck! Unlike the beaks of certain birds (that shall remain nameless), looking at the neck of gerenuk makes it pretty clear that what started as a regular gazelle is on its way to something completely different. Like the giraffe compared to the okapi.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Extra Toasty

Jan 28, 2019
New Jersey
✟8,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Not to say that I completely disagree with what you are saying, but you are using an analogy, which in my understanding has very little argumentative value. I think analogies are good for making an argument more understandable, but not so good as an argument in itself.
"Text can have many micro-changes and end up completely different, therefore, it is logical that a cat can have many micro-changes and end up a dog."
is not really a sound argument.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,641.00
Faith
Atheist
Please don't wake the Zombies.

This thread has been dead, lo, these 8 years.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I know this is an old dead, yet resurected, thread.

But if you, like you claim, really came up with it, then as it turns out.... it was a lunch hour VERY well spend.

This text has become a meme of its own and it's popping up (in image form LOL) regurarly on all kinds of platforms whenever macro evolution is being discussed with a bunch of biology deniers.

So this post, only really serves as a "congratulations" and also a "thank you" for releasing that gem into cyberspace. I don't know if my message will find its way to you... But I hope it does.

This post of yours has proven to be legendary. And you're the anonymous hero behind that legend.

Upvote 0