Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I like that. They called him rabbi when he was alive for a reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I like that. Good job accepting Jesus as Father. They called him rabbi when he was alive for a reason.

Jesus is our Father through creation, for He created everything, including Lucifer, Jesus is therefor Father to Lucifer, He is, however, not brother to him. Jesus is our brother through His humanity. We, however, do not share in His divinity. Jesus always pointed to His Father as the Father of all---The Father has no grandchildren, we are all the children of God the Father. And that is what Jesus said to say when we pray,
Mat_6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

God the Father is our Father according to Jesus, our creator and brother. We are adopted by God the Father into the family of His son and brother to Him also through that adoption. It is NOT Jesus that adopts us, we are adopted children of the Most high God the Father.

This is all I can say as this is a forum for debating Mormons and not other Christians.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually that's something the Holy Spirit taught me. But it can be easily found in scripture. Jesus and the Father are one God.

Matthew 23:8-10

But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.

Rabbi and father are the same term from what I understand. Noting that Jesus sort of hints to being excluded from the brethren circle. Instead of saying "we are all brethren" he said "you are all brethren".

And again John 14:9

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You make a good point mmksparbud. Can we say that Jesus is our Father in at least one respect, that he created us, but he is the "Son of God" the Father, not the Father.

Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
These are indeed good scriptures, thank you.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks, I see that which does add some confusion to the idea of Isaiah 9:6

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

There is an interesting article on it here: How Can Jesus Be Our Everlasting Father?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The historical Biblical Christian teaching as explained in the Nicene \ Athanasian Creeds does not support that Jesus is the Father, rather as this Biblical Christian teaching shows:

Further Scripture does teach that Jesus calls those who trust in him by faith are his *brothers and sisters* Hebrews 2:9-11
9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered.

11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them *brothers and sisters.
*Hebrews 2:11 The Greek word for brothers and sisters (adelphoi) refers here to believers, both men and women, as part of God’s family; also in verse 12; and in Hebrews 3:1, 12; Hebrews 10:19; Hebrews 13:22.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

To not be confusing, I already worked out that there is a God the Father. Calling Jesus Father is a different concept. Sorry for the confusion

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The New Testament teaches that Christians become children of God by adoption. Mormons teach that those verses refer to being adopted as children of their god called Jesus thus making him our father as well as our brother. They don't eliminate their heavenly father. He is said to be our father, too.

Mormonism:
Jesus Christ applies to Himself both titles, “Son” and “Father.” Indeed, He specifically said to the brother of Jared: “Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son” (Ether 3:14)...

"That by obedience to the gospel men may become sons of God, both as sons of Jesus Christ, and, through Him, as sons of His Father, is set forth in many revelations given in the current dispensation."
The Father and the Son

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You make a good point mmksparbud. Can we say that Jesus is our Father in at least one respect, that he created us, but he is the "Son of God" the Father, not the Father.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

It is through the blood of Jesus Christ that the Father adopts us as His children and heirs to the kingdom of His one and only Son. Adoption is not done by both a father and a brother. Whoever adopts is the father. Now, if there were a heavenly mother---it would be both the mother and the father that adopt, not just the father. Therefore---there is no heavenly mother, for if there were---nothing has been said that she adopts us and when there are 2 parents, both have to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

My posts were removed because it was a discussion between Christians and not with the Mormons---it is viewable now only under the reply quotes when you click to expand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm going to say that the Triune God created the heavens and earth based on biblical verses.

Genesis 1:1-2
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Isaiah 40:28
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Acts 17:24
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Hebrews 1:2
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Psalm 104:24
24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

James 1:17
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Psalm 24:1
1{A Psalm of David.} The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

Jeremiah 10
12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
13 When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
14 Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1 Corinthians 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

I don't see it any other way, but that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit brought us into existence.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There is God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. Together they make up the Godhead. They created the heavens and the earth and all of the hosts thereof. We will RETURN to God when we die.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. Together they make up the Godhead. They created the heavens and the earth and all of the hosts thereof. We will RETURN to God when we die.

Our breath of life returns to God. Doesn't mean we return to God as God our selves! "My reward is me"
We get eternal life at the resurrection when our bodies are changed. All 3 were there---but it was Jesus that actually created, our breath returns to Him, the breath of Jesus returned to His Father.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Our spirit returns to God when we die, not our breath (air in our lungs). God is the Father of spirits and angels are spirits. Therefore spirits can talk and do many things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Our spirit returns to God when we die, not our breath (air in our lungs). God is the Father of spirits and angels are spirits. Therefore spirits can talk and do many things.

Spirit Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary

You read it---I am tired of posting this, and other to prove what the word means. You and JS have your own definitions of what the word means. Doesn't matter what the bible and scholars say.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Spirit Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary

You read it---I am tired of posting this, and other to prove what the word means. You and JS have your own definitions of what the word means. Doesn't matter what the bible and scholars say.
This is what the Bible says:

(New Testament | Hebrews 1:13 - 14)

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Angels are spirits and spirits are angels according to the Bible.

What does it mean that angels are ministering spirits? | Biblword.net

Ministering Spirits | Theology Matters | May 2018 | Today in the Word

Hebrews 1:14 Are not the angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

So when Jesus died, His angel left His lungs and returned to God?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So when Jesus died, His angel left His lungs and returned to God?

I'm not sure how you came up with that. Can you explain? In Mormonism, Jesus couldn't become an angel because he perfectly obeyed the law(s). Of course that raises the question of whether or not he had been baptized for his ancestors and had been married for time and eternity in the temple.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

It was because "He is the way" saying that the word spirit means angels.

Upvote 0