You've probably seen this before but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.d.ivNonasNovembres

I don't know anything
Nov 2, 2008
Wales
Visit site
✟9,612.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Have you seen this quiz: http://www.fathersofthechurch.com/quiz/

What did you get?

I got:
You’re St. Justin Martyr!
You have a positive and hopeful attitude toward the world. You think that nature, history, and even the pagan philosophers were often guided by God in preparation for the Advent of the Christ. You find “seeds of the Word” in unexpected places. You’re patient and willing to explain the faith to unbelievers.​

2Cosmic2Charlie

You are Origen!

Who ?

You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
this is funny... ^_^

You are St. Melito of Sardis!

You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are Origen!

Who ?

You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears

Really - this guy didn't become an acknowledged Saint - in fact altho not excommunicated - he had some unorthodox ideas later in life that kept him from bona fide Sainthood [ie] he had some heretical ideas that didn't set with the Church.

But he remained in the Church.

:holy: What can I say CC?

ANYWAY - i got St Jerome b4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You&#8217;re St. Melito of Sardis!</font></strong></p>
<You have a great love of history and liturgy. You&#8217;re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world &#8212; great as it was &#8212; is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.

Some of those questions were just strange. Like the marriage one? So when I put the second choice for the weird questions when none of the answers really fit me I got:

You&#8217;re St. Justin Martyr!
You have a positive and hopeful attitude toward the world. You think that nature, history, and even the pagan philosophers were often guided by God in preparation for the Advent of the Christ. You find &#8220;seeds of the Word&#8221; in unexpected places. You&#8217;re patient and willing to explain the faith to unbelievers.

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
You are St. Jerome!

You&#8217;re a passionate Christian, fiercely devoted to Jesus Christ and his Church. You are willing to labor long hours in the Lord&#8217;s vineyard, and you have little patience with those who are less willing or able to work as you do. Your passions often carry you into temptation zones of wrath, lust, and pride.

Hmmm...In reality I probably wouldn't actually hit anyone with a mallet, but that would probably be an initial temptation...:|

I always loved this response of St. Jerome to someone who tried to call him out on his--shall we say--crankiness:

St. Jerome said:
How does it touch you who profess to be an orthodox person if I am a little too sharp upon heretics, and expose their tricks before the public? You should rejoice in my invectives: otherwise, if you are vexed at them, you may be thought to be yourself a heretic.

Zing.:cool:

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well.....

....there you go......

:holy: I am going to behave CC.

You can read about him. ...~> Origen
I love reading about the Saints and the ecf's.

Origenism:

By this term is understood not so much Origen's theology and the body of his teachings, as a certain number of doctrines, rightly or wrongly attributed to him, and which by their novelty or their danger called forth at an early period a refutation from orthodox writers. They are chiefly:
  • Allegorism in the interpretation of Scripture
  • Subordination of the Divine Persons
  • The theory of successive trials and a final restoration.
Before examining how far Origen is responsible for these theories, a word must be said of the directive principle of his theology.

Also read the Two Origenistic crisis in the Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are St. Justin Martyr!

You have a positive and hopeful attitude toward the world. You think that nature, history, and even the pagan philosophers were often guided by God in preparation for the Advent of the Christ. You find “seeds of the Word” in unexpected places. You’re patient and willing to explain the faith to unbelievers.

Must be mistaken. One of my many faults is that I'm not really all that patient all the time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.