Youth?

A

AnonUser2013

So we're all technically adults here. We are all at different stages of life. Some of us are in college, some single and content, some single and discontent, some in love or newly married, some elderly and still in love, some young parents married or single, some separated/divorced, etc.

At whatever stage of life, how do you maintain a feeling of true youth? Not faking it, but truly feeling fully alive?

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Learn new things. Read, take a class if you feel like it, discover or rediscover your passions. Exercise. This doesn't necessarily require elaborate exercise routines or fancy gym memberships. Go for a walk, climb a tree, kick a ball around, play your kids and/or your nieces and nephews, throw a frisbee, ride a bike etc. Develop healthy eating habits, but indulge your sweet tooth from time to time. Also, don't forget to get enough sleep. If you're well rested, then you'll have more energy.

Upvote 0

Calvinator

It's midnight and I'm sound asleep
Nov 13, 2012
✟788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At whatever stage of life, how do you maintain a feeling of true youth? Not faking it, but truly feeling fully alive?

From a physical side: endorphins from getting a good cardiovascular workout be that from lifting weights in a certain way or doing things like running. That and real food God intended for our bodies.

Upvote 0

QR1

Rook by any other name, still moves the same
Nov 20, 2012
✟15,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I enjoy nice things: Taking a walk around a lake and then on a wooded trail, holding my sweetheart's hand. Making a dinner of Prosciutto roll, multigrain toast and an apple with local grape jelly on one piece of toast served with a little local wine. Petting my cat while sitting next to the fire & listening to the oldest stepchild practice his guitar. . . Life.

Upvote 0
N

Nerd Girl Supreme

If you think about it, our souls don't age, only our bodies do. Our souls/spirits accumulate "time in existence" but they never get "old" because they'll exist forever :) Living in a sinful, fallen world is what makes anyone feel old, whether it's through health issues or mental/emotional fatigue, etc. I know 20 something's with very little will to live, and I know 90 something's with more pep that I've ever had, lol.

I think the key to a youthful spirit is refusing to "get old", if that makes sense. We often equate aging with becoming crotchety, cranky, stubborn, set in our ways, cynical, etc. Making a conscious effort to remain joyful, light-hearted, playful, curious, and open-minded is what keeps me feeling like a kid. Of course, we can't stop our bodies from aging, but we CAN control our attitudes and thoughts, our choices, and our outlook on life.

I also refuse to "become a woman" in some ways :) I don't wear much makeup, I don't do anything with my hair, I don't own a dress or a pair of high heels, my favorite summer outfit is a tank top, shorts and bare feet, and I have zero desire to ever learn about scrapbooking, baking, or fashion. I've retained my tomboyish nature all my life, and I hope I never lose it :) There's something about being a tomboy that smacks of youthfulness (at least to me). The day I put on a dress and heels and start baking cookies.. I will start getting old lol.

I want to be the old lady in jeans and a cute tshirt with undyed gray hair, a snappy joke, an easy laugh, and an endless appetite for adventure and new experiences.

Upvote 0