Youth Group Names

xievon

Aug 31, 2004
Visit site
✟15,146.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Rev-O-Lu-Tion:

Your youth pastor is awesome, i love being a youth pastor and just doin stuff cause i think its cool! and so your youth pastor is cool by personal association!

By the way i suggest making t-shirts:

"i'm in love with my youth pastor" and "i love my youth pastor"

and

"my youth pastor rocks" and "i love helping my youth pastor"

it is nice if a whole group of people make them cause it really encourages the youth pastor.

They are also cool and great for wearing to conferences! (you are the envy of everyone)

Upvote 0

venuebob

Apr 20, 2005
mansfield, notts
Visit site
✟7,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:clap: hey all, i been doing youthwork for a bit and got loads of names of clubs that i help at. we got 4 christian ones called cyfa, magma, aim high and refresh
and other youth groups we do called rock solid, tnt, youthie (how original is that).
Its so awesome doing youth work, i love it!

bob

Upvote 0

girlofgrace727

Apr 16, 2005
Saskatoon
✟15,343.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Jr. Youth at my church is called G-XP (God Experience)...the youth group is G-Force (God's Force) and young adults is...hmm.. i dont remember, and I'm a part of it..thats bad..hmm..i dunno if we actually decided on one yet G-something or other..it does, or would start with a G

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We recently changed the name of our youth group to Millennium 7.

This is our logo:
Haldasma2.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
theophilus05 said:
I have never heard of this. Having names for youth groups is a new subject for me. Why do we have youth group names? Should this make us seperate for the church? Is being seperated a good thing? Just some questions since Ive never heard of this.

In Him,
Matt

Hi Matt!

I think that one reason we name our youth groups is to give them some identity within the church. We have Women's Ministries, Men's Fellowship, etc. I think that teens have felt as though church is for adults and having a group of their own gives them some ownership. I know that for us it doesn't seperate them from the church. In fact, I believe that it makes them feel more connected. They feel that they are important enough to the pastor and leadership of the church to receive that kind of attention.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
BarbaraJean said:
Hi Matt!

I think that one reason we name our youth groups is to give them some identity within the church. We have Women's Ministries, Men's Fellowship, etc. I think that teens have felt as though church is for adults and having a group of their own gives them some ownership. I know that for us it doesn't seperate them from the church. In fact, I believe that it makes them feel more connected. They feel that they are important enough to the pastor and leadership of the church to receive that kind of attention.
I totally agree with this, plus, nothing wrong with changing the name when the majority of the youth members aren't happy with it. Let them be creative and let them vote. . .it lets them know that they really do get to be involved and it's not just another thing where we force them to do stuff.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0