MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Eunuchs is a pretty broad term as it is used in ancient times. We have many categories for people who would have been considered eunuchs when the Bible was written.

Cross dresses would be one example. SO to make a blanket statement that eunuchs can kiss without being sexual aroused is almost certainly not true.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SO to make a blanket statement that eunuchs can kiss without being sexual aroused is almost certainly not true.
Indeed. The Castrioti (boys with operatic voices castrated pre-puberty) were much sought after by women as sex partners.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eunuchs is a pretty broad term as it is used in ancient times. We have many categories for people who would have been considered eunuchs when the Bible was written.

Cross dresses would be one example. SO to make a blanket statement that eunuchs can kiss without being sexual aroused is almost certainly not true.

But dysfunctional!

Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟27,741.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Per the previous post - I don't think pastors are about making people feel guilty - I think they are about sharing the gospel of God's grace. God's ways ARE NOT to torture us, but because He loves us, knows-everything, is perfect, makes no mistakes, sees the beginning and the end, and wants us to have an abundant life (John 10:10). We are no longer slaves to sin, but to righteousness (right standing with Him for all eternity).

My 16-yr old daughter has her first "dating-for-a-mate".. Her father and I have suggested to her to limit kissing to the cheek only, and use this verse (of course there are many). Praise God, He has opened her eyes to the beauty found in purity.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. (eph 5:3 NIV).

Felix - are you asking this for yourself? Are you in a relationship? What is your relationship with Jesus like? Do you have mentors and accountability? How does your girlfriend feel about it? I think we could help more if you gave some more info if you are comfortable. Either way, I'm praying the Lord will answer you in HIS perfect timing and in HIS perfect way as HE is always faithful to do!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Llewelyn

Least of all saints
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2015
New South Wales Australia
Visit site
✟45,333.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
lol. I read through all the comments. Quite entertaining although I'm not sure very helpful for the most part.

I'm afraid I'm probably disqualified on commenting since I kissed my wife when she was my girlfriend. Having done it myself I can't really forbid it in others, can I? Bussing can be a problem because its usually accompanied by fondling of body parts best left alone if you don't want to be aroused.

My advice... if you wouldn't do it at youth group with everyone around, don't do it at all. Kept me safe from sin.

Upvote 0

tomjono6

May 24, 2016
Gloucestershire, England
✟7,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think this thread is lacking any depth and context:
-If the two people in question have both spoken about the future of their relationship and how they both believe in abstinence, they will both try to prevent them being tempted into sinful actions.
-I'm in a relationship with a non-christian and we've both decided it's better to wait until marriage to get involved in any intercourse, but we kiss all the time (not just friendly kissing, kissing on the lips)
-Kissing is never a sin, but it may be a silly idea if you cant control yourself to the extent that you end up in bed with the other person!​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think this thread is lacking any depth and context:
-If the two people in question have both spoken about the future of their relationship and how they both believe in abstinence, they will both try to prevent them being tempted into sinful actions.
-I'm in a relationship with a non-christian and we've both decided it's better to wait until marriage to get involved in any intercourse, but we kiss all the time (not just friendly kissing, kissing on the lips)
-Kissing is never a sin, but it may be a silly idea if you cant control yourself to the extent that you end up in bed with the other person!​

Friendly kiss is on the cheeks, not on lips which is carnal.

Upvote 0