Your pet peeve?

J

Jenster

Thought this could be a fun thread, if we don't take our pet peeves tooooo seriously. ;)

So what's yours?

Here's mine: People who try to label me.

It bugs me when a friend tells me that I "wouldn't" like something (when I do) just because she has this stereotype of me in her head.

Like, "Oh, you wouldn't want to play pool, you're not that kind of person." When I say I actually love pool, she asks, "Really? I didn't think you were the pool type. We don't have to go if you don't want to go. Are you sure? We don't have to play pool. We can do something else if you want."

And I'm like ... "UH, what part of 'I love to play pool' don't you understand?" :doh: DOH!

:p

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My pet peeve is people who label themselves as Christians for the world to see and then fail refuse to present a good image of Christ to others.

Also, when people are just overly nice to your face, but then talk about you badly when you're not around. HOW RUDE!

In His love,
Tink

Upvote 0

ladylike

High fives and hugs!
Jan 31, 2005
Australia
✟9,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When people tailgate me, or they have a big 4-wheel-drive, that's worse, because it looks like a beast of car behind mine and it's like "Woah, close enough to my car?!" In Australia you have to stop at the traffic lights so you can see the bottom of the wheels of the car in front...I try to do that!

I also don't like parents yelling at their kids in public, I get it when parents have a few times like this but I feel sorry for the kids...

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
I agree with tailgaters... ahhh... I was always taught that when you stop you should see their wheels as well.

Mine's smoking, not a fan of it. At school I have to park my car where the smokers hang out and I just hate walking by there.

Upvote 0

Eagle_Wings

Just Your Ordinary Average Everyday Sane Psycho.
Nov 18, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
People laying guilt trips....absolutely cannot stand it! If I even think they are trying to make me feel guilty about something all I want to do is shut down. Unfortunately I work for a veterinarian...well, that parts not unfortunate...but we have certain policies...like payment at time of service. Well, I get people who call and their dog has been "deathly" ill for the last 5 days and is just about to die, doc has to see the dog right now...but they don't get paid till next month. Either that or the doctor's not available....their response is usually, "well, I guess the dog is just gonna die than." GRRRR! It is really easy to see how people in the medical profession become seen as cold, heartless monsters.

Upvote 0

TheDatelessLoserX2

Professional Singleton
May 13, 2004
O'fallon, Illinois
✟7,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
People who blindly follow a cause without being able to think for themselves. Example, people who get baptized because their best friend does, or vote for a candidate because thats who their favorite celebrity likes. Its fine if you do something after you personally research it and arrive at your own conclusion, but there is too much blind following.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt.9:22

I've got mustard seed faith!
Dec 6, 2004
Texas
✟3,671.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
-people who chew with their mouths open, smacking and sucking their fingers, *ugh*
-people who are disrespectful to those in authority.
-people who are loud when everybody else is quiet (during tests, aat night when people are trying to sleep, in the library,etc.)
-people who try to talk down to me.

Upvote 0

Chopinzee

Servant of the Most High God
Oct 20, 2005
Redmond, WA, USA
✟2,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
TheDatelessLoserX2 said:
People who blindly follow a cause without being able to think for themselves. Example, people who get baptized because their best friend does, or vote for a candidate because thats who their favorite celebrity likes. Its fine if you do something after you personally research it and arrive at your own conclusion, but there is too much blind following.

Agreed. That's why we have the parable of the sower.

Upvote 0
P

Postfrog

Another pet peeve of mine belongs to Authority figures who prance around like they're the Divine authority. Those people really get under my skin.

I have a college course in dramatic literature under a teacher who's like that. The type that will single a kid out in class just because he knows the kid is soft spoken or shy. I don't like people like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tuffguy

Speed Racer
Jun 2, 2004
Farmington, CT
Visit site
✟4,610.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My pet peeve is all other people other then myself. :)

I also can't stand tailgaters. Espically on my bike when i have a passenger. It seems every idiot kid in a civic type ricer, thinks he has a fast car and has to prove it by staying 2 feet from my back tire. Prepare to get a talking to with a carbon fiber fist at the next stoplight.
I hate other drivers in general. People don't seem to understand that driving is life and death. They don't look before pulling out, don't signal (southerners are HORRIBLE at signaling), and drive the wrong speed at the wrong times.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow! I agree with all of these....tailgaters get on my last nerve!!!! Especially when I'm ALREADY going a little over the speed limit....geez, how FAST do you want to go???

People who don't signal are annoying too! People at night who are behind you but still have their bright lights on....hellOOOOO??? I can't see!!!!!!!

People who don't acknowledge when you do something nice for them.....hey....next time someone doesn't let a door slam in your face, say 'thank you'. Does anyone use that phrase anymore???

Related....people who let the door slam in MY face....thanks a lot! It seems that 'Christians' are most notorious for this.

People who easily get road rage....what morons!!!

People who think they are better than everyone else

Bosses who think they MUST ride your tail as soon as you get to work (my old boss was this way)

Coworkers who are lazy and don't do their part on the job.

Smoking

People needing to pepper every sentence with tons of swearing

People who litter...I live on the corner and I am constantly picking up styrofoam cup lids, straws, McDonald's sacks, etc... from my front yard. Can't people wait until they get home to throw it away? Chances are they were only a couple of miles from there when they threw their trash out the car window!

People who can't think for themselves....as mentioned earlier

Certain grammar errors drive me insane..... Example: "She has went there several times." arrrgh!!

People who bring their kids to restaurants and don't do anything when the kid(s) are loud enough to be heard on the other side of the room. Some people like to eat without a piercing yelp or other babble every two seconds.

I'm sure I have more but that's a start. lol Maybe I'm just hard to please....

Upvote 0

Tumbleweed64

God doesn't make mistakes!
May 13, 2005
the Wild Wild West!
✟39,823.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
People who talk on their cell phones in traffic, in line ahead of me after they've finished their transaction, instead of doing the polite thing and at least moving to the side, kids who drive by at 2 a.m. with the bass so loud it vibrates my windows, I could go on and on ^_^

Upvote 0