Your opinion of Geoffrey?

So...Geoffrey's dating now...

• You go man! Get those women!

• Wait...aren't you supposed to be a priest?

• Priest!? Married!? Be a Byzantine, have both!!!

• You are absolutely insane.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Servus Iesu

Jun 15, 2005
✟20,312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think you need to stop boasting about what your vocation might be. At a certain point people are going to stop taking you seriously. I remember awhile back you made a big pronouncement about how you were going to be a priest and the women can't have you. Now apparently you are dating. I find that kind of behaviour rather irritating, to tell you the truth.

I don't think the Byzantines would appreciate your attitude toward their priesthood either... ie if you can't hack celibacy, switch rites and take advantage of their more lenient disciplines.

Upvote 0

BillH

Be not afraid!
Apr 3, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina, USA
✟27,958.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're 18. Realistically, you've got 4 years (at the earliest) before you have to start making serious decisions about whether you want to pursue the priesthood or the married life.

Find a good spiritual director to help you with these decisions. It will be good for your vocation and good in itself. :)

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
SaintGeorge said:
So, just be brutally honest. This is a roast thread in every manner, but let's keep it clean, funny, and Christian in here. Feel free to cite your favorite anecdotes or stories about me.

I don't think we've ever met, SaintGeorge. But hello and nice to meet you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Geoffrey, I chose the first option but I think I'd change it if I could. You really need to slow down. And don't feel bad cause everyone was telling me the same thing last year when I was considering being a nun. ;)

Upvote 0

PolskiKrol

Teemo support OP
Jun 16, 2004
✟2,437.00
Faith
Catholic
You remind me of Miroku the flirtatious monk off Inuyasha
I belive Miroku is the main reason the Vatican gives that RC priests cant marry. Also, why they are not allowed to have a black hole in the middle of their hand.

images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Geoffrey,
I think you are experiencing something which is very typical for converts - the desire for a religious vocation. These things take time to discern. If you still feel called to be a priest after 5 years of being catholic, then i'd give this desire more credit.
I think you've been very open and honest with the folks on the forum and you are back and forth every day and post every thought which enters your mind on the subject. This is why I think some folks have been so harsh with you. People like consistency, and you haven't been. You're a good guy Geoffrey, just relax and let the dust settle a bit before making any big decisions.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
saloman said:
Geoffrey,
I think you are experiencing something which is very typical for converts - the desire for a religious vocation. These things take time to discern. If you still feel called to be a priest after 5 years of being catholic, then i'd give this desire more credit.
I think you've been very open and honest with the folks on the forum and you are back and forth every day and post every thought which enters your mind on the subject. This is why I think some folks have been so harsh with you. People like consistency, and you haven't been. You're a good guy Geoffrey, just relax and let the dust settle a bit before making any big decisions.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.