Your (My) Purpose, and a couple of things...

captainslow

Let's do this...
Apr 16, 2009
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If someone asks you right now what your purpose in life is and if you found it, what would you say? Feel free to share what your purpose is.

My reason for the above, I'm clueless and have been ever since I have been younger (now 23). Daily I ask myself what my purpose is and what I really want to do? Instead of asking for advice, I can only say that prayer is a good start. Saying that, this is where I need to improve on.

Does anyone ever feel like not praying? I get these feelings and say to myself that God does know what I want to say and what I need.

So, basically, I am not really a person who goes out and make friends or contacts. I prefer to be alone and rather live in my own world. Once again, that being said, I have come to realise that 90% of the time this in not nice at all. This brings me to self-pity, I suffer from this seriously, through this I make the "atmosphere" around me very uncomfortable for others.

Another weird thing; I hate when people get excited to see me. Feels as though they are just doing it to make me feel good or something like this.

I would like to know what some of your views are on this. I have a couple of other things which bother me, but the is not a phsychology session right? ;)

Truth is, all of this makes me a very unhappy person, full of regrets of the past and no real optimism for the future.

Oh yeah, I hate my job, boring, but like many other things in my life, I am too lazy to make a change to things. Makes me a depressing person.

Will post as we go along. :confused::confused::confused:
:confused:

EDIT: Apologies if this should have went to Advice section.

Last edited:

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Does anyone ever feel like not praying?
From time to time. Yet when one goes a period of time without praying and then returns to praying, one begins to know how the Prodigal Son felt when he returned home.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Meaning of Life - that's the question a lot of people ask, in the end it is quite simple.

You were placed here to find your path to God. Learn about him, know him and his will, carry it out and worship him.

Think of it like this, you are a plant, God planted you. Now you need to grow and increase your yield to nourish him who planted you. As it tells us in the bible if one does not achieve this in life, Jesus, like he did to the unyielding fig tree will kill the plant.

Or, as John the Baptist says in Luke 3:17..."He will gather the grain into his barn, but he will burn the chaff with inextinguishable fire."

If you don't understand the way I've explained it just ask and I shall explain what I mean.

Upvote 0

captainslow

Let's do this...
Apr 16, 2009
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Think of it like this, you are a plant, God planted you. Now you need to grow and increase your yield to nourish him who planted you. As it tells us in the bible if one does not achieve this in life, Jesus, like he did to the unyielding fig tree will kill the plant.

Or, as John the Baptist says in Luke 3:17..."He will gather the grain into his barn, but he will burn the chaff with inextinguishable fire."

If you don't understand the way I've explained it just ask and I shall explain what I mean.

Yeah, read about something similar to this in a book from Rob Bell.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Never herd of him or read his book, but just an additional thought to what I said.

What you are also here for is preaching the word of God to those who are not yet saved as Jesus says in Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Upvote 0

Xenon

Aug 11, 2007
Schaumburg, Illinois
✟15,675.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If someone asks you right now what your purpose in life is and if you found it, what would you say? Feel free to share what your purpose is.
My purpose is to do what God wants me to do. It's been a wild ride so far.

My reason for the above, I'm clueless and have been ever since I have been younger (now 23). Daily I ask myself what my purpose is and what I really want to do? Instead of asking for advice, I can only say that prayer is a good start. Saying that, this is where I need to improve on.
Praying is an excellent start. But don't forget about the Bible, which contains 1,500 years of responses to other people's prayers. It is likely that the advice you need can be found in there, or at least a general direction to start in. Trust in his word too!

Does anyone ever feel like not praying? I get these feelings and say to myself that God does know what I want to say and what I need.
Happens to the best of us. But you are correct: God knows our heart. He will give us what we need, even when we can't vocalize it sometimes. But you should still try to tell him.

So, basically, I am not really a person who goes out and make friends or contacts. I prefer to be alone and rather live in my own world. Once again, that being said, I have come to realise that 90% of the time this in not nice at all. This brings me to self-pity, I suffer from this seriously, through this I make the "atmosphere" around me very uncomfortable for others.
Something that could help is to join a group for some kind of activity. It could be something like running, Scrabble, sports, or anything else you enjoy doing. Odds are that you will find people you relate to and will have a good time.

Truth is, all of this makes me a very unhappy person, full of regrets of the past and no real optimism for the future.
You'd be surprised how much having something to do outside of work can improve your quality of life.

Hope this is helpful!

Upvote 0

RachieCat

~~Pisces~~
Jun 7, 2008
✟16,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I change to make the change God wants all along but my purpose is to keep my promises to others,be good to others,share my dance with those that it will bring out of their shells like disbled children & other thoughts about my purpose here get lost in what I hope to accomplish-life ever after. Does it change sometimes well yes it does as I grow up and branch out with my surroundings. If this was last year and I had to think about things I may have said my purpose was to make my family more balanced because we are all at odds.

Upvote 0

Justin.Parton

Minister Justin Parton
Nov 10, 2008
To hard to Tell
Visit site
✟8,104.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If someone asks you right now what your purpose in life is and if you found it, what would you say?

My Purpose in Life is to worship GOD in all that i do.

My reason for the above.

I look at the biblical accounst of people like King Jehosephat, and others and i begin to realise that worship is obediance, and God works through obediance. Gideon won battles because he worshiped his God before he took account for the physical apsects. It is worship and Prayer that moves God.

The moment i feel that i dont need to pray, is when i pray the hardest. The enemy knows how powerfull prayer is, which is why he seems to stress the desire for us not to. Logically, if something is stressing the desire to not communication between Myself and God. Would i listen? the enemy is jealous because a "common being" like myself gets to experience intimacy with a God that is far above my compacity to think

Another weird thing; I hate when people get excited to see me. Feels as though they are just doing it to make me feel good or something like this.

Sounds as if you have a few strongholds to get through. what is wrong with them attempting to express excitement over seeing you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Abyssal

Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
Las Vegas
✟11,196.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
it seems like u don't have self confidence or something. I mean if people are pumped to see you then you should be happy, unless you don't feel like you deserve it or something.

Me? i think that my purpose is to use my talents to further the technology of the human race.

I'm a total scifi nerd, and would do anything to bring things like that about.

Upvote 0