Your friendly neighbourhood agnostic here.

A

AgnosticGeek

Hello all. My name is Jess, but here I go by the handle GodIsMean. I'm here for friendly theological debate.

My stance on religion is pretty straightforward: The Abrahamic conceptions of God (YHWH or Allah) are cruel, and thus, even if such a God did exist, he would be wholly unworthy of worship. Because I believe that it is important to be a good person, I could never worship a God who is not, himself/herself/itself, a good person.

I'm willing to debate anyone willing to hold a respectful debate on this topic.

Anyways, glad to be here!

EternallyPierced

Jesus, I am so in love with you.
May 25, 2006
South Carolina, US
✟19,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello there Mr. Friendly Agnostic! Welcome to the forums! I'd be glad to have a friendly debate with you sometime :D

I'm EternallyPierced and I run the Free Clothes for Newbies Foundation :D You may have noticed that some people have characters beside their names. I help people who are new get their first outfit. If you would like to know how to receive some free clothes or if you would just like some more info, please click here: The Free Clothes for Newbies Foundation. Please be sure to read the rules and make sure you meet the requirements before making any requests!

If you have any other questions, you can check out the frequently asked questions section. It will tell you just about everything you need to know about this site. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message. Thanks for reading this and I'm glad you're here! Enjoy your stay! :D

In Christ,
EternallyPierced (Matt)

P.S. If you need someone to talk too or if you have any prayer requests, I'd be glad to talk or pray with you. Bye! :D

Upvote 0

ChristianMama84

Hey, y'all!
Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2007
Northwest Alabama
✟53,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BlackWelcome.gif

Upvote 0

CorkyM

Oct 14, 2007
✟7,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. My name is Jess, but here I go by the handle GodIsMean. I'm here for friendly theological debate.

My stance on religion is pretty straightforward: The Abrahamic conceptions of God (YHWH or Allah) are cruel, and thus, even if such a God did exist, he would be wholly unworthy of worship. Because I believe that it is important to be a good person, I could never worship a God who is not, himself/herself/itself, a good person.

Hello and welcome, I'm an atheist but I'm pretty tame. Perhaps I'll see you in the discussion and debate section.

Upvote 0

madeclean

Oct 12, 2007
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jess,
I have to say, I chuckled at your screen name. You seem like you have an ironic sense of humor and I love that in a person. Are you really agnostic? I mean, are you really open to thinking about a Supreme Being, or are you more of a closet athiest? No offense intended, but have you really thought this out? I just ask because I have encountered many people who were really committed athiests that claimed they were agnostic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Live4HimAndLoveOthers

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟16,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
GodIsMean said:
Your friendly neighbourhood agnostic here.

If you have questions that you have not found satisfying answers for yet and are looking for explanations to, I would be happy to discuss theology with you. But if you are putting out a challenge for an intellectual battle just for the sport of it, I personally see no advantage to that. Too often, debates merely end in angry words (although I do like the fact that you used the term "respectful debate"). I also believe that "a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still." I'm not here to fight, and I don't believe that Truth can be found through intellectual arguments.

In any case:

attachment.php

Upvote 0

musicluvr25

Oct 2, 2007
home
✟7,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Welcome. I would gladly debate you on that. I have discussions on that with many people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.