You must read and agree before posting in this forum

I am eligible to post in this forum

• I practice MJ and attend a synagogue or small MJ group (I have read and agree to post with in the gu

• I am an invited non MJ Jew (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the SOP)

• I practice MJ and attend a Church too (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the S

• I practice MJ (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the SOP)

• I am posting as a guest- just here for fellowship and to ask questions

Results are only viewable after voting.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Read and agreed. Just would like a lil clarification on messianic gentile. It may be minor, but: you can believe in Yeshua and keep torah and be out of covenant??? Is this just a distinction between born jew and non-jew? or is there a thread for this lol.
You can start a thread on this to learn how varied the opinion of the distinction is. Jews like it and Gentiles are more of the "commonwealth of Israel" and "adopted"

Upvote 0

ShaulHaTarsi

Jul 9, 2016
USA
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I post here from time to time. I do not identify as Messianic, though I may perhaps be sympathetic to Messianic beliefs and theology. I have a Jewish background, both ethnically and religiously, and I feel that understanding Christ from within a Jewish context only enriches our understanding of Him.

From a personal perspective, I can't help but appreciate the same spirit of the law found in the Mosaic Covenant and contemporary Christian practice. My views are continually developing and I see myself and MJ as natural allies and brothers in Christ.

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have been posting here since ABOUT 2004 under different user names. I visit and discuss scriptures with different congregations. I will try to remember and keep your rules, for which means there is not much for us to discuss.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I have voted as a guest since I don't know much about the Torah and am interested in getting to know Messianics and their practices. :)

Oh and I agree to the SoP
Welcome, Glad to have you here learning. Ask any questions, even start your own thread if you like. We would be delighted to share what we understand. It is "Messy" because we are coming in from all different directions and will reflect some of the stuff we have picked up from where we have been to where we are now. Hope you can wade through it all and see that we are seekers, searchers, prayers and believers. You might just feel right at home in all of this. So welcome home, sojourner. Last stop before His return.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I have been posting here since ABOUT 2004 under different user names. I visit and discuss scriptures with different congregations. I will try to remember and keep your rules, for which means there is not much for us to discuss.
lol.. but that has never stopped you.. Glad to see you are back.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You must read and agree before posting in this forum

Here is the new SOP for the Messianic Judaism Forum

but be sure to vote on this poll as well ok:)

I selected the fellowship/information option.

I will put my question here for your direction.

Exodus 15:26

And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Who put the sicknesses upon the Egyptians in that verse?

I had recently heard a preacher speak on the general topic of Old Testament references showing God to afflict people, of which Exodus 15:26 is an example. He referred to a Hebrew Language authority named Roberts or Robertson and a book that he wrote. He said that the original Hebrew is not easily converted to a precise English equivalent. The translation ends up making it seem that God brought on the affliction as with the Egyptians. Instead it could better have been translated that God permitted the affliction to occur.
My hope is that some knowledgeable individual can offer a good explanation. I believe that the Word of God is true in the original language but the English version may have infrequent, but subtle, flaws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithfulPilgrim

Eternally Seeking
Feb 8, 2015
South Carolina
✟39,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am a guest, but I may be a possible convert to Messianic Judaism as I found out that my mother's side has Jewish lineage going back to my great great grandmother.

I don't know if she was actually Jewish depending on whether it was on her mother's or father's side and she was only half Jewish ethnically, but I don't know if she observed the religion or was a Jew in the cultural sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I am a guest, but I may be a possible convert to Messianic Judaism as I found out that my mother's side has Jewish lineage going back to my great great grandmother.

I don't know if she was actually Jewish depending on whether it was on her mother's or father's side and she was only half Jewish ethnically, but I don't know if she observed the religion or was a Jew in the cultural sense.
No need to be a Jew to be a Messianic Judiasm member.. Messianic is the faith in Yeshua as our Messiah, and Judaism is the faith in Mount Sinai being still valid Yeshua style with all things relating to Him and His Life, His Way, His Truth. Welcome Pilgrim, may you continue to so journey with Him who has lead you this far. Welcome Home

Upvote 0

FaithfulPilgrim

Eternally Seeking
Feb 8, 2015
South Carolina
✟39,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
No need to be a Jew to be a Messianic Judiasm member.. Messianic is the faith in Yeshua as our Messiah, and Judaism is the faith in Mount Sinai being still valid Yeshua style with all things relating to Him and His Life, His Way, His Truth. Welcome Pilgrim, may you continue to so journey with Him who has lead you this far. Welcome Home

Thank you!

I do believe that Messianic Judaism is closest to the Christianity practiced by the Apostles in the Bible, but since I am not of a Jewish upbringing, I don't see the point of practicing the customs and traditions of a culture I don't identify as.

I know Jewish heritage isn't necessary to practice MJ, though.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Thank you!

I do believe that Messianic Judaism is closest to the Christianity practiced by the Apostles in the Bible, but since I am not of a Jewish upbringing, I don't see the point of practicing the customs and traditions of a culture I don't identify as.

I can understand not practice the culture, but I would be careful not to throw God's commands in that pile.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

PKUmom2016

Nov 23, 2016
Spain
✟7,607.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, yes I have read and agree. My family and I are Gentile MJ's with a little crossover Evangelical lol. We are relatively new, still with alot to learn. We attend a live service online broadcast from an MJ synagogue every Saturday because we are in Spain and there are none here. We are mostly looking for community online to grow with and learn from because we have no RL faith community here in Spain. Glad to be here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

If I found a congregation doing all according to Scripture,
living as the disciples did in the NT,
or living as the martyrs do in china,
I would gladly and freely and wonderfully and joyously do whatever they did ! As one in Messiah Y'SHUA ! Together ! In union with HIM!

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

jamespyles

Jun 30, 2011
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟17,448.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I joined Christian Forums about five years ago when I was looking for a church and haven't been here in quite sometime.

I have a question about how this particular forum views non-Jews within the context of Messianic Judaism (and I've encountered many different opinions).

First though, a bit about me so you have some context. My wife is Jewish but not Messianic (we've been married for 33 years and back then, neither one of us was religious). She's not particularly observant except we keep "kosher-style" as the local Chabad Rabbi puts it and she occasionally attends shul.

I don't have any overt Jewish praxis (such as davening while wearing a tallit and donning tefillin) out of deference to her. She's a tad sensitive about non-Jews taking on Jewish religious practices.

She's not comfortable with me as a "Christian" attending synagogue with her, so I don't. I used to attend a church in the vein of Boaz Michael's book "Tent of David" but it didn't work out, so after two years and a rather pointed disagreement with the Head Pastor, I left. Since that time, I haven't attended any sort of congregation.

I do have one friend who I see every couple of weeks who has views similar to my own, but we don't often talk about religious topics.

My "community" is currently comprised of those people who respond to a small blog I maintain where I post of topics generally related to a Messianic Jewish/Gentile views on theology and doctrine.

My question is whether or not the people who maintain this particular discussion board believe in a single law for both Jews and Gentiles (that is, Gentiles being obligated to take on board an identical praxis as Jews who are Messianic) or if Gentile religious practice is made up of a sub-set of commandments as we might find in considering Acts 15?

I'm not trying to be a pest, but I find my personal circumstance unique among Messianics, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I joined Christian Forums about five years ago when I was looking for a church and haven't been here in quite sometime.

I have a question about how this particular forum views non-Jews within the context of Messianic Judaism (and I've encountered many different opinions).

First though, a bit about me so you have some context. My wife is Jewish but not Messianic (we've been married for 33 years and back then, neither one of us was religious). She's not particularly observant except we keep "kosher-style" as the local Chabad Rabbi puts it and she occasionally attends shul.

I don't have any overt Jewish praxis (such as davening while wearing a tallit and donning tefillin) out of deference to her. She's a tad sensitive about non-Jews taking on Jewish religious practices.

She's not comfortable with me as a "Christian" attending synagogue with her, so I don't. I used to attend a church in the vein of Boaz Michael's book "Tent of David" but it didn't work out, so after two years and a rather pointed disagreement with the Head Pastor, I left. Since that time, I haven't attended any sort of congregation.

I do have one friend who I see every couple of weeks who has views similar to my own, but we don't often talk about religious topics.

My "community" is currently comprised of those people who respond to a small blog I maintain where I post of topics generally related to a Messianic Jewish/Gentile views on theology and doctrine.

My question is whether or not the people who maintain this particular discussion board believe in a single law for both Jews and Gentiles (that is, Gentiles being obligated to take on board an identical praxis as Jews who are Messianic) or if Gentile religious practice is made up of a sub-set of commandments as we might find in considering Acts 15?

I'm not trying to be a pest, but I find my personal circumstance unique among Messianics, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Your experience is in many ways just like ours in the search for truth. Welcome to our corner, and understand that we are all a little "messy" because of the path we have taken to get this far. May your spiritual journey be blessed for coming with us. I say "Welcome home, child of God." Your heavenly Father has opened up His arms while you are still a far off, so run and be embraced.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Hello all, yes I have read and agree. My family and I are Gentile MJ's with a little crossover Evangelical lol. We are relatively new, still with alot to learn. We attend a live service online broadcast from an MJ synagogue every Saturday because we are in Spain and there are none here. We are mostly looking for community online to grow with and learn from because we have no RL faith community here in Spain. Glad to be here. Thanks.
May you be blessed with His Spirit upon you, may you find you have spiritually come home. May our Heavenly Father open up His arms wide to welcome you while you are still a far off. I will be looking forward to seeing you post any you may have and may you also find a synagogue in Spain that give you the family of believers to commune with.

I have no idea how close you are to this group, nor do I know anything about it. But if close enough, you could check it out.
B’nai Yahshua Synagogue of Almería, Spain
Apartado 363
Almería 04080
Spain
phone: 34-655-812463
phone: 34-655-812463
Email: yossi777@telefonica.net
Leader: Yossi ben Yisrael

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0