Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Michael,

I am always looking for the gracious and merciful God, that is my spiritual quest so to speak. But the bible has great love and great wrath in it, examples being Christ's cross or, conversely, Noah's Flood. To escape this conundrum of what is what and what to decide for, I often have to go to science for a testing of what I have read. And basically science disproves the bible on the account of Noah's Flood. But if I go to science it does not last long until I come again to the conflict between different and contrary arguments that espouse the same validity. There should be only one truth but there does not seem to be one truth in reality. Noah's Flood was disproven, alright, but there are other things which science sometimes believes in which cannot be proven or disproven, the existence of aliens, the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, etc.

Blessings,

Daniel

daniel,

1. The bible has to be believed as inerrant if we truly believe that God is infallible and eternal and Infinite and Creator of all things. Man is born into sin so he is not infallible so science supposedly disproving the Bible's account of Noah doesn't hold water. No pun intended. Just because man cannot understand the bible and seemingly contradictory statements doesn't mean they cannot be reconciled. Science has to be measured by the word of God in basic truth. In specifics the bible doesn't state anything about in details of science. The bible is basically to men and their redemption spiritually and for the land to be freed from the curse and to rid sin and rebellion and Satan and his children.
2. The bible does explain how sin entered the world by Satan and by Adam and explains the great confrontation between the devil and God and the restoration of all things.

3. Romans 1:20 says; the invisible things of God can be understood by the visible things of creation made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. We can trace the logic of the bible from the beginning of the original creation and the restoration of the earth and sin coming into our human race because of Satan who was Lucifer the anointed cherub who was perfect until he sinned.
God is infinite; man is finite; God was creator; man was the created; Satan the father of lies and founder of sin who is the adversary of all men; and the wicked and disobedient are his children that follow him and the believers are those who follow Christ. darkness vs. light. God dealt with man through their conscience in the first dispensation and they waxed worse and God destroyed them in the flood because they would not retain God in their memory and thus passed the point of no return and that is why God gave them over to a reprobate mind. Read Genesis 9 and Romans 1. God created human governments and man tried to build a tower to the heavens and they purposed in their hearts to be more than God and God confused their languages and scattered them abroad. It was called Babel which became babylon.
had Abraham and the patriarchs as types of faith and eventually came the nation of Israel that would bring the Messiah through the line and after that rejection of the Messiah culminated in the death of the Savior who was the fulness of grace and truth of the redemptive plan of God. Calvary is the center of the universe and the main purpose to overcome the enemy and set up the restoration of all things. The bible gives us daily food for how to live this life which is temporary and the preparation of suffering for Christ is the purpose and destiny for the future of rulership training in life that is perfect and eternal.

2. There is only one truth and truth is found in God. All of the Word of God is true in it's content according to the biblical context. One has to study diligently line upon line, precept upon precept and must study to understand the historical context and how God dealt with men in different ages in different ways and why. Gradual revelation is to be understood that every phase of God's dealings is because of man's sin and for them to understand sin and the importance of victory over sin and knowing the validity of a true God that wants to have relationship with man but it must be in his economy of freewills that will freely love him and have a world of no sin, sickness, and death and who will not ever be tempted to sin again in any way such as the devil did in the beginning when there was no sin.

3. The Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis have nothing to do with the redemptive plan of God. Aliens as we see on TV are highly doubtful but there are thrones of principalities and dominions throughout the universe according to Colossians 1:16. If this is true there could be aliens. As men we don't know; as angels it could be for we know they can travel around the universe for they have been on earth from time to time.

4. If Calvary is the center of the universe then one needs to go no farther to understand and experience the gracious and merciful God who died for our sins and died to set us free. Praise God!

For me the bible is never wrong. I have misunderstood and have changed certain understandings once I learned about immediate context and the whole book and the whole bible context as well as how to reconcile scriptures together to harmonize together. I still listen to everything even if I don't agree because we have to study to show ourselves approved. We have to do our best to rightly divide the word and be like the bereans to see whether or not those others speak the truth or not and of course be led and taught by the Spirit. Jesus said he was the Word, one and the same. It is his account to man of everything that is true, everything that we need to basically know about our live and what our relationship should be to him and how we came to be and what our purpose and destiny is in this life which is preparation for the next life and how we will one day have perfect peace in this world the God way. Look no further to today's shaping up of the new world order and see that soon the Antichrist will be on the scene and men will be crying, Peace and Safety and then sudden destruction comes from the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to bring the true Peace and Safety to this earth. God bless! Jerry Kelso

Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since a while I am at unrest with bible and biblical theology. It seems to me you can prove anything from the bible, there are verses for everything in it. You want to go trinitarian? It's in the New Testament, much of it. You want to go Oneness? The OT is full of it. You want to prove Universal Salvation? Many verses speak about it. You want to believe in Eternal Torment? There are also verses that can be read in a way to prove it.

It's like the book allows everything really. From the most conservative to the most liberal. And if you want to find the God the bible speaks about, it's not so easy and He is rather silent on everything, it's hard to get him to talk.

So how do you read the bible so you have one good and honest and merciful theology?
I agree with much of what
Michael Collum said:
said. I think Christians must look at the Bible as the inspired Word of God - meaning everything recorded there He meant for all mankind and that it all reveals exactly what He wanted to reveal to mankind. I also feel your pain about how do we understand/interpret what is "right" message for any particular verse that He wanted to be revealed.

The same question was asked to an Apostle in Acts 8 and the answer was not just read it and pray about it to let the Spirit show you the way. Jesus said go and teach - not go write and then hand out collections of letters.

Upvote 0