Not anymore
Apr 18, 2005
✟1,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This will sound weird.

I was checking out OrthodoxUSA's CF personal site and on that site he has a link to Ancient Faith Radio.

So I pressed it. Cool... Slavic 109 Ps. And the when it finished this lady started talking about Orthodox music.

And then IT DAWNED ON ME... My God she's American! And I don't mean American like I am Australian (it takes me 20 minutes to go through drive-through because they can not figure out what on earth I am ordering:D )...

I think that my emotional sensors are completely out of whack.

I read Gospel, I cry.
I read Apostol, I cry.
I read Conversion stories, I cry.
I went to the Divine Liturgy this morning.. guess what happened.. Ok.. no-one saw it.. I MADE SURE that no-one saw it... If anyone did.. it would be CLUB, PLASTIC and a HUGE PILE OF CONCRETE.. I am a man... men dont cry... well unless they read Gospels, Apostol and Conversion stories... and yes, unless they are at Divine Liturgy.

So, listening this american girl (very peaceful voice) I started to... you know...:cry:

What I am trying to say (apart from that I am in touch with my feminine side:thumbsup: ) is that it just dawned on me. Orthodoxy is in USA. These people that cross themselves the same way I do.. are not Panayotis', Georgiou's, Stevanovich's or Nikolayevich... these are Stephens', Roberts'...

They are not in Thessalonika, Athens, Moscow, Sofia, Antiochia, Belgrade... they are in Tucson, Dallas, LA, NYC....

It is such a great and humble and beautiful and nice news..

God bless you all.

us49.gif
gr_ortdx.gif

Please forgive, I did not realize this before....

Reactions: Irish Melkite

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
Yes, Orthodoxy is in America, and is growing. The people here are thirsty for it.

:clap::amen::clap:

I can't wait to get a mission Church started in our town and see how it grows. People around here are so thirsty for Truth.

Upvote 0

Zinnia

the sunshine flower
May 29, 2005
✟1,163.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have an Orthodox mission in our town here in California. I haven't started a formal study of Orthodoxy there yet, but hope to soon. Right now, I am studying on my own while my ankle heals. Oh, and by the way, "hi" ... I'm new here. :wave: pleased to meet all of you.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Zinnia said:
We have an Orthodox mission in our town here in California. I haven't started a formal study of Orthodoxy there yet, but hope to soon. Right now, I am studying on my own while my ankle heals. Oh, and by the way, "hi" ... I'm new here. :wave: pleased to meet all of you.

Welcome to TAW! We'll be glad to answer any questions or help however we can.

Upvote 0

Zinnia

the sunshine flower
May 29, 2005
✟1,163.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
forgivensinner001 said:
Welcome to TAW! We'll be glad to answer any questions or help however we can.

Thank you! This is the main reason I am here. I probably will have many questions, and hope to learn many things. In fact, already my faith has come a long way in a short period of time.

Reactions: Marjorie
Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Zinnia said:
Welcome! Very glad to meet you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MORTANIUS said:
God Bless America for its tolerant views on religion. :thumbsup:

While America is a democracy and has to tolerate various religious expressions, the Eastern Orthodox Church is guided by Jesus Christ Himself and has the responsibility to rebuke heresy. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MORTANIUS

May 22, 2005
Kitchener
✟960.00
Faith
Lutheran
xenia said:
I'm glad you appreciated my post.

You may think I'm being antagonistic but I really do agree with part of what you said.

We have the freedom to challenge heretical and unjust things.

This type of freedom doesn't exist in very many places around the world.

But I'm not sure what you're point was exactly. Is it just me, or am I wrong in thinking that people in the Orthodox section are suspicious of me when I post? :(

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MORTANIUS said:
You may think I'm being antagonistic but I really do agree with part of what you said.

We have the freedom to challenge heretical and unjust things.

This type of freedom doesn't exist in very many places around the world.

Yep. I see it as a window of opportunity that we need to take advantage of before the window is slammed shut.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Orthodoxy is all over the place where I live here in FL. There's a beautiful Orthodox Cathedral a few miles away and other Orthodox churches scattered all over the place. The fact that someone is an American doesn't automatically make them a Fundie-gelical protestant :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.