Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I think that fact will be missed here though
Agreed. Some people will continue to dismiss the blatant omissions and distortions happening daily ... as of no consequence ... even though it is through those omissions and distortions that political agenda is foisted upon an unsuspecting populace.

One should never forget that Pravda, the propaganda outlet for the Soviet Union as well as its largest newspaper, bears the name "Truth" and to this day remains the official journal of the Russian communist party.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,733,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was referring to you actually. There is a difference between a mistake by an editor and deliberate promoting fake news which was rampant against Clinton this election.

I haven't seen Trump supporters decrying the fake news against her. Seems hypocritical.

How many threads are you going to start on fake news?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I was referring to you actually. There is a difference between a mistake by an editor and deliberate promoting fake news which was rampant against Clinton this election.
Sure.

A simple mistake is understandable ... and to be fair it is essentially impossible to get news stories 100% accurate. The problem, however, is that a double standard serves no one well. If the mainstream press is going to loudly rail against "Fake News" then, by golly, let's measure them against that standard as well.

It's not complicated.
I haven't seen Trump supporters decrying the fake news against her. Seems hypocritical.
I shed no tears for either Clinton or Breitbart News ... both richly deserve, IMHO, what they received.
How many threads are you going to start on fake news?
I wasn't planning on adding any more ...

... unless, of course, another major "Fake News" story comes out.
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Breitbart is going to be hurting though - Steve Bannon is on Trump's team.
I'm happy with Breitbart being the official organ for Trump. Everyone knows that already.

I like that a lot better than having multiple news services claim to be unbiased but then spew propaganda non-stop as some have done during the Obama administration - never attempting to hold Obama accountable for his actions.

• Winner
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟816,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sure.

A simple mistake is understandable ... and to be fair it is essentially impossible to get news stories 100% accurate. The problem, however, is that a double standard serves no one well.

The story has been corrected. This is what real news organizations do when a mistake is made.

Now, a fake news site will run a story like
MILEY CYRUS DEAD AT THE AGE OF 22
and just leave it there, months later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
... unless, of course, another major "Fake News" story comes out.
Winking_smiley.gif

There is enough time yet today for one to appear, especially if Trump picks another person to his cabinet the Democrats hate... :doh:

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟557,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This one cracks me up...

Pro-Lifers Declare “[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Is Murder: Every Sperm Cell Is A Life”

PROLIFE.jpg

pro-life movement in the United States has long advocated their stance that human life begins at conception and that the human fetus is a person and therefore has a right to live. However, a new argument has taken flight over the last month that is taking the abortion debate to the next level. The variety in opinion on the issue of abortion is reflected in the diverse views of religious groups, but now pro-lifers are declaring “[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is murder” and they want strict laws against the practice.

“Life begins BEFORE conception. This is why the Catholics do not believe in birth control,” said Rachel Stratt, pro-life activist. “God made men’s sperm for a purpose, and you can just “waste” that purpose by gratifying yourself whenever you want to. Every time you do, you are literally killing thousands of babies! [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is murder and every sperm cell is a life!”

• Haha
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

LinguaIgnota

Nov 26, 2014
✟59,588.00
Faith
Atheist
This one cracks me up...

That's sort of the point of satire.

Your #1 Source For So Called “News”
Straight Stoned was founded by our forefathers on a dark and stormy day during the Civil War. Gradually, Straight Stoned has grown to be one of the most iconic brands in the known Universe. We report on news that occurs lightyears away and bring it to you directly, faster than light speed. You are sitting there and asking yourself, “How is this possible? Is Straight Stoned that great of a news source?” The answer is yes. We are the greatest of all time and will continue revolutionizing universal news for the next 7 trillion years – until the dark and chaotic environment of the universe rips us a part in it’s final moments. Even then, we’ll still report it – if anyone is still on the internet..

Most importantly, if you believe any of this, you are dumb as rocks. Welcome to the lovely satirical world of Straight Stoned.

- About - Straight Stoned

Here's the article you for some reason failed to source: Pro-Lifers Declare "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Is Murder: Every Sperm Cell Is A Life" - Straight Stoned

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟557,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's sort of the point of satire.

- About - Straight Stoned

Here's the article you for some reason failed to source: Pro-Lifers Declare "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Is Murder: Every Sperm Cell Is A Life" - Straight Stoned

All "fake news" is satire to me. What's sad is that some people believe it.

Upvote 0